Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1345

But ... the Vikings do have a very nice stadium. And skyways! Seriously, love that stadium and the purple dipping dots too. If my team sucked, but I got to go to that stadium and see them during the incredibly nasty Minneapolis winter, I'd happily go. Happier if they were winning, sure.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Raiders are requiring proof of vaccination for home game attendance.

The Atlanta Falcons are the first NFL team with 100% vaccination rate.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It's going to be kind of embarrassing for the teams in the league to have the Raiders... the RAIDERS being the safest venue with the lowest potential mortality rate.

Hoping more teams follow suit, and fast.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's going to be kind of embarrassing for the teams in the league to have the Raiders... the RAIDERS being the safest venue with the lowest potential mortality rate.

Hoping more teams follow suit, and fast.
    The Bengals are talking about it. but I dont see them doing this. Even though Mike Brown is GOP he has been pretty supportive of Mask mandates and vaccines requiring a vaccine will cause too much bad press from people and hurt his bottom line and he really cares about the money.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Bengals are talking about it. but I dont see them doing this. Even though Mike Brown is GOP he has been pretty supportive of Mask mandates and vaccines requiring a vaccine will cause too much bad press from people and hurt his bottom line and he really cares about the money.
    I guarantee you all of the NFL owners despite being dyed in the wool Conservatives are all pro-vaccine. Granted the GQP is infiltrating some of the most laser focused economic conservatives, so you never know, but they know what the writing on the wall is.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that the Jaguars cut Tim Tebow. The NFL's long national nightmare is at last over (said with tongue in cheek).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Really looking forward to seeing what Mac Jones can do this Thursday. They are predicting bad weather.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing what Mac Jones can do this Thursday. They are predicting bad weather.
    I live in Philly, and it looks like the worst of the weather on Thursday will be in the morning hours. Of course, Mother Nature often ignores weatherguessers, so we'll just have to wait and see on that score.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that the Jaguars cut Tim Tebow. The NFL's long national nightmare is at last over (said with tongue in cheek).
    He missed a block so badly that it was dangerous (I'm not talking about the viral one). Somebody was going to get severely hurt with his technique. The kickers and punters on teams need the 3-4 depth chart TEs to be great blockers since they're on special most of the time.

Seriously, a punter or kicker was going to end up with a broken leg with how bad of a blocker he was.

And I thought Jimmy Graham was bad at blocking.

If anything, Tebow just proved how good those 3-4-5 TEs really are.
    He'll throw INTs and get sacked a lot.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-17-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He'll throw iNTs and get sacked a lot.
    Why do you say that? I dont believe that will happen at all. Are you talking about that awful Cam Newton?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Why do you say that? I dont believe that will happen at all. Are you talking about that awful Cam Newton?
    I detailed it in my post to you about him earlier.

I dunno. He was messy and slow in mesh routes with a severe lack of consistency in those short routes. That appears to be the bread and butter of this current system. Held the ball in weird situations giving up sacks and yards. I'd give him a solid C+.

Will be more telling in the weeks to come how he does.

His release is snappy, though. A+ on that. I want to see more 2 minute drills from him and goal line tries. I thought it was funny that Darth Hoodie would not challenge an obvious missed play to force a 2 minute drill on Jones. Good coaching on that.
    That spells disaster in bad weather. If he can't hit those mesh routes and short outs consistently in good weather ... he's in trouble in bad weather. Did he play in wind or rain much in 'Bama?

He was the worst of the "new" QBs last week. I go with Fields, Lance, Wilson, Lawrence first. Eh ... Lawrence had 2 sacks and 1 Fum ... Maybe I'll move Jones up to 4.

Still a C+ outing overall IMHO.

NE has a decent RB corps. That rookie or year 2 guy (I forgot) that ran the 70+ yarder and their main group will probably carry the load.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-17-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I detailed it in my post to you about him earlier.

That spells disaster in bad weather. If he can't hit those mesh routes and short outs consistently in good weather ... he's in trouble in bad weather. Did he play in wind or rain much in 'Bama?

He was the worst of the "new" QBs last week. I go with Fields, Lance, Wilson, Lawrence first. Eh ... Lawrence had 2 sacks and 1 Fum ... Maybe I'll move Jones up to 4.

Still a C+ outing overall IMHO.

NE has a decent RB corps. That rookie or year 2 guy (I forgot) that ran the 70+ yarder and their main group will probably carry the load.
    Mac looked better than Cam in the entire game. You give him a C+ I disagree with that big time. I would say a solid B.

Even with your C+ I would start Mac over Cam any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good. Never should've gotten another chance to begin with. Waste of even a temporary roster spot.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Raiders are requiring proof of vaccination for home game attendance.

The Atlanta Falcons are the first NFL team with 100% vaccination rate.
    Vegas is a pretty cosmopolitan city. Its not exactly conservative, even though there are strong conservative portions. It attracts people from all over, and so the identity is diffuse enough that the ownership can get away with it without the kind of backlash you would get in all those hick big cities out there like Dallas.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mac looked better than Cam in the entire game. You give him a C+ I disagree with that big time. I would say a solid B.

Even with your C+ I would start Mac over Cam any day of the week.
    I wasn't comparing him to Cam, just the other new guys. Cam is a whole other monster to tackle (I'd give him a D).

He could get very good or very terrible in the next 2 games. Darth Hoodie valued his head, so we'll see if he improves or not.

He had a low 78 passer rating ... that's barely above average in the NFL ... C+ isn't as bad as you make it sound ... and his other stat lines agree with that assessment.

For perspective, Fields A, Lance B+, Wilson B, Jones C+, Lawrence C.

I would like to hear why you think he was a B, or in the same catagory as Stafford, Tannehill, or Herbert (current B guys) and not Cousins, Ryan, or Burrow (C+ guys currently).
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-17-2021 at 04:32 PM.