Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Make an alternate/rival Justice league made of D list characters (no cosmics)

1. Captain Comet
    2. Powergirl (powerhouse)
    3. Saint Walker(heart of the team)
    4. Vixen( versatile jack of all trades character)
    5. Lobo(Lancer)
    6. Captain Atom
    7. Nightwing (leader)

Spectacular Member

Nightwing isn't a D list character. He's A or B list.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Making an effort not to use B or C listers.
    Let's try:

Tasmanian Devil
    Dr Light
    Metamorpho (don't know if I'd class Rex as a D lister but...)
    Elongated Man
    Black Condor
    Freedom Beast
    Dr Occult
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Vixen isn't a D list character, either. She's been used in various outside media (her own animated webisodes, Justice League Unlimited, video games), not just in the comic books. She even had part of a TV season centered on her on "Legends of Tomorrow" about her totem and the other totems of Zambesi. A version of Vixen (Mari's grandmother) was used on "Legends of Tomorrow" for two seasons. Mari herself was a guest star in an episode of "Arrow," helping Oliver and his team find his son.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-02-2021 at 03:44 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Let me try (no cosmic):

- Vibe (maybe a C-lister)
    - Wonder Twins (maybe a C-lister)
    - Jesse Quick
    - Ambush Bug
    - Creeper
    - Resurrection Man
    - Frankenstein (maybe a C-lister)
    - Aztek
    - Wildcat (maybe a C-lister)
    - Manhunter

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Nightwing isn't a D list character. He's A or B list.
    Yeah, looking at the original post--it almost seems like characters we shouldn't use, as there's a mix of B list and cosmic characters. I consider Captain Comet, Power Girl, Captain Atom and Lobo as "cosmic" in some fashion.

What a fun thread!!

• Echo (redirects kinectic energy)
    • Looker (Vampyr Queen)
    • Onyx (martial arts and various weapons, League of Assassins prior member, stealth)
    • Firebird (young Russian psi talent)
    • Seraph (posseses powers/gear of various Hebrew figures of legend)
    • Olympian (wields powers/gear of various figures of Greek legend)
    • Technocrat (overlooked intellect and inventor, powersuit)
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-02-2021 at 07:31 AM.

This’ll be a Great Lakes Avengers situation in that the regional team isn’t affiliated w. or sanctioned by, the main team. Really it’s just an exercise in putting a bunch of b-list characters i like together.

VIBE - A Detroit native and former gang member who puts together a team of heroes to do good things. Look for his ex gang and brother Reverb to show up and cause trouble. Not to mention The JLA is going to drop in, w. a cease and desist order.

GYPSY - Member of a nomadic dimension hopping tribe stranded on Earth, she met Vibe while a prisoner of ARGUS. The two have been pretty much inseparable since then. Amanda Waller will pop up, as Gypsy’s former captor.

GOLDSTAR - Booster Gold’s power suit wearing younger sister. She’s done her share of time traveling but she’s put that behind her and is looking to try something different. Booster will def. make an appearance, and drag the team into the time stream.

DAMAGE - A new and powerful metahuman, this is Damage’s first time on a team. He’s got a few Govt. types still looking to get their hands on him, which will put him and his new friends in danger, and up against various metas in Govt. employ.

TOUGH BUNNY - Speaking of time, Bunny is a heroine from the swinging seventies. She opted to stay in the present when her teammates in The Inferior Five went back home. Despite her ditzy persona she’s incredibly strong, and enjoys sparring w. Damage. The Mad Mod will become fixated on her, as she’s a living anachronism.

SANDMAN - The ex Golden Boy just left the JSA and wasn’t looking to join another team, but when he saw what Vibe was trying to do, he immediately liked the kid, and decided to lend an experienced hand. A Johnny Sorrow appearance is a must, as he hates Sandman w. a passion.

ROUNDHOUSE - The young superpowered science geek jumps at the chance to join a new team, as he hates not having that support system. He knows himself well enough to admit he’s better when he’s part of a group.

INDIGO - On the team’s first adventure they’ll come across the somehow intact and dormant body of former Outsider, Indigo. Roundhouse will insist on taking her back w. them, and after running various diagnostics, reactivates her, at her default setting of totally not evil. Too bad her being back online has sent a signal out to her “grandfather”, Brainiac 6.

So happy to see the Damage love! I was going to use him too

Does anyone know if the Sovereign 7 members outside of Power Girl are usable?

how do you determine what's a D tier as opposed to a B tier or C tier? because someone like Nightwing or even Vixen are far too known to realistically call them "D tier", more like B or C; Dick is probably considered A tbh.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Does anyone know if the Sovereign 7 members outside of Power Girl are usable?
    Don’t see why not. These are just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yeah, looking at the original post--it almost seems like characters we shouldn't use, as there's a mix of B list and cosmic characters. I consider Captain Comet, Power Girl, Captain Atom and Lobo as "cosmic" in some fashion.
    Yeah nightwing is probably b list. Vixen is C list at most though. (Though she should be more popular). When I say “cosmic” I usually mean characters like High Father or the Spectre. Characters like Captain comet and Powergirl are powerful but very rarely are they depicted as being cosmic level.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    how do you determine what's a D tier as opposed to a B tier or C tier? because someone like Nightwing or even Vixen are far too known to realistically call them "D tier", more like B or C; Dick is probably considered A tbh.
    A.
    Characters that are known the world over. They tend to have whole franchises built around them.
    Superman Batman and sometimes Wonderwoman

B. Characters that consistently maintain their own book for decades. Are well known within comic circles. They might have some fame outside of comics but it isn’t to the same level as the A tier heroes.
    Flash/ Green Lantern/ Aquaman and sometimes Wonderwoman. ( Wonderwoman to me seems to flip flop between A and B to me, depending on how hard DC wants to push her.)

C. List they are in the regular rotation of heroes used in big cross overs and in team books. They seem to struggle when they try and go solo, but comic people know who they are. Outside of comics they are more hit or miss.

D. Very few people outside of comic book people know who they are. They would be considered kind of a “deep cut” if they were to be mentioned or referenced outside of comics.

E. Obscure even by comic people standards.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I generally consider D listers to be characters that haven't made an appearance in other media at least not significantly.