Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Yeah the yellow one just reminds me of a bad cyclops knock off, just putting her in a classic Doctor Mid-nite costume is fine personally.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I prefer the yellow/back suit over the red/black one. I think the former looks for distinct and suits her better.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, does she still spell it "Mignight" or is she now also using McNider's and Cross' spelling of "Mid-Nite"?
    I don't think she's actually been named on panel in the comics since she came back in Doomsday Clock? In fact, isn't the Stargirl special her only appearance since then? It's Mid-Nite in the Stargirl TV show though. So I reckon it'll be spelt that way from now on.
    What do you mean "the old one"?

As far as I can recall, it wasn't until recently that Beth wore a costume other than the yellow-and-black one.
    Yeah, in the Stargirl show she's literally wearing McNider's suit, so the change is just synergy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

It looks like JSA still has roots from a parallel dimension - otherwise there would be no Power Girl or Huntress. So if Wonder Woman was still part of the JSA, I think they really should bring back Lyta. If necessary, they can just discard the Sandman connection. Hector was his most interesting as Dr. Fate, so he probably won't come back -- sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It looks like JSA still has roots from a parallel dimension - otherwise there would be no Power Girl or Huntress. So if Wonder Woman was still part of the JSA, I think they really should bring back Lyta. If necessary, they can just discard the Sandman connection. Hector was his most interesting as Dr. Fate, so he probably won't come back -- sadly.
    Honestly, there's been so much dimensional hijinks with the JSA over the years that them being a home for lost heroes could be understood. I mean that far more in a meta way than an actual in-book point, but Helena Wayne and Kara Zor-L (spelling counts to me here) would fit in quite well with that kind of set-up.

Hector is heavily linked to the Hawkman franchise and however that turns out when the dust clears will have a lot to do with his role and status. But him being a son to a previous Hawkman (or Hawkwoman/Girl) reincarnation might work as well. As to Lyta, I prefer she have some WW link. My personal idea would be to make her mother a WW2 era Wonder Girl who came from Paradise Island. It keeps her superheroine pedigree, maintains a link to a major (I'm expecting this) JSA member.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Maybe they will make Diana is Lyta's mom again.

By the way, does she still spell it "Mignight" or is she now also using McNider's and Cross' spelling of "Mid-Nite"?
    I imagine it's the latter, to keep things consistent for trademark purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think there is still room for him as Silver Scarab. The Nth suit of armor thing has a lot of potential.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I can see it being a problem if it's the same Hector and Lyta who went through the events of Gaiman's Sandman and maybe Karen Berger felt that Johns and Goyers plans would have affected Sandman somehow or maybe it had something to do with the reason why Vertigo was walled off the rest of the DCU for a while; kids reading Superman following the trail to a Constantine book.

Either way, that was multiple reboots ago. We've even had two Constantine's running around for a while; HB Constantine with all his canonical stories and Nu52 Constantine.

Probably the only reason why they aren't used now is because Hector and Lyta aren't that popular and not many people at DC know or even care about those characters.

Which is a shame because I think the renewed interest around Diana/Steve Trevor thanks to the WW movie and WW Rebirth was the perfect chance to bring Lyta back. I'm surprised they didn't do it for their YA line of books.
    Axtually Lyta's history has been retconned thank to the mindwraps by Brainwave Jr. The fact that he erased her past history so that her life won't be complicated with her relation with Wonder Woman. They just wanna to forget about it.

RCO026_1464857420.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Axtually Lyta's history has been retconned thank to the mindwraps by Brainwave Jr. The fact that he erased her past history so that her life won't be complicated with her relation with Wonder Woman. They just wanna to forget about it.

RCO026_1464857420.jpg
    Yeah this was from that transitional era before the full effects of crisis set in and reality was rejiggered so instead of being a survivor from another earth, golden age fury would be retconned in as her mom. Kind of like how in All-Star Squadron's last issue the squadron takes a picture of their roster at the time and we see two versions of it. One with the trinity, Green Arrow and Aquaman, and one without them(but the Freedom Fighters were back since they never left for Earth X in the revised continuity).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Yeah this was from that transitional era before the full effects of crisis set in and reality was rejiggered so instead of being a survivor from another earth, golden age fury would be retconned in as her mom. Kind of like how in All-Star Squadron's last issue the squadron takes a picture of their roster at the time and we see two versions of it. One with the trinity, Green Arrow and Aquaman, and one without them(but the Freedom Fighters were back since they never left for Earth X in the revised continuity).
    The actual retcon that got rid of Diana as her mom came from Secret Origins #12 and Infinity Inc #35 which introduced her post crisis mom,Helena Kosmatos the Golden Age Fury.

Seems like to me they could split the difference now if they wanted too. Helena Kosmatos didn't raise Lyta due to being driven insane by being possessed by Tisiphone, so Lyta was raised by Ms. America. Now that they may have moved Diana's origin back to the Golden Age, Diana could raise or mentor Lyta while keeping Lyta as Helena's biological daughter is they don't want her to be Diana's biological daughter.

I don't know why they have to complicate things, just say she's the daughter of Helena Kosmatos or Miss America and either of the two subs for GA Wonder Woman.

I don't know why they have to complicate things,
    Because it's DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Because it's DC.
    Basically being complicated sums up all of DC.

I don't know why they have to complicate things, just say she's the daughter of Helena Kosmatos or Miss America and either of the two subs for GA Wonder Woman.
    Well, which was worse / more complicated:
    * erasing Wonder Woman as Lyta's mother and eventually creating the "Golden Age" Fury as Lyta's birth-mother
    or
    * changing Power Girl's background so that instead of being from Krypton, she was now the granddaughter of Arion of Atlantis and Lady Chian