Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

They announced more casting for the Sandman television show, including Lyta Hall. Guess we can count out both Halls for the future still, meaning as we already pretty much knew anyway, it ain't Hector under the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That would make him a pretty poor defender of the forces of order, wouldn't it?
    Well, it seems like he's either fighting Nabu or just being ineffectual, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it seems like he's either fighting Nabu or just being ineffectual, so...
    It got ridiculous for a while. First Green Lantern would get taken out before the fight even began, by some stupid method, then Fate quickly followed, finding out he had no powers because of reason X. It got so tropey during one particular run, Willingham's I think?

Downside to being so powerful. You can rarely ever use those powers except as a handy teleportation device for the team.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    It got ridiculous for a while. First Green Lantern would get taken out before the fight even began, by some stupid method, then Fate quickly followed, finding out he had no powers because of reason X. It got so tropey during one particular run, Willingham's I think?

Downside to being so powerful. You can rarely ever use those powers except as a handy teleportation device for the team.
    I sometimes they GL and Fate should be in a support group with the Legion's Mon-el. Constantly getting neutralized so the rest of the crowd has something to do other than mop up the bad guy bits.

"We'll meet again
    Don't know where
    Don't know when
    But I know we'll meet again some sunny day . . .
    "

Incredible Member

They announced more casting for the Sandman television show, including Lyta Hall. Guess we can count out both Halls for the future still, meaning as we already pretty much knew anyway, it ain't Hector under the helmet.
    I find it stupid Gaiman supposedly has so much pull with the two characters that he can embargo them for no reason, and the tv show should most certainly have no bearing on the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I find it stupid Gaiman supposedly has so much pull with the two characters that he can embargo them for no reason, and the tv show should most certainly have no bearing on the comics.
    Was it Gaiman or Karen Berger who had "so much pull" back then?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think that it was Karen Berger. Someone in this thread or in another one of this board explained the situation about Lyta Hall and why she wasn't used that much after her appearance in Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It was Karen Berger. I just doubt anyone will undo that decision at this time.

Incredible Member

It was Karen Berger. I just doubt anyone will undo that decision at this time.
    It really doesn't make anysense for them to be off limits. DC had no problem with them in JSA in the early 2000's. They aren't being used in any of the current Sandman Universe stuff. All the other Vertigo stuff has been reincorporated in the DC universe. Gaiman didn't create them so he shouldn't have so much say over them. And the universe has been rebooted a couple of times now.

It really doesn't make anysense for them to be off limits. DC had no problem with them in JSA in the early 2000's. They aren't being used in any of the current Sandman Universe stuff. All the other Vertigo stuff has been reincorporated in the DC universe. Gaiman didn't create them so he shouldn't have so much say over them. And the universe has been rebooted a couple of times now.
    It seemed like a good idea at the time with the daughter of the original Wonder Woman (written out of use) and the son of the original Hawkman (what's his story today?) have a child, characters that have faded from stories give birth to the member of the endless concerned with dreams and stories. But what happens when the stories want them back and will they want their child with them? Sure, Lyta's mother was no longer Wonder Woman, but come on, the Dream Lord needs an A-1 bloodline.

My guess is that Hector and Lyta's child will be lost to the chages of history. Or a split could have happened with one of the plethora of revamps and Hector and Lyta have a child and Daniel is the Sandman. Nothing needs to be complex here.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Bryan Hitch did some of the best work of his generation on The Authority and The Ultimates, but man he is a shadow of his former self and skill level. I really wish they would have gone with a different artist.
    JSA 36.jpgWould have rather had Nicola Scott then Hitch but i guess i'll suffer through it if it ever happens.

Astonishing Member

It really doesn't make anysense for them to be off limits. DC had no problem with them in JSA in the early 2000's.

No, but Karen Berger did have a problem -- which is why they were removed from the book before their story had a chance to take off. Sandman was originally set in the DCU -- and many characters crossed over. When Sandman ended, Vertigo/Berger should have just let Lyta be used in the DCU -- as it had little to no bearing on Vertigo (aside from Hector and Lyta being the biological parents of the new Sandman/Daniel).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Super happy to get the JSA back! But Mr. Terrific’s new costume is terrible. I hate change for the sake of change.
    Mr. T, Hourman and Green Lantern all need some fashion advice!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Mr. T, Hourman and Green Lantern all need some fashion advice!
    I've already commented on the first two a few times, so I won't bore anyone by repeating myself on those, but I actually kinda like GL's new look. Of course I need to see it in more than just a single panel to really decide, but from said single panel I think it's a pretty stylish look for him.