Page 73 of 90 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1345
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Indy should have realized Carson Wentz was an injury plagued QB who has battled injuries for a few seasons. He's not been able to start 16 games except ...what 1 season thus far ? Plus he's been inconsistent as well. So they are not getting a top QB really here and letting Bissett go was kinda stupid in this situation. I do think the Colts will likely bring in Nick Foles on a trade as the Bears will trade him for a 4th or 5th rd pick.
    Personally, I don't understand why they have no faith in Jacob Eason. It's a similar feeling I have with Chad "Swag" Kelly two years ago, where, after they got eliminated from the playoffs, they stuck with Brissett instead of playing Kelly. Yet, they kept Kelly on the roster despite having zero intentions of making him active in the final two games, with Reich providing bullshit reasons justifying the nebulous state of keeping him inactive instead of just cutting him; like, if you know the guy sucks, but you are out of contention, why not just try? Worst case scenario is you get a better draft pick.

And that's my thoughts on Jacob Eason.

I get that everyone else is fully developed and they don't want to end up with another Scott Tolzien situation where they start with a guy who turns out to be a complete moron (and what they've seen in training camp is not promising), but that's what you get with starting Brett Hundley, whom we have on our depth chart; a known failure. But, the guy didn't have training camp last year and had no chance of playing time whatsoever, so of course he's gonna be sloppy. Frankly, I'd give Eason the shot. If he sucks, he sucks, and you get rid of him and try someone else. I just don't want to end up with another Swag Kelly where they tease me with the promise of someone getting a shot, but always denying him.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ryan Kelly is out now too for the Colts. 4-7 weeks. Elbow.

Darius Leonard is expected to miss a few weeks now, too. Shoulder.

Jeeze Indy!

Early estimates on Carson are sounding like 6-8 weeks now that he's out.
    Injuries and the Colts go hand in hand.

Big news out of Niners camp today is that Sermon & Mitchell are killing it.

They look like they're going to have a nice stable of RBs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Apologies to WPP, but it's time for... Why Your Team Sucks... The Philadelphia Eagles!

• Drew Magary: "The Eagles opened up last season by blowing a 17-point lead to Washington. They blew a chance to come back against the Ravens because their head coach called a shotgun QB draw on their final two-point conversion attempt. They punted in overtime to force a deliberate tie against the Bengals. In a game against the Giants, down four points in the fourth quarter, they handed it off to Miles Sanders on 3rd and 18. (He gained one yard.) In a game against the Packers, down a touchdown in the fourth quarter, they punted. Green Bay’s Aaron Jones had a 77-yard touchdown run on the ensuing possession. And going into their final game—a rematch against Washington—the Eagles had already lost six of their last seven, with their lone win coming against a Saints team that was starting Taysom Hill at quarterback as part of an extended I Think You Should Leave sketch.

I’M STILL NOT FINISHED. The Eagles also benched their franchise deer hunter in early December because he had regressed into being the worst starting quarterback in the league and because he had alienated everyone in the building except for the ****-for-brains GM who drafted him. The rookie QB they started in his stead showed promise late in the season and was on the verge of kicking Washington out of the playoff field in that final game… UNTIL…

Doug Pederson says the decision to play Nate Sudfeld was his. 'I was coaching to win.' Says Sudfeld has been here with the #Eagles a few years and deserved snaps.

You won’t have Picnic Dad to kick around anymore. Doug Pederson went from winning a title to being roughly as employable as Adam Gase faster than Eagles fans can turn a sidewalk into a toilet. "
    • Mike: "F*** Howie Roseman with Gritty’s left skate.."
    • Alex: " Our training and medical staff are straight from a Gettysburg triage hospital. All of our running backs got hurt. All of our wide receivers got hurt, and Alshon Jeffery was still probably our best option at that position. All of our cornerbacks got hurt. Nathan Gerry started 19 games over the last two seasons, and the Niners cut him a few weeks after they signed him, confirming what we all thought about his talent. Wentz had the gall to bitch about getting benched 12 games into the season while playing some of the most god awful quarterback I have seen since Ty fucking Detmer.

