Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Golden Age, Bronze Age, current.

Diana probably swapped between her Earth 1 and 2 costumes on this newer Earth 0.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Well they Brought Roy Harper back from the Dead so it's possibly that this is Hector and it's the same uniform he wore as Dr Fate in Johns JSA .
    No it's not. It's Kent V Nelson's, not Hector's.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I have my suspicions about them. Sand was probably omitted to avoid confusion with the Sandman Universe comics. Damage's name was recycled for a New Age of DC Heroes character. And I expect that Round Robin Jesse Quick story to show up somewhere, they've paid for art so every entry in that poll should get something, it just won't be the six full issues the winner is getting.

There's some new costumes there, something's definitely on the way. Where the hell are the August solicitations!?! Maybe they were held back to make sure the news didn't release before the Stargirl Spring Break Special's release?

Does Jay have any siblings? I'm thinking maybe Judy could be a niece or something like that.

And why was Secret with Wing? A member of 90s Young Justice with a time displaced Soldier of Victory?

The somewhat odd thing about this art is that it depicts the Earth 2 Huntress(Helena Wayne) but it doesn't show the E2 Superman, Batman, or Robin. One of the two Wonder Women and Power Girls could be from E2 though.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Helena Wayne probably exists again without Earth 2 Batman and Robin on Earth 0?

Super happy to get the JSA back! But Mr. Terrific’s new costume is terrible. I hate change for the sake of change.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Super happy to get the JSA back! But Mr. Terrific’s new costume is terrible. I hate change for the sake of change.
    When is this happening BTW?

16 team members. Johns never goes small with the JSA .

While I'm happy the JSA is getting a comic again of some sort....I do feel alienated by some changes that have omitted some of my favourite members....but sigh, I almost think it's unavoidable at this point.

I can't help but shake the feeling that Mr Terrific is in his sleepwear. He NEEDS his jacket back.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    . . . Also the Golden Age Liberty Belle was with the team in the Flashback at the end of Death Metal...
    But did it say that was the JSA, or could it have been the All-Star Squadron?
    Previously, Liberty Belle wasn't in the JSA back in the 1940s, but all the JSA members were included among the ranks of the All-Star Squadron.

Maybe it's just Hitch's style, but I have to say I don't like the new costumes. And I'm even up to accepting Beth as Dr. Mid-Nite, but her wearing Charles McNider's costume is really fugly. At least her Infinity Inc costume was kind of cool. Can't say I see much of a reason for Jade and Obsidian to be there. Beth, Yolanda, Rick, Jakeem, Albert... all the replacements don't have the originals hanging around. Alan is right there (and so is Beth, because I've always considered Todd the Dr. Mid-Nite replacement in Infinity Inc.). Well, let's see what's gonna happen.

Peace

They're following the Stargirl TV show's lead there, as Beth wears Charles's costume in that too. Also, the entire TV show roster is there except for S.T.R.I.P.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But did it say that was the JSA, or could it have been the All-Star Squadron?
    Previously, Liberty Belle wasn't in the JSA back in the 1940s, but all the JSA members were included among the ranks of the All-Star Squadron.
    Yeah, Libby was never in the JSA, the only Liberty Belle in the JSA was Jesse.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-25-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Boisterously Confused

Yeah, Mr. Terrific's costume is bad, but Hourman? I'm ready to enlist and go to war - no questions asked - over that $***.

Obsidian has already been a member in the past (their security system) so his inclusion isn't unprecedented.

I do hear you with Hourman, it's completely lost the elegant simplicity of the old costume, and the noir stylishness it had. I do think this one would be passable though if it had one thing:a cape. That's what it's missing IMO.

Bryan Hitch did some of the best work of his generation on The Authority and The Ultimates, but man he is a shadow of his former self and skill level. I really wish they would have gone with a different artist.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-25-2021 at 09:36 PM.