Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1345

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Good. Never should've gotten another chance to begin with. Waste of even a temporary roster spot.
    He made the Jags/NFL ~$10-12M in merch sales and popped their tickets sales to the tune of ~$100M.

Jags and NFL need that green.

Name another TE they could've given that spot to that would've flashed that much in sales.

They had 90 spots again this year ... most teams are still scrambling for practice squad guys to fill out those 90. He didn't take anyboy's spot.

He did provide money for the Jags, the NFL, and showed how good those real TEs are. He also wasted the Jags time. The coach cut him earlier that I expected but it still showed a lack of on field gumption for the HC.

I didn't want him playing again but YAY! It is over quicker than I expected.

Now we can debate the real things like Cam or Mac and Lance or Jimmy G.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-17-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Here comes Darth Hoodie's time in the barrel... it's Why Your Team Sucks... The New England Patriots! See a bunch of Patriots fans note they have a large portion of the fanbase defecting to become Tampa Bay fans!

• Drew Magary:"No more Super Bowls. No more dynasties. Those days are gone now, just as we all prayed for. This is a team that ceded dominion over the AFC East to the Buffalo Bills. Half their roster opted out because they knew they’d be awful, and they were. They lost to the Broncos in a game where Drew Lock went 10-for-24 for 189 yards with two picks. Their starting quarterback got COVID—real COVID, where you’re actually sick and lucky you don’t run out of breath entirely—and never physically recovered. They tried running the 2011 Tim Tebow offense to make everything work and failed miserably. Everyone they did dirty this century got their licks in, with the exception of the Jets because the Jets.

And of course, they let their six-time Super Bowl champion quarterback walk to Tampa and watched him IMMEDIATELY win a seventh ring without them. Turns out the Patriots were utterly superfluous to Tom Brady’s success in the end. That could have been any other team, which is what the Patriots now are."
    • John:"Because I know multiple Patriots fans who live in Massachusetts and have purchased season tickets for the f***ing Bucs. You watched your team win six Super Bowls in 20 years and now you can’t even stomach a moderate rebuild? Eat your f***ing vegetables you child."
    • Darrin:"We spent a bajillion dollars in the off-season in hopes of ending our two-year long Super Bowl drought. Everyone is convincing themselves Mac Jones in the next Tom Brady without taking even a second to remember they did the same thing with Jarrett Stidham."
    • Dennis: "The Patriots will be caught hiding positive COVID results and get docked draft picks in an effort to make the playoffs that will result in a tepid 7-10 record. "
    • Claire:" When Brady left, my husband donated his jersey to the thrift store. He did the same with the Gronk one when he joined the Bucs. Disloyal, both of them. As far as my husband is concerned, all Super Bowl victories that included those two are now tainted and don’t count anymore. He got mad at me for watching the highlights from the Atlanta one when I was trying to succor the pain of last season. He also got mad at me for watching the NFC championship and the Super Bowl. I just thought it was nice to be able to watch players I like succeed. He hate-watched the SB until the third quarter then left to sulk upstairs. I think he now sees me as disloyal too and treats me differently. I don’t know what I can do to get him to let go of his grudge. I am very sad."
    • Patrick:" February 5, 2017, the night the Patriots came back against the Falcons to win their fifth Super Bowl, was the night I realized I have depression. My wife worked nights at the time and I didn’t throw a party that year, so I watched the game alone with my dog. When the Pats won in overtime, I jumped off my couch, yelled something unintelligible and fell to the floor; I was amazed. I watched the trophy ceremony, then put the harness on the dog and took him out.

It was a clear night in Chicago, and as I looked up at the few stars I could see over the city’s persistent glow, I realized I felt nothing. I wasn’t happy about seeing a team I’ve loved two thirds of my life complete the biggest comeback in playoff history to win the Super Bowl. I was impressed by an objectively impressive feat. It felt like I heard that someone won the Nobel Prize in Physics. That was the start of a slide that would lead to denial, stupid choices that are best left unsaid, suicidal ideation, therapy, and, after about a year and a half, divorce. I’m much better now, but after 4 years I still associate this team with a feeling of emptiness. Not just because of that unpleasant memory, but because that’s what being a Pats fan is like now.

