Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post JSA Appreciation 2021

Let's pray so that DC comics will tease the return of the Justice Society team and therefore launch a new JSA book with a new creative team. With the Infinite Frontier reveal Stargirl and Alan Scott's family, Let's stay optismistic and hopeful in order to fullfill our dream come true.

Justice_Society_of_America_004.jpg
    Infinite-Frontier.jpg

Boisterously Confused

Always loved the JSA from first encountering their reprints in the back pages of the old JLA.

jsaPinup_1680x1050.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Let's see if we can figure out the soonest they could return. What month are we up to for solicitations? No special announcements AFAIK. So...the month after the last solicit we have is the soonest the JSA could return, but probably it'd be several months after at least, since we have heard literally nothing so far about their return. Probably toward the end of the year, I'm thinking, soonest.

April solicits are the newest. And books can be announced as late as an hour before the full solicits are released. So May is still possible.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah I would take it from the most recent interview with Williamson that there is stuff planned with a lot of different characters but they haven’t made them known because they want to wait for Infinite Frontier #0 to come out, name dropping Calvin Ellis (Superman), Booster gold and Blue Beetle, and even Jess Chambers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The best super team in comics bar none.

It does get confusing when people talk about the "JSA".

There was the team the Justice Society of America that dates back to 1940 and was referred to as the "JSA".

But in 1999, DC came out with a new series titled "JSA" which was, essentially, the next generation of the Golden Age group (with a few of the original members still present).

While I can enjoy both, my heart always will lie with the Golden Age heroes, as well as those members who were added to that group during the 1960s and 1970s (like adult Robin, Power Girl, and Huntress).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It does get confusing when people talk about the "JSA".

There was the team the Justice Society of America that dates back to 1940 and was referred to as the "JSA".

But in 1999, DC came out with a new series titled "JSA" which was, essentially, the next generation of the Golden Age group (with a few of the original members still present).

While I can enjoy both, my heart always will lie with the Golden Age heroes, as well as those members who were added to that group during the 1960s and 1970s (like adult Robin, Power Girl, and Huntress).
    Just two different incarnations of the group to me .

let's be careful what we wish for see what happened with the Legion of Super Heroes.i love the JSA as well but hopefully we'll get something in the coming year.maybe a mixture of jsa.all stars and infinity members merge together wouldbe my go to team.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    let's be careful what we wish for see what happened with the Legion of Super Heroes...
    So, Step 1: KEEP BENDIS AWAY FROM THE JSA

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Not holding my breath. But I will enjoy my trades and back issues of the best team DC has but doesn’t use.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh good, maybe next movie we can get some JSA in there with Wonder Woman. That's a pretty big role for a character who was never that important to the JSA. Barry as a framing device is annoying enough, but WW taking over...why bother with the JSA at all if you don't trust them to carry their own movie? There's more Steve Trevor than some of the JSA types. WW and Barry, with Aquaman's assist, plus a few JSA characters who aren't that important. I want a real JSA movie, one that's about them, not the seventy fifth flick about how awesome Wonder Woman is.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It looks better in motion, but removing Alan hurts a lot. Also, is Aquaman the villain?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jim Krieg is a national treasure .

I think this is the first time I've thought the chinstrap on The Flash suit looks bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Oh good, maybe next movie we can get some JSA in there with Wonder Woman. That's a pretty big role for a character who was never that important to the JSA. Barry as a framing device is annoying enough, but WW taking over...why bother with the JSA at all if you don't trust them to carry their own movie? There's more Steve Trevor than some of the JSA types. WW and Barry, with Aquaman's assist, plus a few JSA characters who aren't that important. I want a real JSA movie, one that's about them, not the seventy fifth flick about how awesome Wonder Woman is.
    ...That's kind of assuming there's that many actual films focused on Wonder Woman or that portray her well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It looks better in motion, but removing Alan hurts a lot. Also, is Aquaman the villain?
    Yeah, I'm kind of confused what his role in the movie is. It seems like there's contention with Wonder Woman but I can't see them making Aquaman a villain.