Default Project Superpowers and Red Sonja and Vampirella minis

Anyone else reading these? That are surprisingly SO MUCH FUN. This may be the best interpretation of Project Superpowers I've read since Chapter Two.

Abnett is killing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Anyone else reading these? That are surprisingly SO MUCH FUN. This may be the best interpretation of Project Superpowers I've read since Chapter Two.

Abnett is killing it!
    I didn't realize there was another Project Superpowers mini-series out.

Last one I bought/read was the one from 2018 written by Rob Williams. That one was so bland / generic I gave up on Dynamite's future efforts for the franchise.

Extraordinary Member

I have read both of these first issues so far. Red Sonja and Vampirella are characters I have started to read recently while the other cast are essentially brand new to me. The series both revolve around the two titular characters which makes it easy to pick up. Getting to know the rest of the characters is helped by each of them definitely being written to stand out from each other.

As for the concept I am going into this completely blind but both stories have been interesting and very different so I am excited to see where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I didn't realize there was another Project Superpowers mini-series out.

Last one I bought/read was the one from 2018 written by Rob Williams. That one was so bland / generic I gave up on Dynamite's future efforts for the franchise.
    I understand the disdain given how uninspired the more recent PSP minis have been. But this is two different mini-series united by a common theme (that I won't spoil for you), with one focusing on Vampirella and the other Red Sonja. When I first heard about them I thought they would be dumb - but man I was worng. These are both really enjoyable. I really recommend taking a look. It's a premise that could be used for good effect if they keep having someone like Abnett guide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I understand the disdain given how uninspired the more recent PSP minis have been. But this is two different mini-series united by a common theme (that I won't spoil for you), with one focusing on Vampirella and the other Red Sonja. When I first heard about them I thought they would be dumb - but man I was worng. These are both really enjoyable. I really recommend taking a look. It's a premise that could be used for good effect if they keep having someone like Abnett guide it.
    So, there isn't a new Project Superpowers series?

If they are really a Vampirella mini-series and a Red Sonja mini-series, I don't know if they'd be worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, there isn't a new Project Superpowers series?

If they are really a Vampirella mini-series and a Red Sonja mini-series, I don't know if they'd be worth it for me.
    No, no, two separate minis where they’re co-starring ... like Batman & the Shadow, or the Shadow & the Green Hornet. The PSP team is the same in each mini, but the reason for the team ups is ... I’m not gonna spoil it. I’ve never read either Vampirella or Red Sonja before, but checked this out because PSP. I’m glad I did. The premise for their all meeting is cool, and Dynamite would be wise to use it in the future. This is the best use of PSP since Chapter Two, waaay back ago.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 01-28-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

What's the Red Sonja series called?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What's the Red Sonja series called?
    Red Sonja: The Super Powers.

Issue 2 just came out and I am LOVING this series.

So both issue #3's are out, and while they're both really entertaining, I have to say the one with Vampirella may be the best single issue of a series I've read in a while. Very, very meta - but very well done. I absolutely loved it.

If Dynamite doesn't continue to use this premise for Project Superpowers, they're dumb (which is an impolite way of requesting more of this DE).