Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    this...triggers me ngl
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Or maybe a return of the

Without Rex Tyler, Kent Nelson, Helena Wayne and Hank King Jr the family is incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I said heroines referring to women.
    Tsunami, Deep Blue, Windshear/Bulletgirl II, Zatanna, Red Bee, Firebrand

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Without Rex Tyler, Kent Nelson, Helena Wayne and Hank King Jr the family is incomplete.
    whose to say that isn't Kent? In my mind that is the Johns' version of Alan and Roy Thomas' version of Kent.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    whose to say that isn't Kent? In my mind that is the Johns' version of Alan and Roy Thomas' version of Kent.
    I hope its him but we don't know who is under the helmet.

That's an error in any case, as the current Doctor Fate debuted in New 52 and thus has NEVER been in the JSA (he's linked to Justice League Dark instead). Since there can't be two Doctor Fates at once (there's only one helmet), as long as Khalid is around, neither Kent Nelson nor Hector Hall can possibly be Doctor Fate.

I just read a magazine that described Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix as being 1930s superheroes teaching a new generation. JSA rip-off, sounds like?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-29-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's an error in any case, as the current Doctor Fate debuted in New 52 and thus has NEVER been in the JSA (he's linked to Justice League Dark instead). Since there can't be two Doctor Fates at once (there's only one helmet), as long as Khalid is around, neither Kent Nelson nor Hector Hall can possibly be Doctor Fate.

I just read a magazine that described Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix as being 1930s superheroes teaching a new generation. JSA rip-off, sounds like?
    Kent Nelson was retconned back in during Rebirth as being Khalid's mentor making Kent the Golden Age Doctor Fate, with Khalid being the current one. As for Doomsday Clock appearance, It's probably Kent borrowing the Helmet for the reunion. I'd hardly call it an error. Now JLD's usage of the characters does raise the question if either one will part of the JSA relaunch.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kent_Nelson_(Prime_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    So changing of subject, if you could have heroines that haven't been members of the JSA yet and have some kind of legacy connection, who would you pick?
    No more legacy members for me just yet . . . Geoff Johns already went way too far overboard with that concept in the post-Infinite Crisis run.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Helena Wayne only works if you go back to placing that team on an Earth-2 (other than the New 52's version).

And much as I would prefer the JSA on a separate Earth, DC doesn't seem likely to go back to that idea.

No more legacy members for me just yet . . . Geoff Johns already went way too far overboard with that concept in the post-Infinite Crisis run.

Helena Wayne only works if you go back to placing that team on an Earth-2 (other than the New 52's version).

And much as I would prefer the JSA on a separate Earth, DC doesn't seem likely to go back to that idea.
    Awww but I miss Stargirl!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Speaking of Courtney, she's back on TV on August 10th.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How does Power Girl fit in then? If Helena Wayne doesn't work because she's from another earth, Power Girl has the same situation.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Kent Nelson was retconned back in during Rebirth as being Khalid's mentor making Kent the Golden Age Doctor Fate, with Khalid being the current one. As for Doomsday Clock appearance, It's probably Kent borrowing the Helmet for the reunion. I'd hardly call it an error. Now JLD's usage of the characters does raise the question if either one will part of the JSA relaunch.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kent_Nelson_(Prime_Earth)
    Fate's a mess. An older Kent along with a younger Khalid is what I'd rather see. But the single helmet looks to be one of the constants regarding fate and only one can wear it (at a time, anyway). It's possible Khalid will go the way of Chuck Cunningham and just disappear.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    How does Power Girl fit in then? If Helena Wayne doesn't work because she's from another earth, Power Girl has the same situation.
    Same way she did post-Infinite Crisis I presume. She's a multiversal/metaversal anomaly by virtue of surviving the original Crisis on Infinite Earths and the universe being unable to process her existence. She's come to exist outside the normal cycles of reboots. This is why Manhattan probably locked her away in that interdimensional space as had been seen prior to Doomsday Clock.

In more simple terms, she's an alternate universe version of Supergirl from a universe that no longer exists. (While there are recreations of Pre-Crisis Earth 2 out there in the multiverse, they're not the same as the one she came from and they each have their own Power girls.)
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 04-29-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Fate's a mess. An older Kent along with a younger Khalid is what I'd rather see. But the single helmet looks to be one of the constants regarding fate and only one can wear it (at a time, anyway). It's possible Khalid will go the way of Chuck Cunningham and just disappear.
    I thought back during Khalid’s DCyou run that Kent could basically make his own helmet...of course that might have changed with JLD. All I remember is that during the end of the recent ongoing the helmet could sub in Kent for Khalid if Khalid starts to be taken out of the fight.

But I would like to see Khalid on the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Power Girl has been around on the main DC Earth since after Crisis on Infinite Earths (though no longer from Krypton in that revision), and her Kryptonian heritage was restored during Infinite Crisis.

Huntress (Helena Wayne) has the problem of being the adult daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, so she can't possibly exist yet unless she's from another Earth or a time traveler. That's why Helena Bertinelli was created post-Crisis on Infinite Earths since she could be a Huntress with no biological ties to Batman and Catwoman.