Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Normally I’d agree with you about the lineup, but considering that we’ve seen this exact cast of characters making up the JSA multiple times recently (Infinite Frontier, Flash, Stargirl) I’m a little confident that who we are seeing is more then likely the JSA plus or minus a few extras here or there (I want Khalid Nassour on the JSA personally).
    But all those "multiple times" (three, right?) were just single images, not multiple pages in a story.
    And as I also said, if someone other than Geoff Johns will be the writer, will that person be forced to use characters that John put together for those (basically teaser) images?

I really can't say what DC will be likely to do until we know if / when anything further is likely to get announced.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But all those "multiple times" (three, right?) were just single images, not multiple pages in a story.
    And as I also said, if someone other than Geoff Johns will be the writer, will that person be forced to use characters that John put together for those (basically teaser) images?

I really can't say what DC will be likely to do until we know if / when anything further is likely to get announced.
    Who do you expect to write it other than Johns? Who does anyone else? Note that I asked expect, not want. If they're the same, lucky you.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Who do you expect to write it other than Johns? Who does anyone else? Note that I asked expect, not want. If they're the same, lucky you.

Peace
    The major is right in that we haven't seen more than single images. But the fact that those teams have been very similar might mean something (or, they might not). It's even possible that the members used are merely placeholders and the exact cast of a still unannounced, unseen, and unborn JSA series may very well be up for grabs. At this point I feel like Charlie Brown, DC is Lucy, and a new JSA series is the football constantly being yanked away.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Personally I’d give it to Jeremy Adams, he recently worked on the JSA WW2 animated movie and his work on Flash so far has been phenomenal. I think there is a strong possibility that he could do good work on the team.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The major is right in that we haven't seen more than single images. But the fact that those teams have been very similar might mean something (or, they might not). It's even possible that the members used are merely placeholders and the exact cast of a still unannounced, unseen, and unborn JSA series may very well be up for grabs. At this point I feel like Charlie Brown, DC is Lucy, and a new JSA series is the football constantly being yanked away.
    A terrible yet apt comparison

Astonishing Member

Damage is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I have no idea.

I just know DC has been supposedly going to give us a new JSA series for several years now and it hasn't happened yet. I also know Geoff Johns hasn't had a great track record of turning out a regular series in a timely manner for even more years, and I have no idea how his current work load is. (Isn't he also suppose to do a Stargirl series?)

Astonishing Member

Didio delayed it, and Doomsday Clock was delayed due to real life stuff. None of that matters anymore and people will have to just wait some more until infinite frontier is over.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Didio delayed it, and Doomsday Clock was delayed due to real life stuff. None of that matters anymore and people will have to just wait some more until infinite frontier is over.
    But some of us get very tired of waiting, and by the time they finally do something it might be too late to recapture some of that lost interest.

In the meantime, giving us an image tease every now and then without any follow up isn't necessarily helping.

Mighty Member

Bryan Hitch talking about sales of his and Venditti's Hawkman run

"It's a shame my Hawkman run with @robertvenditti didn't sell as well as we would have liked. I (and the writers I work with) can provide damn good comics but it's up to publishers to sell them not creators. And here I think we were let down." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...24471537815553

"Hawkman launched in a week sandwiched between the launch of Bendis' Superman and Snyder's Justice League. I think we got an announcement but no pushes or fanfares and of course, all the attention in stores and buyers went to those two launches which had huge initiatives." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...24891081396226

"I think @robertvenditti and I held up our end of the creative bargain and gave DC a damn good comic. It was DC's job to interest anyone and everyone to buy it. They didn't, unfortunately." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...25810015727621

You can tell Bryan Hitch was completely furstrated and angry at the management of DC and the maketing team did nothing at pushing the titles all over the social media. It was clear that they basically seem to think that a lot of titles are dead in the water before they're launched so they don't put the work into marketing them.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Bryan Hitch talking about sales of his and Venditti's Hawkman run

"It's a shame my Hawkman run with @robertvenditti didn't sell as well as we would have liked. I (and the writers I work with) can provide damn good comics but it's up to publishers to sell them not creators. And here I think we were let down." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...24471537815553

"Hawkman launched in a week sandwiched between the launch of Bendis' Superman and Snyder's Justice League. I think we got an announcement but no pushes or fanfares and of course, all the attention in stores and buyers went to those two launches which had huge initiatives." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...24891081396226

"I think @robertvenditti and I held up our end of the creative bargain and gave DC a damn good comic. It was DC's job to interest anyone and everyone to buy it. They didn't, unfortunately." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...25810015727621

You can tell Bryan Hitch was completely furstrated and angry at the management of DC and the maketing team did nothing at pushing the titles all over the social media. It was clear that they basically seem to think that a lot of titles are dead in the water before they're launched so they don't put the work into marketing them.
    I think that's an industry wide problem with the Big Two. Although Hawkamn ran probably longer than some Marvel titles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's an industry wide problem with the Big Two. Although Hawkamn ran probably longer than some Marvel titles.
    Agreed.

I eagerly await the day when the marketing department at the Big Two realize that we the readers pay plenty of attention to the men and women behind the curtain. Why should we care about a series if they don't? If it's gonna get washed away in the next Crisis/crossover?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the same problem happen with the recent Leah's X-Factor run. The last issue of the run has sold the most copy than the previous issue (due because of Scarlet Witch's death) but overall at the same time the X-Editors have seriously oversaturated too many X-books until that run got overshadowed by other X-books.

X-Factor was screwed over. Skipped a month a couple of times and launch delayed by COVID? It had no chance!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    . . . Also, we have Mr. T and Vandal Savage, both brilliant characters . . .
    Mr. T is in Infinite Frontier?