We could have had Duce Staley, a beloved icon who more than earned his shot to be the head coach. He had the players respect, which is truly half the battle. He might have sucked, but he deserved a shot to find that out. Instead, we had to listen to Jeffrey Lurie, our esteemed team owner, talk about how Duce wasn’t the right fit, but wishes him the best because he is like a son to him. **** you, Jeff. The only thing the shield loves more than money is nepotism. If he was like a son to you would have hired him! You ***hole! F*** Jeffrey Lurie with a can of Campbell’s soup that McNabb puked on."
    • Jeff: " My wife only tolerates football because I work out my gametime anxieties by rubbing her feet. So it’s Week 4. The Eagles are on the road against the 49ers. There’s 6:50 left in the game and Wentz bails us out by going for it on fourth and actually throwing on target. They bring Jalen Hurts in and send Wentz out wide because Doug thought it’d be cute to cosplay as the Saints.

'Don’t waste it!' my wife chimes in, to my surprise.

The ball is snapped directly through Hurts’s hands. He scurries backward and falls on it, setting up a 2nd & Santa Monica.

She buries her face in her hands. 'WHY MUST I EXPERIENCE THIS?!'

I still don’t have a good answer. What’s worse, the fact that she reacted at all tells me she cares now. I should be tried at the Hague."
    • David: "It’s absolutely the most Eagles thing ever to have alienated our franchise QB and tossed him aside for a second-year guy, only to now be stuck praying that he does just well enough at the new job to get us a first-round pick back.."

That... uh... that last one is something WPP has actually said in this thread this week. Truly, David is a prophet.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-05-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Apologies to WPP, but it's time for... Why Your Team Sucks... The Philadelphia Eagles!

That... uh... that last one is something WPP has actually said in this thread this week. Truly, David is a prophet.
    Not to worry, WBE, I was looking forward to my squad getting skewered. And I wasn't disappointed as that was funny as sin....and all too true as well. Sometimes, you need to be an experienced masochist to be an Eagles fan!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In news the Carolina Panthers cut a safety who delivered a terrible shot on one of their backup WR's and could have crippled the guy. The safety was a rookie trying get on with the team and the release didn't shock anyone given the hit involved. Lucky for the WR he was ok at hospital.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I am a giant Patriots fan and have been my entire life (I know I know please be nice to me). The Pats may be a OK team this year but with Cam as the QB I do not see us going very far. I say play Mac Jones and see what the kid has got.

I also see Brady going back to the Super Bowl and winning it all with the Bucs (yuck).
    From what I see coming out of the talking heads in the local area, and I agree, they're not likely to play the kid until after Week 4 when Brady and the Buccs come into Foxboro. That's going to be an emotional game, and one in which we likely get our asses firmly handed back to us after a solid drubbing, and putting that kind of pressure on the kid is ridiculous. The plan (as guessed by people who are usually wrong, but again it makes sense to me) is to see how Cam does until that point and if we're 1-3 or 0-4 maybe give the kid a shot. Otherwise traditionally teams consider it after a bye week, which is 14 for us this year (not bad, always like later byes) but that's pretty close to the end of the season. If we're competitive with Cam early this makes sense.

As to Brady, I cheered hard for him with the Buccs and was super happy he and Gronk won another ring together. I'll be just as happy if he makes it 8 and goes full Hal Jordan in Emerald Twilight. If we can't do it, might as well be the GOAT. Can't get mad at a guy we continuously underpaid and who gave us the greatest run of a sports franchise arguably ever, and maybe that ever will happen (or as Bret Hart used to say, "The Best there Is, the Best there Was, and the Best there ever Will Be!"). But I can understand the hurt some fans must feel.

