Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

If this is real and not another tease, I'm curious about Cyclone's redesign (I kinda dig the short cape, but would love to see the rest of the costume).

I'm under the impression that the two teams on the background of Hitch's splashpage are meant to symbolize that the new incarnation is taking into account the Pre-FP JSA and the Earth-2 originals. The team on the right is probably meant to be from Earth-2 judging by the inclusion of PG and Helena Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    One can only hope DC repeats the lesson they learned with Power Girl's costume at the beginning of the nu52 and go back to earlier versions for Hourman and Mr. Terrific.
    While those are the two my instincts are telling me to revert, I'm still going to go against them and say I could give them a chance if they just gave Hourman a cape and Mr T his jacket. That'd make a world of difference to me, and might just make the new costumes decent.

Might.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They've no interest in marketing Infinity Inc. I mean, wouldn't it have made sense for the late 2000s JLA All-Stars team to be called that, and the team from Stargirl's TV show which uses the Wildcat and Doctor Mid-Nite first introduced in the Infinity Inc comics? Courtney is the legacy of the Star Spangled Kid, who founded Infinity Inc.
    There is an interesting inversion happening with comic companies whereby multimedia has become more popular than comic books, the complete opposite of when I was a kid, so I was not aware of Stargirl's tv show, or the characters in it & how that may affect continuity.

It may be the case now that multimedia starts dictating the characters in comics as opposed to the other way around, as one grows in strength and another declines in revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    One of the original goals of the Infinity, Inc. team was to gain acceptance from their older generation, the JSA. Over the past few decades, the younger heroes did much of that At this point, they are accepted as members in the JSA. I'm not sure a new Infinity, Inc. book accomplishes much except maintaining a copyright.
    I hear you on Infinity Inc, the DCU isn't a static one, so I don't expect to be seeing the majority of JSA heroes from pre crisis, early post crisis years. That being said....

Too much of a departure from the modern JSA runs, in terms of character changes and omissions could dampen excitement for sales.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Looks like i'm the only one around here who is really bummed by the absence of Rex/Hourman!
    And i'll be equally upset if it is revealed that it isn't Kent Nelson under the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Looks like i'm the only one around here who is really bummed by the absence of Rex/Hourman!
    And i'll be equally upset if it is revealed that it isn't Kent Nelson under the helmet.
    You see, you make my case in point. People get bummed out and feel alienated when there favourite heroes are left off a team. Hard challenge for DC.

Well, it's the costume of A Kent Nelson......

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    There is an interesting inversion happening with comic companies whereby multimedia has become more popular than comic books, the complete opposite of when I was a kid, so I was not aware of Stargirl's tv show, or the characters in it & how that may affect continuity.

It may be the case now that multimedia starts dictating the characters in comics as opposed to the other way around, as one grows in strength and another declines in revenue.
    Quick primer, the Stargirl TV show is a loose adaptation of a 90s comic called Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. with some Infinity Inc and JSA mixed in. After becoming Stargirl (unlike in the comics she has the staff immediately, skipping over being Star Spangled Kid), Courtney learns of the JSA, who are mostly dead. She grabs their equipment from their old HQ and starts looking for replacement heroes. Three kids from her school get chosen and become Wildcat, Doctor Mid-Nite and Hourman. They become the new JSA along with S.T.R.I.P.E. Season 2 will add Jakeem Thunder and Jade. Apart from S.T.R.I.P.E., they're all in the comics' new JSA roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    You see, you make my case in point. People get bummed out and feel alienated when there favourite heroes are left off a team. Hard challenge for DC.
    Of course, it's hard for DC to please everyone but it's also hard for the fans to pretend enjoying something they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Well, it's the costume of A Kent Nelson......
    Yes but i want THE Kent Nelson.

Yes but i want THE Kent Nelson.
    Obviously I can't say for certain, but I'd reckon you're out of luck there. It'd be odd for him to wear the costume of A Dr Fate 2 costume changes down the line (excluding Jarred, of course). It's weird that it's using an old costume at all, unless it is going to be THAT Fate. Why go backwards? DC don't often do that now (I know they have with Kyle Rayner, for example, but that doesn't seem to be the M.O for the JSA).
    Last edited by Cat; 05-26-2021 at 04:08 PM.

I've given up expecting any kind of consistency with Dr. Fate at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, how about "consistently inconsistent"?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would make him a pretty poor defender of the forces of order, wouldn't it?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Bryan Hitch did some of the best work of his generation on The Authority and The Ultimates, but man he is a shadow of his former self and skill level. I really wish they would have gone with a different artist.
    You and me both.