Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Tempo and Bedlam need to get together. I’m stoked that Marcel is paying reparations by bringing back POC characters that were killed off unceremoniously and making them active members of this era. That’s a goooooood look, babes.

Old sketches of the Agent of TimeEF4CA6C3-9E95-4882-8815-4C319B1B2500.jpg

Best Friends LIBERATE You! Locus, Tempo, and ForeArmA28DFD6E-C547-4AC9-BF2F-6176D43B4545.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Tempo needs to reunite with her MLF sisters Dragoness and Thumbelina.
    Yes! We always see those schmucks Wildside and Reaper and Forearm when the MLF has a (poor) showing, never the good ones!

I always felt like Tempo and Dragoness were the breakouts, although I did like Thumbelina's attitude. She didn't take any crap, and even sassed back to Stryfe, IIRC!

I would love to see a retelling of the MLF from Tempo’s POV, or just a really dope MLF book that shows how these kids had the best intentions and got majorly messed up because of Stryker and their own inability to take on corrupt elements that were predatory and in group to begin with.
    It’d be like a compendium to X-Force but watching a car crash in slo mo.

I'm so glad to see Tempo acknowledged in the modern X era. I was so mad when they killed her off for no apparent reason. This probably isn't the place for this, but they also need to bring back Astrid Bloom or give me at least one black telepath.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I would love to see a retelling of the MLF from Tempo’s POV, or just a really dope MLF book that shows how these kids had the best intentions and got majorly messed up because of Stryker and their own inability to take on corrupt elements that were predatory and in group to begin with.
    In my imagining, Stryfe recruited the MLF the exact same way that Stryker recruited the 'Friends of Humanity' schmucks, he appeared with future knowledge of terrible stuff about to happen to them (killed / ostracized by family, lynched by a mob, rejected by a spouse / loved one, etc.) because of their outing as a mutant, and then offered them a new life and a chance to make it not happen to anyone else by forcing society to accept mutants. They were the same as those humans whom Stryker saved with future knowledge, absurdly grateful, and maybe pushed a little by his potent telepathy (and tempted by his amazing tech, since he gave some of them neat stuff, like Dragoness' winged battlesuit)...

Tempo, for instance, I imagine didn't make that gold armor she wears, and it *might* even be the source of her flight, as her mutant power appears to primarily be time manipulation.

Tempo’s ability to fly is kinda terrifying because she basically like jumps, actually lunges forward and then speeds up a liminal area of actual velocity around her. Wtf. That’s crazy. I would never want to fly that way. I guess that explains the clunky helmet.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 08-07-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Tempo’s ability to fly is kinda terrifying because she basically like jumps, actually lunges forward and then speeds up a liminal area of actual velocity around her. Wtf. That’s crazy. I would never want to fly that way. I guess that explains the clunky helmet.
    Yeah, how her flight works, whether as an aspect of her time-manipulation (yo, my 'illusion of hang-time is real, y'all!), a completely separate 'secondary mutation' or a function of the armor Stryfe gave her with his future tech, remains a mystery.

And subject to change, apparently. Dragoness's winged armor was explicitly tech, and her mutant power was to throw electrical zaps, and then she was recently drawn on Krakoa with biological reptilian-looking wings. (Then again, Dragoness has also been Asian and not, depending on the artist, so who knows...)

Duggan voted for Tempo to be on the new team. She would've been great.

Side note: How’s the Tempo Cadre feeling about our girl’s glow up??! It feels like they’re positioning her for big fat prominence in increments. I for one, was BEAMING while reading the info page regarding the Treehouse, in X-men#1! So much Tempo love. It’s like this era is so heavy into reparations and I mean that even as a statement on my own youthful adoration of obscure characters eclipsed, killed off, or relegated to panel fodder, who are now have a seat at mutantkind’s table. Like before I knew what a Dazzler was, I was a kid making Tempo paper dolls when I was a kid- so yes, for obscurity’s like me it feels gooooood to see canonical Captain America address, by name, the Hellfire Gala ceremonial Flower Diplomat, Tempo. It feels good to see her take Storm’s place on the Marauder’s team. It felt great to see her name right there, along with a higher vote than Cannonball, for the new Motherland Team of X-men.

That’s what makes me inspired by what you can do for fandom when you respect continuity. That’s what I mean when I say ‘reparations’. This is why I hope that with the creation of characters diametrically positioned against this new age like status quo hungry, Dr. Stasis, we never go back. I really hope that before the luster of this era fades we see Tempo step into her glory as a character- one that is even possibly similar to that of Storm from her early Claremont days, cuz Cable was right- she’s been straddling the line for too long not to become great.

Ugh I always wondered why the MLF were supposed to be considered bad guys when really it was another example of Xavier being too wrapped up in his own drama to get to these kids before Stryfe
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ugh I always wondered why the MLF were supposed to be considered bad guys when really it was another example of Xavier being too wrapped up in his own drama to get to these kids before Stryfe
    Because Stryfe was a villian. The MLF were terrorists and did horrible things under his leadership. And I wouldnt put any blame on Xavier. He had been written out of the books for years by the time the MLF was created, being off in space recovering from injuries. The X-men cant recruit and train every single young mutant.