Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I thought she was back in WWII in main continuity after that story in Wonder Woman #750? And didn't that story seem as if she was an inspiration for Alan to become the Golden Age Green Lantern?
    Nominally, yes, but there are a lot of Wonder Woman fans resistant to the idea and have been praying for DC to change their mind and back out of it. I'm open minded to it, but I've seen plenty who aren't.

General symbolism is fine, and it doesn't have to be comprehensive (especially considering how loose JSA membership was getting in later years), but having duplicates in your "general symbolism" collage just seems, I dunno... sloppy?

"I COULD put another JSAer here... aw fuck it, I'll just slap in another Starman."
    I agree it looks sloppy upon first inspection. Another theory I have is given this is a time travel story being set up with Degaton they represent specific team incarnations and characters that will show up or be visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Nominally, yes, but there are a lot of Wonder Woman fans resistant to the idea and have been praying for DC to change their mind and back out of it. I'm open minded to it, but I've seen plenty who aren't.

I agree it looks sloppy upon first inspection. Another theory I have is given this is a time travel story being set up with Degaton they represent specific team incarnations and characters that will show up or be visited.
    That's a definite possibility. In which case you might very well see "missing generation" characters in the mix (David Knight, Hector and Lyta as hawks, maybe, some sort of proto-Huntress)

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I was thinking about that, but (barring some retcons which could be coming), David was never a member of an incarnation of the JSA or its spin-offs. Also, it'd be weird to have him and not Jack.
    Agreed, but it's the best guess I've got. It'd be completely missing the point of the character to make that Jack, so IMO it's basically got to be David? It'd be strange, but really, it wouldn't cause a problem if he was slipped into the Super Squad era/Infinity Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought she was back in WWII in main continuity after that story in Wonder Woman #750? And didn't that story seem as if she was an inspiration for Alan to become the Golden Age Green Lantern?
    They never followed up on that in her series so I assumed it all got scrapped when G5 went out the window. I think the closest thing they did was say she remembers elements from her past lives.

-I guess I'm the only one who find Black Canary's ommission to be glaring. One thing for her to not be in the modern day line up but the original Canary is not even in the background with the past JSA's.

-There appears to be two JSA line ups in the background. I saw two Ted Grant's and wondered if that was some kind of mistake but there are also two Wonder Woman's and two Alan Scott's. I think the line up on the right is the Pre Crisis Earth 2 (or the E2 formed after Infinite Crisis that was introduced at the tail end of Johns JSA run) and the other one might be the Post Crisis JSA line up.

-I'm not feeling the new looks for Mr Terrific, Yolanda's Wildcat or Hourman.

-Refreshing to see Jade, Obsidian and Power Girl back on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm surprised that Hawkman hasn't reincarnated into a POC. Seems like a waste of potential.
    It's still the same Hawkman though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -I guess I'm the only one who find Black Canary's ommission to be glaring. One thing for her to not be in the modern day line up but the original Canary is not even in the background with the past JSA's.

-There appears to be two JSA line ups in the background. I saw two Ted Grant's and wondered if that was some kind of mistake but there are also two Wonder Woman's and two Alan Scott's. I think the line up on the right is the Pre Crisis Earth 2 (or the E2 formed after Infinite Crisis that was introduced at the tail end of Johns JSA run) and the other one might be the Post Crisis JSA line up.

-I'm not feeling the new looks for Mr Terrific, Yolanda's Wildcat or Hourman.

-Refreshing to see Jade, Obsidian and Power Girl back on the team.
    I agree with the Mr. Terrific look. The lack of the "Fair Play" message is something I didn't like. They could have used the Terrifics look, it was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They never followed up on that in her series so I assumed it all got scrapped when G5 went out the window. I think the closest thing they did was say she remembers elements from her past lives.
    I mean in fairness the only time it got a chance to come up was in Death Metal and now she doesn’t have a chance because she’s...look I’m not reading Wonder Woman right now so I think she’s semi-dead or something, I know she’s ascended to the Godsphere and is hanging out in Valhalla but I have no real context for what that even means.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's still the same Hawkman though.
    He reincarnated. Easy explanation.

Incredible Member

0221614697950.jpg

Once again, I'd like to remind people we've seen confirmation of a Golden Age Black Canary as a JSA member in the infinite Frontier special. She's in the center photo about the JSA disbanding in between Alan and Dr Midnight.

We've also seen confirmation via the next photo over depicting Infinity Inc that Northwind, Lyta, and Hector have all at least existed at one point.

Also the Golden Age Liberty Belle was with the team in the Flashback at the end of Death Metal.

I really do not think the background in the Stargirl preview portrays the JSA's full membership.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 05-25-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    The one that died against the Upsidedown Man was Kent not Hector.

Hector and Lyta died during Acts of Vengeance in Infinity Crisis.
    Well they Brought Roy Harper back from the Dead so it's possibly that this is Hector and it's the same uniform he wore as Dr Fate in Johns JSA .

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    He reincarnated. Easy explanation.
    Yeah, but I assume this is the same Carter Hall from his last series.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean in fairness the only time it got a chance to come up was in Death Metal and now she doesn’t have a chance because she’s...look I’m not reading Wonder Woman right now so I think she’s semi-dead or something, I know she’s ascended to the Godsphere and is hanging out in Valhalla but I have no real context for what that even means.
    I'm am reading Wonder Woman and I'm clueless as to how she would fit in the JLA at all at this point...

And yeah, she's dead lol. And without her memories. Maybe when her memories come back they will explain this.

Astonishing Member

Diana is the golden age Wonder Woman. And not everyone is in the art.

Maybe it's more symbolic...