Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1345

It is now being reported that Vikings assistant coach Rick Dennison has not been fired just yet.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It is now being reported that Vikings assistant coach Rick Dennison has not been fired just yet.
    Looks like you were asterisked. Here's the link:

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/...ssions-ongoing

Sounds like Dennison could still get the chop if he doesn't get the shot.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Minnesota Vikings vs. assistant coach Rick Dennison story has been resolved with the team blinking and not firing him. Instead, in a display of cowardice, they have reassigned him to the role of "senior offensive advisor". While this means he won't be around players, it also means despite not having any kind of religious or medical exemption (that has been revealed at least), he can keep selfishly refuse to get vaccinated.

But I'm guessing the team rescinded the firing because Dennison would've sued them if they'd put him completely out of work.

You can read the full article (minus my sarcasm) via this NFL.com article link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I guess Mac Jones threw darts today and Cam Newton threw picks.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I guess Mac Jones threw darts today and Cam Newton threw picks.
    Seeing a Patriots fan fawn in a video of Mac Jones throwing TD passes to non covered WR's and then on 7 on 7 practices was funny to see. "Oh my...look how great Mac Jones is right now !"

Its practice and 7 on 7 right now. The real tests come in preseason and the brief times he will come to regular season games this year. Practice right now is a bit of , well its basically being ran as simple as possible. (Its been said that Jimmy Garapoolo his Super Bowl season with 49ers threw 3-4 Ints in a 1st practice)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I'm biased on not being terribly excited about the Patriots having Mac "Nobama" Jones as the face of the franchise going forward (unless he collapses and we're able to move on), but it's way too early to judge. Let's see him on a game day with NFL level defenses. Even against back-ups looking to hold onto a job.

Ryan Tannehill is vaccinated but he's apparently not happy he had to do it.

How is it that these supposed big tough football players are such whiny fucking crybabies?

BANNED

Because we had a President who made these issues political. Not because of true conviction, but because there might be gain for him. That gives license for those who would rather not distance or wear masks or get a shot (as if the rest of us just love it and can't wait to do more) to be their worst self. We had the co-Offensive Line Coach on the Pats refuse it and lose his job. Ooh, now you've got my hopes up. Hopefully Mac Jones (again, see that pic of the Obama costume to see where his politics are) will refuse the vaccine and we won't have to wait to move on.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's the same in baseball with players obstinate about not letting teams dictate to them when it comes to the vaccine. However, those same players don't say **** when they're traded to the Yankees and are told by management to shave off their facial hair. Go figure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Tell them the shot gives an undectable PED and I bet a bunch go and get it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Ryan Tannehill is vaccinated but he's apparently not happy he had to do it.

How is it that these supposed big tough football players are such whiny fucking crybabies?
    Somehow, Arizona went from being <50% vaccinated in news reports a few weeks ago to now >90% vaccinated.

I'm presuming to pull that off, they had to go the Johnson & Johnson one-shot route. But it's encouraging to see them get that impressive an improvement as training camp opens.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Wentz is out, might be for most of the season.

He's not even playing for the Eagles and he still hurts them. Their #1 pick now looks to be a #2 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wentz is out, might be for most of the season.

He's not even playing for the Eagles and he still hurts them. Their #1 pick now looks to be a #2 at best.
    I have never seen a more breakable QB in all the years I have watched the NFL. ****.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The 2021 editions of "Why Your Team Sucks" have started, courtesy of Drew Magary.

First up, as is often the case when he starts with the worst of the lot... we have the Jacksonville Jaguars, the team whose stadium will be the first to be claimed by the Atlantic Ocean due to climate change.

Top Jags quotes:
    • Hunter: "The owner’s son makes team personnel decisions in between doing promos for AEW on TNT. F*** this team."
    • Dylan: "Only in Jacksonville does a team luck its way into a franchise quarterback, the type that comes out once a freaking decade, and then pair him with a coach that quits the moment he loses four games in a year."
    • Drew Magary: "If you ever wondered what it would look like if the Capitol Riot happened at an NFL stadium instead of the Capitol, here you go."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 07-30-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Next up... Why Your Team Sucks:the New York Jets, the team who last year produced one of the worst defensive coaching calls in league history, and was 2-12 under the leadership of the now-fired Adam Gase and his googly eyes.

Top Jets quotes:
    • Drew Magary: "Perpetual black lung victim Sam Darnold was traded to the Panthers for a 57th-round pick and an opened package of AA batteries. Every expert is predicting Darnold to get his s*** together in 2021, not because he’s improved but because he’s no longer playing for the Jets, who trigger clinical depression in their own players. To replace history’s most amusing mono victim, the Jets went right ahead and drafted another vaccine truther in Zach Wilson.."
    • John: "Every f***ing three years this team tries to sell the idea to their remaining fans that THIS time the QB they drafted won’t become the latest addition to the Jets Draft Blooper Reel, only for the experiment to end on a butt fumble or a ruptured spleenspimonoAIDS. The one year we DIDN’T draft a QB in the top 10 was the Mahomes/Watson year when we took a f***ing safety because the bumbling assholes in charge thought Christian Hackenberg was The One."
    • Ian: "I’m 35 years old and my greatest moment as a fan of this team was winning an XXXL Pennington jersey at TGI Friday’s trivia night.."
    • Chris: "I had a truly optimistic feeling about Zach Wilson, not the faux optimism I had with Darnold. One of those reasons was the presence of QB whisper, Greg Knapp. It finally felt like we had the right support staff in place for the right QB prospect. Welp, Knapp was just hit by a car and killed. This is not a joke and there are no winners (RIP)."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 07-30-2021 at 03:40 PM.