Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Were they supposed to be on Island M in the scan above? I remember reading it back in the '90s, but that was before I had read the old Uncanny issues, so I had never made that connection before.

Anyways, love the gold costume, the helmet could use some tweaking. Hoping to see more of Heather in the future.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know very little of her (I wasn't reading any of the MLF-era stuff at the time) it would be interesting to see just how her powers are used and developed as an X-Man (if she wins).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Camp Verde. X-Force #30(Jan 1994) if you want to hunt it down.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Camp Verde. X-Force #30(Jan 1994) if you want to hunt it down.
    I meant the "ancient island hidden deep within the Bermuda Triangle" from the second scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I meant the "ancient island hidden deep within the Bermuda Triangle" from the second scan.
    Oh, I see now. Yeah, I guess so. I never think of it as "Island M", but yeah, the base Magneto used in #150, where Illyana fell into Limbo from.

Mighty Member

I really wonder whats gonna happen for Tempo next..all this buzz is not going to be for vain.. Also she went from slowing and speeding up time to also being able to age things.. I need a writer to explain how she is the only chronokinetic that can fly.. My theory she manipulates time via gravity. That would definitely set her apart and give her some next tricks and feats.. She also would be great in many mutant circuits.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

My Tempo sketchies from forever ago

FBD37E10-CF55-4331-A8B8-11CA0AEC4F47.jpg

One more..... cuz I love her.
    6E0B0A5B-EE6B-40FE-8DB3-8DF892204EBC.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I really wonder whats gonna happen for Tempo next..all this buzz is not going to be for vain.. Also she went from slowing and speeding up time to also being able to age things.. I need a writer to explain how she is the only chronokinetic that can fly.. My theory she manipulates time via gravity. That would definitely set her apart and give her some next tricks and feats.. She also would be great in many mutant circuits.
    My theory is that, like Dragoness*, she got flight tech from Stryfe when he recruited her, and that's one of the reasons for the gold armor. (That and 'armor' because she's neither bulletproof nor an idiot!)

Regarding her mutation, she's generally been shown slowing down enemies, more than hastening allies, so I like the notion that she 'steals time' by slowing others, and then having a reserve of 'stolen time' she can use to haste allies (or herself). It would be a neat sort of twist to the more generic 'time manipulation' used by Lacuna, Tempus, Kiden Nixon or Timeslip and more unique, like the time-based abilities of Timeshadow or the Munroe twins (or their dad, Flashback).

*(Originally, Dragoness shot electricity from her hands, and her wings were described as a high-tech 'winged battlesuit', but more recently, she seems to have been depicted as having organic wings. I have no idea if that is an actual change / secondary mutation or an artist's mistake.)

Get her a new costume! At least get rid of or totally change the design of that corny helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Get her a new costume! At least get rid of or totally change the design of that corny helmet.
    Very true! I loved her Age of X design!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I can't handle you anti-helmers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    My theory is that, like Dragoness*, she got flight tech from Stryfe when he recruited her, and that's one of the reasons for the gold armor. (That and 'armor' because she's neither bulletproof nor an idiot!)

Regarding her mutation, she's generally been shown slowing down enemies, more than hastening allies, so I like the notion that she 'steals time' by slowing others, and then having a reserve of 'stolen time' she can use to haste allies (or herself). It would be a neat sort of twist to the more generic 'time manipulation' used by Lacuna, Tempus, Kiden Nixon or Timeslip and more unique, like the time-based abilities of Timeshadow or the Munroe twins (or their dad, Flashback).

*(Originally, Dragoness shot electricity from her hands, and her wings were described as a high-tech 'winged battlesuit', but more recently, she seems to have been depicted as having organic wings. I have no idea if that is an actual change / secondary mutation or an artist's mistake.)
    Borrowing or shifting time is interesting. I know I tend to like scientific explanations when we can have them and after reading up on gravity dilating time that theory of mine made a lot of sense to me. I was like hmm this could be why she flies and other chronoknetics dont and it makes her stand out .. like I would hope that Hickman and the writers make each chronokinetic distinctive in some way.. like different ways or entry points of time manipulation kind of like we have with reality manipulation.. Tempus- has time bubbles, Sway- time slowing and event recall definitely feels more psionic almost like Timeslips, not as familiar with Kiden or Lacuna.