Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

October would make sense, November at the latest. It needs to be after the Infinite Frontier series ends, and doesn't that finish in October? Also, the second season of the Stargirl TV show runs from August to November. Would make sense to get both of Courtney's books (JSA and her solo book) running while the show is on air, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    October would make sense, November at the latest. It needs to be after the Infinite Frontier series ends, and doesn't that finish in October? Also, the second season of the Stargirl TV show runs from August to November. Would make sense to get both of Courtney's books (JSA and her solo book) running while the show is on air, right?
    Wait . . . you want DC to do something that makes sense?

That's just crazy talk!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    At this point, I'm convinced you're going to remain a constant source of misguided negativity here.
    "Realistic" = "misguided negativity"?

That's okay . . . just keep drinking that Geoff Johns / DC Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Realistic" = "misguided negativity"?

That's okay . . . just keep drinking that Geoff Johns / DC Kool-Aid.

Misguided negativity is harping on books YOU HAVEN'T READ and REFUSE TO READ. But the last dozen or so times you've been reminded of this haven't sunk in so it's unlikely anything will sink in. Maybe you should post on Youtube and burn copies of Doomsday Clock. I hear that's big among folks who haven't read those books either.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Heads up guys, Doctor Fate shows up in the Teen Titans Academy yearbook tomorrow.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/stit...spoilers-news/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heads up guys, Doctor Fate shows up in the Teen Titans Academy yearbook tomorrow.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/stit...spoilers-news/
    No offense, but could you put spoiler tags around spoilers? Some of us don’t want to be spoiled, by Bleeding Cool or others, and prefer to be surprised by reading the actual comic. By the time BC is through, there’s nothing to be surprised by anymore. DC spoils their own comics and that’s a shame but it’s unavoidable. Being spoiled by BC though is completely avoidable as long as posters don’t post them. I really didn’t want to know that Dr. Fate was in this issue but now I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    No offense, but could you put spoiler tags around spoilers? Some of us don’t want to be spoiled, by Bleeding Cool or others, and prefer to be surprised by reading the actual comic. By the time BC is through, there’s nothing to be surprised by anymore. DC spoils their own comics and that’s a shame but it’s unavoidable. Being spoiled by BC though is completely avoidable as long as posters don’t post them. I really didn’t want to know that Dr. Fate was in this issue but now I do.
    But just saying a character shows up somewhere isn't necessarily a "spoiler", and some people who aren't bothering with Teen Titans Academy may now want to buy that issue because of who shows up.

So it can go either way as to how much of a "spoiler" it really is.

But just saying a character shows up somewhere isn't necessarily a "spoiler", and some people who aren't bothering with Teen Titans Academy may now want to buy that issue because of who shows up.

So it can go either way as to how much of a "spoiler" it really is.
    It’s not like you’re going to buy anything but Batman/Scooby Doo. But if you want to make up your own mind on this basis, you could do that after the issue has come out and there’s no such thing as spoilers.

The main thing is that bleedingcool is a spoiler site. That’s what they do and that’s why I don’t visit the site. I don’t think it’s *ever* cool to quote them outside of spoiler tags.

Again, I wish I could have been surprised (which is what spoiler tags are for) and now I can’t be because that was taken away from me.

I’d hate to have to stop visiting this forum for the exact same reason I avoid BC. And come on, of course you don’t mind because you don’t read the dang comics anyway. You only read *about* them and then complain.

It’s not like you’re going to buy anything but Batman/Scooby Doo. But if you want to make up your own mind on this basis, you could do that after the issue has come out and there’s no such thing as spoilers.

The main thing is that bleedingcool is a spoiler site. That’s what they do and that’s why I don’t visit the site. I don’t think it’s *ever* cool to quote them outside of spoiler tags.

Again, I wish I could have been surprised (which is what spoiler tags are for) and now I can’t be because that was taken away from me.

I’d hate to have to stop visiting this forum for the exact same reason I avoid BC. And come on, of course you don’t mind because you don’t read the dang comics anyway. You only read *about* them and then complain.
    You didn't have to click on the link that would take you to the Bleeding Cool article.

All Digifiend revealed in that post was the Doctor Fate was appearing in that issue, and I don't think Doctor Fate's appearance is one of those last-page shock appearance deals.

Unless it's a surprise last page appearance or something similar, is a guest star appearance really considered spoiler worthy? Then again, if it WAS a surprise appearance that was unmentioned earlier, then yeah, cloak that description., but IMHO, something like this needs some sort of mention in a JSA thread as there may not be that much crossover between Titans and JSA fans.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

You didn't have to click on the link that would take you to the Bleeding Cool article.

All Digifiend revealed in that post was the Doctor Fate was appearing in that issue, and I don't think Doctor Fate's appearance is one of those last-page shock appearance deals.
    I didn’t click on the link. If it had only been a link I would have had a choice and wouldn’t be bothered at all. And this one isn’t such a big deal, it was more of an example because it happens everywhere too often and it would be really cool if people would use spoiler tags so it wouldn’t. How hard would it have been to instead say “Heads up, [spoiler] appears in this issue”? That wouldn’t take anything away from people that want to know or those that don’t.

With all the promotional press and BC and detective work that all winds up here before issues release, there are precious few actual surprises in the books themselves. Mostly all we learn that we haven’t already is the execution of things we already know about.

Anybody else remember picking up comics and being completely surprised? I know those days are over but “heads up, here’s a spoiler” certainly isn’t helping. And, honestly, what would anyone lose if that spoiler, large or small, we’re tagged as such? Absolutely nothing.

I didn’t click on the link. If it had only been a link I would have had a choice and wouldn’t be bothered at all. And this one isn’t such a big deal, it was more of an example because it happens everywhere too often and it would be really cool if people would use spoiler tags so it wouldn’t. How hard would it have been to instead say “Heads up, [spoiler] appears in this issue”? That wouldn’t take anything away from people that want to know or those that don’t . . .
    But then people wouldn't know who the post was referring to unless they clicked on the spoilers:
    spoiler
    end of spoilers, which might have defeated the whole purpose of posting that information here to give people notice that they might want to check out that issue if they're a fan of spoilers:
    Dr. Fate
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mock cover using Joe Kubert artwork.

JoeKubertJSA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Mock cover using Joe Kubert artwork.

And from All-Star Squadron #41 (January 1985),

from Justice League of America #100 (August 1972)