Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I just read all of Young Avengers the other day and never realized Tommy was bi or gay. I thought David had a thing for Teddy and then almost hooked up with Loki? When did David/Tommy happen?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I just read all of Young Avengers the other day and never realized Tommy was bi or gay. I thought David had a thing for Teddy and then almost hooked up with Loki? When did David/Tommy happen?
    It's really a fan pairing based on their one issue together and the accidental kiss during the last issue of the run that got really popular on the internet and then writers decided to bring it to the canon. Same thing happened with the America/Kate "friendship" that suddenly was a thing post Vol 2 when they barely interacted on that run. Fandom's power I guess

Mighty Member

So David doesn’t know when he died? Is that going to be the next mystery?

And you know Eyeboy is perving out watching these two make out.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So David doesn’t know when he died? Is that going to be the next mystery?

And you know Eyeboy is perving out watching these two make out.
    Yes I don't think he knows how he died, and that will be part of the next story on how he died and got his powers back (since he didn't go through the Crucible).

omg dreams do come true. <3 I was hoping Tommy would drop by the island one day and m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ see David.

But seriously, this is actually pretty interesting. I hope the team react to Tommy apparently being able to come onto the island and we get the question answered on his mutantdom.

Also hmm, David does not seem to be able to remember his own death. That definitely screams foul-play, considering his powerset.

Excited for next week! Leah's quickly becoming one of my favorite writers at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Their relationship was officially confirmed last year in Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling

Leah had this to say about Tommy!

https://mobile.twitter.com/mymonster...85206919032833

So hey at least this situation will get addressed!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-31-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cool to see Speed make a guest appearance. Hope this issue we will hear if he is still considered a mutant, or not.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

As far as I remember, there has never been an explicit mention of Tommy and Billy being mutants. The only thing there is Emma using her telepathy in Children's Crusade to convince them to join the X-Men by calling them mutants but considering that she also thought that Wanda was a mutant, she could just be guessing.

During Al Ewing's New Avengers, there was never mention of Wiccan having to fear the terrigen cloud, which was the case with Cannonball and Sunspot.

My assumption is that Tommy has just gone up the coast using his superspeed because he probably has permission even though he is not a mutant, just like Northstar's husband. (Or he would have permission if he bothered to ask and sneaked in.)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    As far as I remember, there has never been an explicit mention of Tommy and Billy being mutants. The only thing there is Emma using her telepathy in Children's Crusade to convince them to join the X-Men by calling them mutants but considering that she also thought that Wanda was a mutant, she could just be guessing.

During Al Ewing's New Avengers, there was never mention of Wiccan having to fear the terrigen cloud, which was the case with Cannonball and Sunspot.

My assumption is that Tommy has just gone up the coast using his superspeed because he probably has permission even though he is not a mutant, just like Northstar's husband. (Or he would have permission if he bothered to ask and sneaked in.)
    It was also stated in the Secret Invasion YA mini by Tommy himself actually so who knows, Leah seems like she's gonna address it once and for all in her tweet so I guess we all should just stay tuned.

Incredible Member

So, how exactly did David answer? If Tommy was calling a hundred times a minute, he'd also be *hanging up* a hundred times a minute, because the phone network isn't working at super-speed. So the chances of David actually answering during a call would be virtually nil. (Jokes only work if they're funny)

Also, wasn't there a thing about "conventional" technology being regularly EMP'd on Krakoa to kill it after Xavier's death in X-Force? How does he not only have a working phone, but *reception*?

Oh cool, so that is something we'll see addressed. I'm glad Leah is willing to actually tackle answering questions on long-held plot threads. Too many writers just ignore them or focus on their own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It was also stated in the Secret Invasion YA mini by Tommy himself actually so who knows, Leah seems like she's gonna address it once and for all in her tweet so I guess we all should just stay tuned.
    Tommy could also assume that he was a mutant. Like "Uh, I have powers for no apparent reason, I guess I'm a mutant."

But hey, we'll probably get out of doubt in a week, you're right, there's no point arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    So, how exactly did David answer? If Tommy was calling a hundred times a minute, he'd also be *hanging up* a hundred times a minute, because the phone network isn't working at super-speed. So the chances of David actually answering during a call would be virtually nil. (Jokes only work if they're funny)

Also, wasn't there a thing about "conventional" technology being regularly EMP'd on Krakoa to kill it after Xavier's death in X-Force? How does he not only have a working phone, but *reception*?
    EMPs were only used while Xavier was dead because they were on high alert. It is not something they do all the time, it is a measure for emergencies.

You guys are seriously confusing me why in the world does Wanda being or not being a mutant or not having anything to do with Tommy or Wiccan being mutants?

You guys do understand that 2 humans can make a mutant right?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You guys are seriously confusing me why in the world does Wanda being or not being a mutant or not having anything to do with Tommy or Wiccan being mutants?

You guys do understand that 2 humans can make a mutant right?
    Yeah, but Wanda can also empower her magical children without the need for an X-Gene. They may or may not be mutants independently of Wanda, but the fact that Wanda is not a mutant makes it less likely as they are weird magical reincarnations of her children.