Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't most of the JSA still missing? The only ones who've been seen recently are Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick (in The Flash), Alan Scott, Jade, Obsidian, Stargirl (all in Infinite Frontier #0), and Jakeem Thunder (in Teen Titans)?
    That depends whether Doomsday Clock counts or not. Which I'm hoping it does because I do not want a do over on bringing back the JSA as a whole. I liked the team we saw there and don't want to see it dropped or changed with any members being dropped.

Anyway the new solicitation for Infinite Frontier #2 gives me some hope that's not the direction they're going.
    What secrets and changes lurk inside the newly expanded Multiverse? The devious Director Bones of the D.E.O. re-forms a ragtag team to keep the new worlds at bay, but was highly skilled agent Cameron Chase recruited because the director needs her help, or because he wants a patsy when things go south? Meanwhile, Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern, takes drastic measures to find his missing daughter. Someone has kidnapped Jade, and Alan’s going to find out why and bring her home. Plus, the resurrection of Roy Harper gives the former Teen Titan some unexpected and unpredictable new powers.
    If this is a plot about somebody abducting the JSA members who've already been restored to continuity from Doomsday clock and the purpose of the story is simply to reintroduce them to readers instead of needing to bring them back into continuity, I can be down with that. But there is no reason to do another plot about restoring them to continuity when we already have had Doomsday Clock (And Williamson's previous do-over with Jesse Quick in Flash. And Death Metal for additional putting things back in place or whatever). I'd have preferred they'd just launch a JSA book with the Doomsday Clock Team, but as long as they're using the Doomsday Clock Team and not ignoring and retconning it it's easier for me to get behind this.

I didn't mind the Doomsday Clock team, but there was one glaring omission to me: Pieter Cross. He's such a great character, and was a bedrock of the previous runs, and played off so well with Mr Terrific in particular, it'd be a shame to lose all that. I understand the team needs more representation (and it lines up with media appearances since LOT and Stargirl), but I don't think Beth Chapel is the right answer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I didn't mind the Doomsday Clock team, but there was one glaring omission to me: Pieter Cross. He's such a great character, and was a bedrock of the previous runs, and played off so well with Mr Terrific in particular, it'd be a shame to lose all that. I understand the team needs more representation (and it lines up with media appearances since LOT and Stargirl), but I don't think Beth Chapel is the right answer.
    IIRC, he had a rather good noirish mini origin story. Wish I still had it, but my copies are lost...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Why can't there just be two Dr Mid-Nites like how there's two Wildcats? They could even have two teams (JSA is big enough and they did have two books pre-Flashpoint), Yolanda and Beth on one (with Stargirl and some other younger characters) and Pieter and Ted on the other (with Jay Garrick, Power Girl, and other veterans).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-24-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    That depends whether Doomsday Clock counts or not. Which I'm hoping it does because I do not want a do over on bringing back the JSA as a whole. I liked the team we saw there and don't want to see it dropped or changed with any members being dropped.
    I keep wondering if DC is now at the point where EVERYTHING counts, but at the same time, NOTHING counts.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I keep wondering if DC is now at the point where EVERYTHING counts, but at the same time, NOTHING counts.
    That's pretty much how I see it.

Peace

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 108803George Perez the G.O.A.T
    That's one of my favorite JSA posters, but so is this:
    jsaPinup_1680x1050.jpg

Got to say, one of my favorite things about the pre-Crisis JSA was that Robin got to grow up and come into his own, as did Power Girl and The Huntress after him.

As to the poster, if I could have made one suggestion to the artist, it would have been to reverse the seating of Drs. Mid-Nite and Fate, so The Founding Eight would all have been clustered together.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 04-24-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Why can't there just be two Dr Mid-Nites like how there's two Wildcats? They could even have two teams (JSA is big enough and they did have two books pre-Flashpoint), Yolanda and Beth on one (with Stargirl and some other younger characters) and Pieter and Ted on the other (with Jay Garrick, Power Girl, and other veterans).
    This would probably work. I plan on buying anything JSA if it ever comes out. I’d love two books.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's one of my favorite JSA posters, but so is this:

. . . As to the poster, if I could have made one suggestion to the artist, it would have been to reverse the seating of Drs. Mid-Nite and Fate, so The Founding Eight would all have been clustered together.
    But that would have caused a problem of too many red costumes on the right hand side. Dr. Mid-Nite plus the two Red Tornadoes = three red costumes in a row, plus Starman in the row behind them.
    (Not to mention Mr. Terrific's red mask.)

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    IIRC, he had a rather good noirish mini origin story. Wish I still had it, but my copies are lost...
    It's been reprinted in tpb form at least twice that I know of, as I've bought two separate editions (no real differences besides slight paper stock, wouldn't bother owning both). Despite the most recent being something like 2011-ish, you shouldn't have much drama finding a copy for a reasonable price close to retail.

It would make sense to have a Stargirl book where Yolanda and Beth could be supporting players and a JSA book for the others.
    But we can even get one JSA book

Amazing Member

For personal reasons... also Henry should be put in the Stargirl book. Not that I'm expecting him to join the JSA anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It would make sense to have a Stargirl book where Yolanda and Beth could be supporting players and a JSA book for the others.
    But we can even get one JSA book
    Yup. Hell we can’t even have a movie dedicated to the JSA without freaking Barry Allen. We aren’t getting an on-going title and I’ve just come to accept it. Any JSA plots will be WW2 flashbacks or constant teases of.....they are out there, I know it!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A fair statement, IMO.

Hopefully, we'll see an end to mega crossovers, and they actually spend some damn time developing existing and new relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yup. Hell we can’t even have a movie dedicated to the JSA without freaking Barry Allen. We aren’t getting an on-going title and I’ve just come to accept it. Any JSA plots will be WW2 flashbacks or constant teases of.....they are out there, I know it!
    Doesn't mean it won't be a good JSA movie .