Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will never understand why DC seems to have insisted that Yolanda stay dead before Flashpoint
    Probably just didn't want two Wildcats. Since Ted was around, Yolanda wasn't needed. Even the third Wildcat was often called Tomcat instead, which is a stupid codename considering Tom is that character's real name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A character only remains dead as long as they aren't the current star writer or editors favorite.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-02-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Anyway, times have changed. The Stargirl show probably used Yolanda for better representation. Stargirl and Hourman are white, so they used the black Doctor Mid-Nite and non-white Wildcat, who both also happen to be female. If JSA gets a comic again, there's a good chance they'll both be there. I do think there's room for two versions of each though, as the JSA team has dozens of members, enough to have two teams.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Hopefully we do get Tommy back though, and his absence from the Doomsday Clock group doesn't mean he's gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Hopefully we do get Tommy back though, and his absence from the Doomsday Clock group doesn't mean he's gone forever.
    We don't know if that one page of artwork in Doomsday Clock #12 really means anything in terms of a future direction at DC.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will never understand why DC seems to have insisted that Yolanda stay dead before Flashpoint
    Yolanda was created by Thomas and Tommy by Johns.

I could almost live with the Doomsday Clock line-up, but it NEEDS Pieter Cross. There's no negotiating on that one. The character just adds too much of value to the team and personal dynamic to be thrown away like that. It's too big a loss, IMO. I'd also like to see Rex Tyler as a mentor, but he's admittedly less necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I could almost live with the Doomsday Clock line-up, but it NEEDS Pieter Cross. There's no negotiating on that one. The character just adds too much of value to the team and personal dynamic to be thrown away like that. It's too big a loss, IMO. I'd also like to see Rex Tyler as a mentor, but he's admittedly less necessary.
    What about having Pieter Cross as . . . just Pieter Cross?
    Would he need to be "Dr. Mid-Nite"?

At one point, Pieter Cross had shown up briefly in Green Arrow during the New52 as a medical doctor, but I'm not aware of anything further happening with that.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

I beg to differ, Rex Tyler is as necessary as Jay, Alan, Kent and Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

At one point, Pieter Cross had shown up briefly in Green Arrow during the New52 as a medical doctor, but I'm not aware of anything further happening with that.
    I like Pieter with the JSA but if it winds up he doesn't have a place there then rename him Midnight, another World War II legacy, and have him join the League are a new Global Guardians since he is from Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Good question. You certainly could, but I feel you'd be doing the character a disservice by doing so, merely because it would mean he'd face substantially less pagetime. I'd certainly take that over nothing, of course. As merely the resident base medic and illegal coroner he'd naturally have less page time without forced situations, and I think such a good character deserves more of the spotlight.

He's not even particularly one of my favourites, I just think he's an essential to a modern JSA, as he's a great character with a lot of depth to offer the team, in many ways, with a lot of utility.

Edit: Dr-brainwave, I was talking about a modern JSA, in a mentor role, aka Johns run onwards. While his return there was one of my favourite parts (he's my favourite character) I will admit I'm not sure his presence is 100% necessary for the team. It's nice, but not necessary, IMO. Occasional appearances work well enough for me, and make it a treat.
    Last edited by Cat; 05-02-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Good question. You certainly could, but I feel you'd be doing the character a disservice by doing so, merely because it would mean he'd face substantially less pagetime. I'd certainly take that over nothing, of course. As merely the resident base medic and illegal coroner he'd naturally have less page time without forced situations, and I think such a good character deserves more of the spotlight.

He's not even particularly one of my favourites, I just think he's an essential to a modern JSA, as he's a great character with a lot of depth to offer the team, in many ways, with a lot of utility.

Edit: Dr-brainwave, I was talking about a modern JSA, in a mentor role, aka Johns run onwards. While his return there was one of my favourite parts (he's my favourite character) I will admit I'm not sure his presence is 100% necessary for the team. It's nice, but not necessary, IMO. Occasional appearances work well enough for me, and make it a treat.
    Pieter had such a good mini that he should be the JSA's current Dr. Midnite. And unlike the prior JSA series using him, it should look to that mini for how to write him.

By the way, I did recently start an appreciation thread for the Pieter Cross version of "Dr. Mid-Nite":

Nobody had posted anything there yet beyond my initial entry last I checked.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

I respecfuly disagree, I'm also talking about a modern JSA and i'm not at all ok with that.
    We're talking about one of the earliest superheroes, with tons of potential, who has never been given a serious chance to shine.
    Besides one of his personality traits is his addiction to the "life", relegating him to a happily retired/advisor is simply insulting, he should be an active member kick ass, save the world with the JSA and JLA, his supporting cast (Thorndyke, Jimmy Martin, Wendi Harris, Dr Iker, Rebecca Tyler) and his rogue gallery (Psycho-pirate, the original Dr Destiny,Dr Darkk, Bane, Baron Blitzkrig and the Aryan Brigade) should be explored, decades long friendships with Kent and his felow JSAers is pure gold.
    Rex Tyler is a must have.

DC could pull a Marvel and use Pieter Cross in the roll of Night Nurse that Marvel had. He would be the go-to stitch em up and medical doctor that the heroes use.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!