GOAT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    From what I see coming out of the talking heads in the local area, and I agree, they're not likely to play the kid until after Week 4 when Brady and the Buccs come into Foxboro. That's going to be an emotional game, and one in which we likely get our asses firmly handed back to us after a solid drubbing, and putting that kind of pressure on the kid is ridiculous. The plan (as guessed by people who are usually wrong, but again it makes sense to me) is to see how Cam does until that point and if we're 1-3 or 0-4 maybe give the kid a shot. Otherwise traditionally teams consider it after a bye week, which is 14 for us this year (not bad, always like later byes) but that's pretty close to the end of the season. If we're competitive with Cam early this makes sense.

As to Brady, I cheered hard for him with the Buccs and was super happy he and Gronk won another ring together. I'll be just as happy if he makes it 8 and goes full Hal Jordan in Emerald Twilight. If we can't do it, might as well be the GOAT. Can't get mad at a guy we continuously underpaid and who gave us the greatest run of a sports franchise arguably ever, and maybe that ever will happen (or as Bret Hart used to say, "The Best there Is, the Best there Was, and the Best there ever Will Be!"). But I can understand the hurt some fans must feel.

GOAT.jpg
    Ya I cant see Bill going with Mac against Brady (even though I am praying he does).
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 08-04-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post

GOAT.jpg
    Oh I still love Brady and always will. I worship the guy. Just hate seeing him in that black and red uniform.

Imagine though if Cam gets hurt in the first couple weeks and they have to put Mac in week 4 against Brady. That may just be the biggest watched sporting event known to man. Wow how I would love to see that.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

From what little I've heard about Patriots training camp (I don't typically pay much attention to the stuff), Mac Jones has been getting progressively worse as camp has gone on. They will definitely NOT start him if they have a choice.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    From what little I've heard about Patriots training camp (I don't typically pay much attention to the stuff), Mac Jones has been getting progressively worse as camp has gone on. They will definitely NOT start him if they have a choice.
    Yes the reports are saying Mac Jones does not look that good...yet. Cam they are saying is looking much better (he really sucks).

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In news the Carolina Panthers cut a safety who delivered a terrible shot on one of their backup WR's and could have crippled the guy. The safety was a rookie trying get on with the team and the release didn't shock anyone given the hit involved. Lucky for the WR he was ok at hospital.
    Looking at the clip, the hit didn't look like anything was really deliberate. But so much has been put on defenders now to avoid any and all head shots, and the WR did get a concussion so there has to be a price paid for hits like that nowadays.

Video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1422553013366009861
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

We're past the Matt Patricia era.. Why Your Team Sucks... The Detroit Lions!

• Drew Magary: "If hiring Dan Campbell as head coach strikes you as a massive overcorrection from the Patricia s***wreck, you are correct. Here’s your reminder that Robert Saleh, the brains behind a 2019 San Francisco team that won the NFC, was not just available, but was FROM Michigan. In fact, Michigan state officials actively lobbied for the Lions to hire Saleh. And despite all that, Saleh still took one look at the Lions and said to himself, You know what? I think the Jets are the better play here. I would rather go to prison than work for the Jets, and yet I completely understand Saleh’s logic."
    • Maitreyi Anantharaman: "Getting jabbed with a vaccine needle is the least painful experience I’ve had at Ford Field."
    • Nick:"We traded for a quarterback who notoriously cannot do anything on the field other than follow the coach’s explicit instructions and then hired a coach whose instructions are to bite off the opponent’s knee caps."
    • Brian:"Since Super Bowl I there have been 399 NFL playoff games. The Detroit Lions have won one of them."

Who was the better Matt in Detroit, was it Matt Millen or Matt Patricia? I know they had much different roles, but I would say they are on par in terms of overall competency at their respective jobs.

For the record, I don't think Bob Quinn is close to Millen in terms of mismanagement.

(The Lions really should avoid Matts in the future.)
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 08-05-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Who was the better Matt in Detroit, was it Matt Millen or Matt Patricia? I know they had much different roles, but I would say they are on par in terms of overall competency at their respective jobs.

For the record, I don't think Bob Quinn is close to Millen in terms of mismanagement.

(The Lions really should avoid Matts in the future.)
    Millen oversaw the 0-16, so I have to lean in that direction.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-05-2021 at 01:37 PM.