Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Hitch is teasing a new Marvel book on his Twitter, so it looks like he may not be the interior artist for the rumored JSA relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hitch is teasing a new Marvel book on his Twitter, so it looks like he may not be the interior artist for the rumored JSA relaunch.
    Or he just does the first issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    It really doesn't make anysense for them to be off limits. DC had no problem with them in JSA in the early 2000's. They aren't being used in any of the current Sandman Universe stuff. All the other Vertigo stuff has been reincorporated in the DC universe. Gaiman didn't create them so he shouldn't have so much say over them. And the universe has been rebooted a couple of times now.
    I can see it being a problem if it's the same Hector and Lyta who went through the events of Gaiman's Sandman and maybe Karen Berger felt that Johns and Goyers plans would have affected Sandman somehow or maybe it had something to do with the reason why Vertigo was walled off the rest of the DCU for a while; kids reading Superman following the trail to a Constantine book.

Either way, that was multiple reboots ago. We've even had two Constantine's running around for a while; HB Constantine with all his canonical stories and Nu52 Constantine.

Probably the only reason why they aren't used now is because Hector and Lyta aren't that popular and not many people at DC know or even care about those characters.

Which is a shame because I think the renewed interest around Diana/Steve Trevor thanks to the WW movie and WW Rebirth was the perfect chance to bring Lyta back. I'm surprised they didn't do it for their YA line of books.

Or maybe it confirms that it was just another empty tease and not a promise of a JSA relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I've already commented on the first two a few times, so I won't bore anyone by repeating myself on those, but I actually kinda like GL's new look. Of course I need to see it in more than just a single panel to really decide, but from said single panel I think it's a pretty stylish look for him.
    But is his "new" chest emblem a mistake by Hitch, or has he switched rings and now using one from the Guardians instead of his Starheart one?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or he just does the first issue?
    Do we even know how many issues may be involved for what DC was teasing?
    It could just be a one-shot or a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Or maybe it confirms that it was just another empty tease and not a promise of a JSA relaunch.
    I don't think they'd just throw Johns' name out there, but who knows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    No, but Karen Berger did have a problem -- which is why they were removed from the book before their story had a chance to take off. Sandman was originally set in the DCU -- and many characters crossed over. When Sandman ended, Vertigo/Berger should have just let Lyta be used in the DCU -- as it had little to no bearing on Vertigo (aside from Hector and Lyta being the biological parents of the new Sandman/Daniel).
    But they shouldn't be off limits. What good reason is for them to be embargoed in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    But they shouldn't be off limits. What good reason is for them to be embargoed in 2021?
    The TV show. Same reason we've got Beth as Dr Mid-Nite (well, that and diversity, it's arguable which has more weight).

Incredible Member

The TV show. Same reason we've got Beth as Dr Mid-Nite (well, that and diversity, it's arguable which has more weight).
    That's not quite the same. Beth being used is nominally to draw in people familiar with her from the show. Though it's probably more a co-planning thing behind the scenes rather than one following the other. But the Sandman show shouldn't be able to block Hector and Lyta from being used in the comics as the show and comics are separate universes. It's just an adaptation. Hector and Lyta should not be restricted now because of 30 year old story arcs.

While the diversity argument certainly holds weight for Mid-Nite, since Cross is a white man and Chapel is a black woman, the same can't be said for Fate unless the one they plan to use is Khalid. Hector and Kent are both white men, so diversity doesn't come into it if it's a choice between those two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Using Yolanda and Beth introduces more women on the team wearing older mantles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Using Yolanda and Beth introduces more women on the team wearing older mantles.
    True but I prefer Beth to have her yellow and black costume from the comics instead of wearing the exact costume as Charles McNider.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    True but I prefer Beth to have her yellow and black costume from the comics instead of wearing the exact costume as Charles McNider.

By the way, does she still spell it "Mignight" or is she now also using McNider's and Cross' spelling of "Mid-Nite"?

Ultimate Member

Her yellow costume is all kinds of terrible, IMO.

But the old one isn't any better, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Her yellow costume is all kinds of terrible, IMO.

But the old one isn't any better, IMO
    What do you mean "the old one"?

As far as I can recall, it wasn't until recently that Beth wore a costume other than the yellow-and-black one.