Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    But you make a habit of posting what you question and don't like about a series you haven't read. Glancing over it in a store doesn't allow you to pick up the details in a somewhat heavy series. There is a lot there that gets missed with just a quick cursory glance. I understand not wanting to pay the price for what DC was treating as a premium book. But you've been going on about this series for months without actually reading it.
    And I have no interest in the rest of the book, so for the foreseeable future I'll pass on spending my time and $'s on Geoff Johns' vanity project (which really lost a lot of its overall impact because of the excessive delays and the fact that the rest of DC moved on before it was done).

And if that bothers you, there's nothing I can do about it.

(And for the record, I kept hoping that while the series was going on something would be seen / somebody would say something that would truly make me feel I needed to buy an issue, but that never did happen.)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-17-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And I have no interest in the rest of the book, so for the foreseeable future I'll pass on spending my time and $'s on Geoff Johns' vanity project (which really lost a lot of its overall impact because of the excessive delays and the fact that the rest of DC moved on before it was done).

And if that bothers you, there's nothing I can do about it.

(And for the record, I kept hoping that while the series was going on something would be seen / somebody would say something that would truly make me feel I needed to buy an issue, but that never did happen.)
    Your feelings about the book aren't the issue. It's your constant negative rambling about a work YOU HAVEN'T READ that's the issue. Every JSA fan here wishes any of these events would have brought the team back. But you're questioning WHY a certain character who was killed in a previous story is alive and well in an issue YOU HAVEN'T READ. Had you read the story you would have found out. You then went on about the costume she was wearing and said you wanted to read in a comic book why she was wearing that costume is a comic book YOU DIDN'T READ.

Your ranting and kvetching will get more respect if you actually read the books you go on about. Or better yet, if you haven't read it, don't complain about it.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Your feelings about the book aren't the issue. It's your constant negative rambling about a work YOU HAVEN'T READ that's the issue. Every JSA fan here wishes any of these events would have brought the team back. But you're questioning WHY a certain character who was killed in a previous story is alive and well in an issue YOU HAVEN'T READ. Had you read the story you would have found out. You then went on about the costume she was wearing and said you wanted to read in a comic book why she was wearing that costume is a comic book YOU DIDN'T READ.

Your ranting and kvetching will get more respect if you actually read the books you go on about. Or better yet, if you haven't read it, don't complain about it.
    It needed to be said.

. . . But you're questioning WHY a certain character who was killed in a previous story is alive and well in an issue YOU HAVEN'T READ. Had you read the story you would have found out.
    So, why not share the reasoning that was given in that issue?

You then went on about the costume she was wearing and said you wanted to read in a comic book why she was wearing that costume is a comic book YOU DIDN'T READ.
    And what was the reason given in Doomsday Clock #12 as to why she was wearing that outfit?

If the answers were there and I didn't notice them when I glanced through the pages, I'd appreciate your sharing that information.

That's why I ask these questions: to seek answers.

I just hope it wasn't done in a lame massive information dump like Geoff Johns used in Infinite Crisis to explain how Wonder Woman was back to being a founding member of the JLA; how the idea Batman had caught Joe Chill was restored to "canon" after it had been removed from continuity by Zero Hour; how Superman was back to having been Superboy while he was still in Smallville; etc.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Guess say goodbye to Nu52 Earth 2. I think that other retro JSA in the Hitch JSA art was the new JSA on Earth 2, the one with Huntress.
    A shame, really. As much as I loved the original (Pre and Post-Crisis) JSA, IMHO, that was one of the few good things to come out of the New 52. I really wanted to see their adventures continue after the Society, in their new world. It still had a lot of untapped potential, IMHO.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    A shame, really. As much as I loved the original (Pre and Post-Crisis) JSA, IMHO, that was one of the few good things to come out of the New 52. I really wanted to see their adventures continue after the Society, in their new world. It still had a lot of untapped potential, IMHO.

Peace
    It would've been interesting to see what Robinson's ultimate vision would've ended up as.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would've been interesting to see what Robinson's ultimate vision would've ended up as.
    Agreed. I have no interest in what the title became after Robinson left, thought. As soon as Taylor took over, everything became about the Super and Bat characters and the plan to build Earth-2 around the new trinity of Flash, GL and Hawkgirl went out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. I have no interest in what the title became after Robinson left, thought. As soon as Taylor took over, everything became about the Super and Bat characters and the plan to build Earth-2 around the new trinity of Flash, GL and Hawkgirl went out the window.
    I do wonder how much of that was on Taylor or if it was more an editorial direction that was imposed on him.

Extraordinary Member

I like Robinson's stuff in general, but I hated his nu52 stuff. It will take years to recover the damage done by that. So when is any JSA title coming. Solicitations come and go without showing anything resembling a JSA title.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-18-2021 at 05:28 PM.

[/QUOTE]
    So, why not share the reasoning that was given in that issue?
    I'd love to, but I do not believe you really care about the story. You spent two years calling it Doomsday Cluck and maligning the lateness while refusing to read an issue.

And what was the reason given in Doomsday Clock #12 as to why she was wearing that outfit?
    Had you paid attention to previous posts, you would have read that there wasn't an actual reason given in the issue for a costume change. Ideas were offered but you insisted on something that you could read in a comic book. To do that, reading the comic is an important step.

If the answers were there and I didn't notice them when I glanced through the pages, I'd appreciate your sharing that information.

That's why I ask these questions: to seek answers.
    That doesn't go along with your huge string of negativity towards the story and its author. Beth Chapel's costume might be very important to you, but it wasn't anywhere near a major point in the story. It is a nice item to complain about if you actual don't want to deal with the story though.

I just hope it wasn't done in a lame massive information dump like Geoff Johns used in Infinite Crisis to explain how Wonder Woman was back to being a founding member of the JLA; how the idea Batman had caught Joe Chill was restored to "canon" after it had been removed from continuity by Zero Hour; how Superman was back to having been Superboy while he was still in Smallville; etc.
    Your inability to get through this post without another complaint about Geoff Johns indicates you may not be looking at anything having to do with this story impartially.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 06-18-2021 at 06:07 PM.

I'd love to, but I do not believe you really care about the story.
    Did I ever say I cared about it?

I thought you were whining about my constantly asking about the Justice Society of America. I didn't realize you were insulted that I don't think Geoff Johns is the writer he use to be.

I'll stop asking you questions now since you've admitted the whole issue had next-to-nothing that really mattered to me, but it seems you can't accept that.

Did I ever say I cared about it?

I thought you were whining about my constantly asking about the Justice Society of America. I didn't realize you were insulted that I don't think Geoff Johns is the writer he use to be.

I'll stop asking you questions now since you've admitted the whole issue had next-to-nothing that really mattered to me, but it seems you can't accept that.
    At this point, I'm convinced you're going to remain a constant source of misguided negativity here.

At this point, I'm convinced you're going to remain a constant source of misguided negativity here.
    “At this point”? What took you so long? This was established years ago.

Extraordinary Member

Any thoughts as to when the JSA might be back as a title? Obviously not by September.

Incredible Member

^ We dunno. A JSA splash page at the end of the Stargirl oneshot had Johns and Hitch listed, and that lines up with Johns and Hitch making a pitch a little over a year ago. But a Venom book got announced with Hitch as the artist and Johns has been busy with non comic stuff for a while now and has trouble getting more than one book out. So unless that splash page was a teaser for a oneshot/mini/backup we may be waiting some more.
    Last edited by M L A; 06-19-2021 at 06:46 AM.