Every year, they do something impressive, but unsatisfying. In 2019, coming off another Super Bowl, they started the season 8-0, with an average score of 31-8. But every Pats fan I knew was disappointed that they didn’t shut out every team. Didn’t score 50 every game. Last year, in the middle of a pandemic, Tom Brady left, they had no receivers, half the defense opted out, and Cam got COVID in week 4, but they still won 7 games. We should be excited that a team with 2-14 talent went 7-9. Optimistic even. But no. There’s no joy left in rooting for this team. There’s just getting everything you want and still feeling like you have nothing."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-17-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Here comes Darth Hoodie's time in the barrel... it's Why Your Team Sucks... The New England Patriots! See a bunch of Patriots fans note they have a large portion of the fanbase defecting to become Tampa Bay fans!
    Those are not real Pats fans then. Yes, I will watch Tom for the rest of his days in the NFL after what he did for the New England region. See Pats fans are just upset because we for once knew better than our beloved coach...Tom was far from done. I understand Bill wanted to move on from Tom for awhile but I am happy the way it turned out. Now I'm not saying I was happy seeing Brady go but he had to. His time in New England was over because he knew Bill wanted him gone and thought he was done with his career (Ha far from it).

What you said above about all of us thinking Mac is the next Brady...you are far from wrong. There will never be another Brady. Like never ever. We just want a QB that can play the game and throw the ball (unlike Cam).

The rest of those people above with the stupid comments or opinions. None of them know a thing about being a real Pats fan. Not one of them.

I bet you all knew Tom was going to win 3 Super Bowls in his first 4 years as well. Hahahahahahaha

Let the hate flow through you my children!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Those are not real Pats fans then. Yes, I will watch Tom for the rest of his days in the NFL after what he did for the New England region. See Pats fans are just upset because we for once knew better than our beloved coach...Tom was far from done. I understand Bill wanted to move on from Tom for awhile but I am happy the way it turned out. Now I'm not saying I was happy seeing Brady go but he had to. His time in New England was over because he knew Bill wanted him gone and thought he was done with his career (Ha far from it).

What you said above about all of us thinking Mac is the next Brady...you are far from wrong. There will never be another Brady. Like never ever. We just want a QB that can play the game and throw the ball (unlike Cam).

The rest of those people above with the stupid comments or opinions. None of them know a thing about being a real Pats fan. Not one of them.

I bet you all knew Tom was going to win 3 Super Bowls in his first 4 years as well. Hahahahahahaha

You understand the point of WYTS articles are that it's fans of a team able to not take themselves seriously and take their own team to task, right? And that it's not actually any sort of competition to s*** talk any team in particular because they do all 32?

Just want to check, because it seems like that you might not have had that context.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post

Chill dude.

The whole point of WYTS is to laugh at yourself and your fan base. Fans submit all that stuff.

And WBE didn't write it. It is a long standing tradition here in the CBR football thread to laugh at ourselves. And WYTS tends to be so spot on, it hurts.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Chill dude.

The whole point of WYTS is to laugh at yourself and your fan base. Fans submit all that stuff.

And WBE didn't write it. It is a long standing tradition here in the CBR football thread to laugh at ourselves. And WYTS tends to be so spot on, it hurts.
    I laugh when the Cardinals ones pop up every year. (And die inside a little because it's too true.)

I've gotta say that I wasn't all that taken by this one. They forgot to bring the funny for the Pats. Which given the humorless manner in which my team conducts business, I suppose is appropriate. But it makes for less than hilarious writing.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Chill dude.

Sorry guys I was reading and typing that all at the same time I was working in a trauma situation in the ER I work in last night. Read it the wrong way I guess. I took nothing to heart though either way. I love Pats hate from anyone though it fuels my fire lol.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Does anybody else find themselves liking a team they once despised? Way back when The Oakland Raiders was one of the teams I rooted for. I loved the Madden Raiders and I go back to the days of Daryl LaMonica and George Blanda. I did not like The Kansas City Chiefs. Hank Stram could take a running jump as far as I was concerned. But now, I find myself cheering on Mahomes and Reed and not caring so much for Gruden in Las Vegas.
    I guess sometimes a team personel can make you see a team differently.
    Except Dallas and Pittsburgh, they can both bite me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Saints announced they won't offer refunds to ticketholders who refuse to get vaccinated or a negative Covid test. Article Link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I've gotta say that I wasn't all that taken by this one. They forgot to bring the funny for the Pats. Which given the humorless manner in which my team conducts business, I suppose is appropriate. But it makes for less than hilarious writing.

