Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I said this on the Power Girl thread: Alan's got a weird costume.
    Assassinate Putin!

I concur with Mr Terrific, they need to go back to the classic Fair Play costume.

I'm really bumbed out that both Ted Grant and Pieter Cross are both off the team, as well as Sandman. If it was just one of them left out it would be easier to swallow, but...

The pain....the pain of my comic heart continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . Yeah, Libby was never in the JSA, the only Liberty Belle in the JSA was Jesse.
    Actually, at some point in the last run I think Libby was considered a member as well.
    (Maybe in the last year or so before Flushpoint?)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

I concur with Mr Terrific, they need to go back to the classic Fair Play costume.

I'm really bumbed out that both Ted Grant and Pieter Cross are both off the team, as well as Sandman. If it was just one of them left out it would be easier to swallow, but...

All three of them missing but freaking Jade gets a spot. Ugh I really don’t like that character. Plus she’s incredibly redundant with Alan on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post

Once again, I'd like to remind people we've seen confirmation of a Golden Age Black Canary as a JSA member in the infinite Frontier special. She's in the center photo about the JSA disbanding in between Alan and Dr Midnight.

And that looks like it was based on this Darwyn Cooke artwork:
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 05-25-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hard agree on Michael Holt.

I miss Ted and Pieter too, but Beth and Yolanda got done so dirty in the past I'm glad they're getting another chance. Kind of torpedoes my Karen/Pieter ship but I was the only one rowing that boat so that's a bummer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

And that looks like it was based on this Darwyn Cooke artwork:
    That's because it is his art.

I'm excited. I've missed reading Power Girl, Jay, Alan, Stargirl and say many more. I'm getting my Mr. Terrific fix over in Strange Adventures but this will keep that gravy train rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, Mr. Terrific's costume is bad, but Hourman? I'm ready to enlist and go to war - no questions asked - over that $***.
    One can only hope DC repeats the lesson they learned with Power Girl's costume at the beginning of the nu52 and go back to earlier versions for Hourman and Mr. Terrific.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I'm still pulling for Ted and Pieter to appear even if they're not on the main team.

I mean, there's no way Ted's dead...

I’ve always wanted to see Yolanda’s Wildcat costume lose the claws and get the taped up hands like Ted had. Give her the fighter look. There’s already a pretty well known female character who wears a cat suit with cat claws on it.

Also, they have Alan wearing a tunic or something. Again it’s change for the sake of change.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-25-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ve always wanted to see Yolanda’s Wildcat costume lose the claws and get the taped up hands like Ted had. Give her the fighter look. There’s already a pretty well known female character who wears a cat suit with cat claws on it.

Also, they have Alan wearing a tunic or something. Again it’s change for the sake of change.
    It is, but like PG at the onset of N52 Worlds' Finest, they can change it back. I'll take a silly costume for a little while if it means they actually get published again.

Having Ted and Pieter show up as guests would be cool.

All three of them missing but freaking Jade gets a spot. Ugh I really don’t like that character. Plus she’s incredibly redundant with Alan on the team.
    All three missing makes it a harder sell for me.

I don't have anything against Jade, I just never got into her because I didn't read the original Infinity Inc, or Green Lantern when Kyle was headlining.....so I'd gladly swap her out for Ted, Pieter or Wesley, or Charles for that matter.

The comic seems to be a blend of JSA and Infinity Inc. members, to which I would say create an Infinity Inc comic....but I guess that's hard to do in today's shrinking market.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hard agree on Michael Holt.

I miss Ted and Pieter too, but Beth and Yolanda got done so dirty in the past I'm glad they're getting another chance. Kind of torpedoes my Karen/Pieter ship but I was the only one rowing that boat so that's a bummer. lol
    Agreed, his new costume is just so.....grey.

I'm a little more accepting of Beth and Yolanda now that I know there backstory a bit more. I never collected the original Infinity Inc. so I did not know they were part of that team, and looking them up on Fandom I was surprised to find I own old issues where they appear....as I have no recollection of them.

Which means I can't really complain about Pieter, though I grew accustomed to him from Robinson onwards, so I guess that's on DC, for slighting Beth.

Still it makes it a harder sell for me, if they included either just Pieter or Ted I'd probably still be doing a fist pump in the air, but right now I'm ...well not overtly excited about my fist pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, at some point in the last run I think Libby was considered a member as well.
    (Maybe in the last year or so before Flushpoint?)
    Yes, Libby was brought as a member of the JSA during Guggenheim's run (probably one of the few good things of that run).

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's because it is his art.
    It's been redrawn. The most obvious part is the sky behind Alan.

You mean Catwoman I assume. But since Yolanda has the claws in the Stargirl show, makes sense she keeps them in the comics too.

The comic seems to be a blend of JSA and Infinity Inc. members, to which I would say create an Infinity Inc comic....but I guess that's hard to do in today's shrinking market.
    They've no interest in marketing Infinity Inc. I mean, wouldn't it have made sense for the late 2000s JLA All-Stars team to be called that, and the team from Stargirl's TV show which uses the Wildcat and Doctor Mid-Nite first introduced in the Infinity Inc comics? Courtney is the legacy of the Star Spangled Kid, who founded Infinity Inc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Boisterously Confused

Different strokes I suppose. I actually like the new look for GL. As for Wildcat, it's in line with how Thomas created her, and I like the idea that she's not simply a Wildcat-knockoff

All three missing makes it a harder sell for me.

I don't have anything against Jade, I just never got into her because I didn't read the original Infinity Inc, or Green Lantern when Kyle was headlining.....so I'd gladly swap her out for Ted, Pieter or Wesley, or Charles for that matter.

One of the original goals of the Infinity, Inc. team was to gain acceptance from their older generation, the JSA. Over the past few decades, the younger heroes did much of that At this point, they are accepted as members in the JSA. I'm not sure a new Infinity, Inc. book accomplishes much except maintaining a copyright.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?