Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    I respecfuly disagree, I'm also talking about a modern JSA and i'm not at all ok with that.
    We're talking about one of the earliest superheroes, with tons of potential, who has never been given a serious chance to shine.
    Besides one of his personality traits is his addiction to the "life", relegating him to a happily retired/advisor is simply insulting, he should be an active member kick ass, save the world with the JSA and JLA, his supporting cast (Thorndyke, Jimmy Martin, Wendi Harris, Dr Iker, Rebecca Tyler) . . .
    Well, maybe not Thorndyke.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Hopefully we do get Tommy back though, and his absence from the Doomsday Clock group doesn't mean he's gone forever.
    Honestly, he's one of those I wouldn't mind losing from the team. He...was just there. They never did anything, and the JSA already has a kitty far more formidable than him, (Theodore). He was kind of personality free, much like characters like Amazing Man, (who IMO something could be done with given a mini and the right team on it), that guy with the whip who was so generic and unremarkable I can't even recall his name, or reaching back to the JLA, Bloodwynd, (who I see as a very doable project who could be another good member of the JSA if given his own mini and a niche apart from the Dr. Fates of the world and developed).

That's not saying Tommy can't be good, just that he currently offers the JSA reader little to like IMO. The JSA has too many members to use them all, and someone should be cut. Tommy's just one of those on my list for now.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    . . . that guy with the whip who was so generic and unremarkable I can't even recall his name . . .
    Mr. America.

A legacy character who took the identity of the Golden Age Tex Thomson (later "Thompson") who first appeared in Action Comics #1 (yeah, that one).
    Thomson became "Mr. America" in Action Comics #33, and still later it was changed to "Americommando" in Action Comics #52.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Mr. America.

A legacy character who took the identity of the Golden Age Tex Thomson (later "Thompson") who first appeared in Action Comics #1 (yeah, that one).
    Thomson became "Mr. America" in Action Comics #33, and still later it was changed to "Americommando" in Action Comics #52.
    Also, sort of the "villain" in The Golden Age, which was my first "real contact" with the character. I had seen him show up a few times in All-Star Squadron, but I don't think he ever even had a line there.

Peace

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Well, maybe not Thorndyke.
    Why not? He has a cool turtleneck shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Good question. You certainly could, but I feel you'd be doing the character a disservice by doing so, merely because it would mean he'd face substantially less pagetime. I'd certainly take that over nothing, of course. As merely the resident base medic and illegal coroner he'd naturally have less page time without forced situations, and I think such a good character deserves more of the spotlight.

He's not even particularly one of my favourites, I just think he's an essential to a modern JSA, as he's a great character with a lot of depth to offer the team, in many ways, with a lot of utility.

Edit: Dr-brainwave, I was talking about a modern JSA, in a mentor role, aka Johns run onwards. While his return there was one of my favourite parts (he's my favourite character) I will admit I'm not sure his presence is 100% necessary for the team. It's nice, but not necessary, IMO. Occasional appearances work well enough for me, and make it a treat.
    Marvel used Jane Foster like that for a while. She was the doctor for the Avengers. She didn't show up much, though the status quo remained until she got cancer. She became a superhero herself after that, first as the new Thor and now as Valkyrie, and therefore appears much more. Pieter probably does need to be on the active roster to get decent page time. It would help if not one, but two JSA books launched, so that Beth can just go with Stargirl, which would be TV synergy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    DC could pull a Marvel and use Pieter Cross in the roll of Night Nurse that Marvel had. He would be the go-to stitch em up and medical doctor that the heroes use.
    Marvel still uses Night Nurse. She appears in street level books like Luke Cage, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Recently there has been a lot of discussion about there hypothetically being two teams, so I would like to ask, hypothetically speaking:
    -Who should be on which roster?
    -Which villains should there be, and should both teams have different sets of villains?

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Recently there has been a lot of discussion about there hypothetically being two teams, so I would like to ask, hypothetically speaking:
    -Who should be on which roster?
    -Which villains should there be, and should both teams have different sets of villains?
    What discussion regarding what two teams? I have no idea what you're referring to here.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Yeah, there's been lots of discussion about them getting at least one book, and I have said there should be two (one for the vets and one for Stargirl and the other younger members) but there hasn't been a lot of discussion about them having two teams.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, there's been lots of discussion about them getting at least one book, and I have said there should be two (one for the vets and one for Stargirl and the other younger members) but there hasn't been a lot of discussion about them having two teams.
    Hell, we don't even have any guarantees they'll be getting ANY books in the foreseeable future.

Extraordinary Member

Hell, we don't even have any guarantees they'll be getting ANY books in the foreseeable future.
    Given the ATT stuff....now I don't see any other new books that aren't "diverse" coming around.

Check out this wonderful commissioned piece Stephen Sadowski posted on his Twitter awhile back.

Would be good to see that coloured.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would be good to see that coloured.
    Agreed. It's a beautiful piece of art. It'd be rude to do it without the commissioner's approval though, so sadly we'll just have to imagine it, or hope it pops up elsewhere coloured with their approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Check out this wonderful commissioned piece Stephen Sadowski posted on his Twitter awhile back.

Long live the Justice Society .