Reminds me of the "Bill Belichick Off-season Simulator", which had the following disclaimer....

"The Bill Belichick Off-season Simulator is not intended to be fun. If you have any while using it please refer it to the software designers as a programming bug."
    Dark does not mean deep.

The entry about the father and the one about depression were genuinely tragic.

Well, damn. Looks like my local squad's up now... it's Why Your Team Sucks... The Arizona Cardinals! Man, was it so exciting to see this team start out 6-3, on Kyler Murray's miraculous play, only to see him get dinged up so he was neutralized, and through bad kicking and terrible coaching decisions from Kliff Kingsbury, end up losing five of their last seven and missing the playoffs. Oh, and they managed to make D.K. Metcalf a legend. Have I mentioned Arizona picked Andy Isabella two picks BEFORE Metcalf in the year they were drafted? ANYWAY, I'll leave it to the rest...

• Drew Magary:"They lost in Week 16 to a DOA Niners team and let C.J. Beathard throw three touchdowns against them in that game, with NO picks. How the f*** you let C.J. Beathard do that to you in the regular season? The only time C.J. Beathard should be putting up those numbers is in the final preseason game, with Steve Spurrier coaching him.

The Cardinals are the oldest franchise in the NFL, which only sounds impressive until you remember that they’re 200 games under .500 in their lifetime. This franchise was conceived in suck and has remained there over the span of 101 long, pointless years. They are the Sacramento Kings. They are the Buffalo Sabres. They are the Texas Rangers. Someone has to be that team in every league, and the Cardinals are very much that team. This has always been God’s plan for them. You may get occasional bright spots like Kurt Warner’s re-rebirth, or Larry Fitzgerald’s career, or Murray playing Big Boy football for two plays every quarter, but that’s all you’ll get. This team is a desert. Lifeless. Lightless. Airless. Also, the cornerbacks are garbage and they’ll never have a good tight end."
    • Ryan:"Another season of Dimestore Gosling calling naked bootlegs while his QB has one leg dangling behind him. #Innovative"
    • Chris:"Our QB cannot see his receivers downfield or between the hashes because he’s the size of my five-year-old."
    • David: "Patrick Peterson and all his pass interference penalties are the Vikings’ problem now, but our fat f*** GM couldn’t be bothered to replace him. Now we have a guy who hasn’t played in two seasons as a starting CB backed up by a bunch of guys taken on Day 3 of this year’s draft. F***ing kill me."
    • John:"One of the best wide receivers this trash fire of a team has ever had got infected by brain worms and now is thinking that he’d rather retire than get vaccinated."
    • Steven: "Bill O’Brien is the best GM in team history."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-19-2021 at 06:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Does anybody else find themselves liking a team they once despised? Way back when The Oakland Raiders was one of the teams I rooted for. I loved the Madden Raiders and I go back to the days of Daryl LaMonica and George Blanda. I did not like The Kansas City Chiefs. Hank Stram could take a running jump as far as I was concerned. But now, I find myself cheering on Mahomes and Reed and not caring so much for Gruden in Las Vegas.
    I guess sometimes a team personel can make you see a team differently.
    Except Dallas and Pittsburgh, they can both bite me.
    I don't find myself rooting for other teams, but for other players. Tom Brady as a Patriots fan, of course, rooted for him to win after we were clearly out. Rooted for Tannehill to succeed after sucking for so long in Miami (also helped he wasn't in division anymore). Liked seeing the Browns get one over the Steelers last year, and rooted for them to take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to beat a Mahomes-less Chiefs, but they were the Browns.

Well, damn. Looks like my local squad's up now... it's Why Your Team Sucks... The Arizona Cardinals! Man, was it so exciting to see this team start out 6-3, on Kyler Murray's miraculous play, only to see him get dinged up so he was neutralized, and through bad kicking and terrible coaching decisions from Kliff Kingsbury, end up losing five of their last seven and missing the playoffs. Oh, and they managed to make D.K. Metcalf a legend. Have I mentioned Arizona picked Andy Isabella two picks BEFORE Metcalf in the year they were drafted? ANYWAY, I'll leave it to the rest...

Dimestore Gosling....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!