Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    there was a point in time GL was everywhere
    4 monthly books and minis
    animated series
    a hollywood movie

that was the only time the characters warranted a forum and even then the discussion on the forum was limited

Even now the traffic on CBR forum has kinda decreased all over. I think a lot of people have kinda migrated to other places
    Forums are a pretty antiquated method of internet communication now that more people congregate on Discord servers and the like. Not to mention this forum doesn't cater to the shittier side of comic fandom, so that cuts out half the people who read this stuff. So you have half of a small subset of people in an older method of communication. Of course it's going to slow with time.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But those Forums are very different from the "Independents" forum. They may serve a small group of people, but they'd be lost if they were forced into all the other Independent discussions.
    Man I was looking and the Hellboy forum is flat out dead. Nothing goes on there anymore. I dare say if you were to close it and instead just establish a Hellboy general discussion thread on the Independents forum it wouldn’t be a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Migrated where?
    Discord, Reddit, maybe the DC Universe and Marvel Unlimited forums (if Marvel has one, I know DC does). Lot of places for people to talk nowadays. I like this forum though, it’s more hardcore, people here have read comics for a long time and likes characters beyond the A-Listers. Elsewhere all people care about is the movies, their favorite character is Batman or Spider-Man, and they’ve rarely read stuff outside the usual “Top 10” lists.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-31-2021 at 12:27 AM.

If Anime/Manga can't keep a forum here , Green Lantern can't keep a forum here. This isn't a insult to Green Lantern the truth of the matter is Wonder Woman and Superman fans are more obsessive over their characters. Superman forum will have stuff like what body type is the best for superman or trunks/no trunks AND those threads have pages of discussions. Green Lantern does not have that type of fan base here . Love or hate it they are stuff here that can't sustain forums that can do it elsewhere for what every reason.

But since I am here, I will second the sentiment there was a point in time under Geoff Johns that Green Lantern clear passed Wonder Woman imo and was basically part of the trinity. And that momentum got derailed by Green Lantern movie flopping off the face of the earth and then comic momentum cooling down. Also the biggest mistake DC makes with "Green Lantern" is not understanding that is the X-men now and not "Superman". Green Lantern is a team franchise, Hal Jordan is "Wolverine" of the franchise but the main book of the franchise should be "Green Lantern Corps/Green Lanterns"

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Forums are a pretty antiquated method of internet communication now that more people congregate on Discord servers and the like. Not to mention this forum doesn't cater to the shittier side of comic fandom, so that cuts out half the people who read this stuff. So you have half of a small subset of people in an older method of communication. Of course it's going to slow with time.
    Yeah nobody is migrating elsewhere, we're just using an old school method of communication. This is a great place because that toxicity of superhero comicdom doesn't typically find their way here. Occasionally, but not often.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-31-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If Anime/Manga can't keep a forum here , Green Lantern can't keep a forum here. This isn't a insult to Green Lantern the truth of the matter is Wonder Woman and Superman fans are more obsessive over their characters. Superman forum will have stuff like what body type is the best for superman or trunks/no trunks AND those threads have pages of discussions. Green Lantern does not have that type of fan base here . Love or hate it they are stuff here that can't sustain forums that can do it elsewhere for what every reason.

But since I am here, I will second the sentiment there was a point in time under Geoff Johns that Green Lantern clear passed Wonder Woman imo and was basically part of the trinity. And that momentum got derailed by Green Lantern movie flopping off the face of the earth and then comic momentum cooling down. Also the biggest mistake DC makes with "Green Lantern" is not understanding that is the X-men now and not "Superman". Green Lantern is a team franchise, Hal Jordan is "Wolverine" of the franchise but the main book of the franchise should be "Green Lantern Corps/Green Lanterns"
    I don't think Hal was quite as overexposed as Wolverine was though. Hal would make occasional guest appearances and headline a couple of events, but he was mostly kept to his corner of the DCU. I don't know what Marvel was trying to do with Logan back then but that was really something else. I remember how glad I was when he made some inappropriate comment to MJ and Peter threw him out of the window of the Avengers Tower. lol I was that tired of him and I always liked that character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-31-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Also the biggest mistake DC makes with "Green Lantern" is not understanding that is the X-men now and not "Superman". Green Lantern is a team franchise, Hal Jordan is "Wolverine" of the franchise but the main book of the franchise should be "Green Lantern Corps/Green Lanterns"
    Lets hope that upcoming GLC show will push DC towards that direction

BANNED

Well YMMV on that depending on which board you're on.

I don't think Green Lantern is a team franchise when so often we've had a solo Green Lantern book with a distinct main character. Usually the GLC book has been more X-Men with focusing on multiple Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Well YMMV on that depending on which board you're on.
    I mostly stick to the DC related boards but the Gators are persona non grata here. Good riddance.

I do miss when this forum was more active but it's also significantly less toxic which is a major pro. Since the forum got rebooted, rules were severely tightened so I believe it's much easier to get banned permanently now. I think we've lost a number of decent posters from just regular heated debates because of that rule but it also helps keep the forum clear of the ComicsGate crowd so it's a tough decision.

Also think a lot of newer comic readers might be on twitter, discord, and places like that. I still love the hardcore discussion that takes place on CBR though
    Last edited by The Kid; 01-31-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I do miss when the board was more active but it's also significantly less toxic which is a major pro. Since the forum got rebooted, rules were severely tightened so I believe it's much easier to get banned permanently now. I think we've lost a number of decent posters from just regular heated debates because of that rule but it also helps keep the forum clear of the ComicsGate crowd so it's a tough decision.

Also think a lot of newer comic readers might be on twitter, discord, and places like that. I still love the hardcore discussion that takes place on CBR though
    Pretty much this. A lot of other places feature discussion with less depth or it's just hot takes that you're not allowed to question. CBR is where I go for actual discussion because people here tend to actually get into their arguments and make great cases for their beliefs. Not all the time, mind, but it's fun engaging other people's passion in more than a handful of sentences.

CBR's meme game is WEAK, though.

BANNED

I mostly stick to the DC related boards but the Gators are persona non grata here. Good riddance.
    So I'll take that to mean you've never been on the X-Men forums when someone mentions the Avengers or Scarlet Witch

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If GL fans can go one week without being dicks to one another on this forum then we can consider bringing back the GL board.

...I'll wait...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    So I'll take that to mean you've never been on the X-Men forums when someone mentions the Avengers or Scarlet Witch
    Or Inhumans or Black Panther.

If GL fans can go one week without being dicks to one another on this forum then we can consider bringing back the GL board.

...I'll wait...
    More of if folks can get over their dislike of John Stewart's existence.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    More of if folks can get over their dislike of John Stewart's existence.
    No one dislikes the fact that he "exists". Your perception is not everyone else's reality...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES