Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Which also explains the costume by the way.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well they’re using Beth in the Stargirl show that he’s producing. Probably wanted some synergy.
    Also why Tommy lost his spot to Yolanda. Which, I wonder, is the source material?

Peace

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No more legacy members for me just yet . . . Geoff Johns already went way too far overboard with that concept in the post-Infinite Crisis run.

Helena Wayne only works if you go back to placing that team on an Earth-2 (other than the New 52's version).

And much as I would prefer the JSA on a separate Earth, DC doesn't seem likely to go back to that idea.
    Or they can bring back Helena Wayne as another survivor from the original Earth 2, just like PG and Psycho-pirate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Or they can bring back Helena Wayne as another survivor from the original Earth 2, just like PG and Psycho-pirate.
    With Helena Wayne, that may be the only way for young mainstream Bruce to have a kid, but frankly, (Controversial DC Opinion ahead), what has being from Earth Two, (really Krypton Two), done for her? Nothing, it's never been a plot point in any story apart from Johns once have her weep a lot and then get tortured on a new Earth 2, it's never been used to make her unique apart from a one line "Oh, she's alternate, (implied as a lesser alternate) Supergirl". It never gave her unique powers, weaknesses, outlooks, a history that was used to inform her decisions. Why not simply make her a different relative of main Earth Clark than SG and give her a slightly different name. Or make her a time lost ancestor. Or literally anything along those lines. I mean, since DC doesn't ever seem to use that status for her to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    But Power Girl and Pscho-Pirate were survivors of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It appeared that as of CoIE #12, Helena Wayne wasn't.

JL 34.jpgSomeone made a remake of George Perez Classic the only adaptions i like are Starman.the Spectre i don't know thery took the Huntress out ans put Earth 1 Wonder Woman in a T Shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Someone made a remake of George Perez Classic the only adaptions i like are Starman.the Spectre i don't know thery took the Huntress out ans put Earth 1 Wonder Woman in a T Shirt.
    They made quite a few revisions to the original version, including earlier versions of some costumes.

But Power Girl and Pscho-Pirate were survivors of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It appeared that as of CoIE #12, Helena Wayne wasn't.
    Many, MANY characters didn't survive crisis and yet are alive and active now.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Many, MANY characters didn't survive crisis and yet are alive and active now.
    Yes, they are.

But to have the Helena Wayne version of Huntress back in existence, it would take quite a bit of juggling and explaining, something I doubt DC would bother doing.
    Especially since Bertinelli would basically already fill her spot. At least Power Girl didn't have to compete with a Kara Zor-El version of Supergirl for many years after CoIE.

Yes, they are.

But to have the Helena Wayne version of Huntress back in existence, it would take quite a bit of juggling and explaining, something I doubt DC would bother doing.
    Especially since Bertinelli would basically already fill her spot. At least Power Girl didn't have to compete with a Kara Zor-El version of Supergirl for many years after CoIE.
    The Helena Wayne Huntress co-starred with Power Girl in Worlds' Finest for over two years She exists.

The Convergence event sent characters back in time to redo some of COIE. Original Helena gets saved and packaged with original PG. And I padded this storyline with filler.

Helena Wayne is the JSA's biggest tie into the Bat-family. DC may not actually care but "Batman's daughter" is something many of us suspect they'd consider finding a way to use.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Ahhhh my favorite DC series of all time. I re-read at least once a year.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ahhhh my favorite DC series of all time. I re-read at least once a year.
    Seriously. This series contained much of what I LOVED about the idea of the JSA as a decades long group/ Starman was not only a tale of great superheroism and a study of a world of heroes, but it was a tale of a family and how a son and father grow with each other. The Starman series took the idea that was covered in Infinity, Inc. and ran crazy with it,

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Also why Tommy lost his spot to Yolanda. Which, I wonder, is the source material?

Peace
    I will never understand why DC seems to have insisted that Yolanda stay dead before Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will never understand why DC seems to have insisted that Yolanda stay dead before Flashpoint
    I mean, DC sometimes seems oddly insistent on certain characters staying dead in general from my perspective.