Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

From back in 1991, then present-day Superman almost encounters the Justice Society of America in 1943:

Instead, he does at least meet up with The Spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From back in 1991, then present-day Superman almost encounters the Justice Society of America in 1943:

Instead, he does at least meet up with The Spectre.
    I LOVE this story. IMHO, one of the best Superman sagas ever.

Peace

Incredible Member

‘Stargirl’: Ethan Embry To Reportedly Play Johnny Thunder In Season 2

https://flipboard.com/@mklopez/tv-s-...clecin********

It looks like another member of the original Justice Society of America will appear in season 2 of The CW’s Stargirl. According to Stargirl.TV, actor Ethan Embry has been tapped to play Johnny Thunder.

Created by John Wentworth and Stan Aschmeier in 1940, Johnny Thunder debuted in Flash Comics #1. The seventh son of a seventh son, born at 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, the seventh day of the week, the seventh day of the seventh month in 1917, Johnny was given the pink pen containing the genie-like Thunderbolt named Yz on his seven birthday. He would go on to have many adventures with Yz, even accidentally joining the JSA, where he became a valued member of the team.

While much of season 1 tried to convince fans that essentially all of the original JSA was dead, It was revealed in the season finale that Joel McHale’s Starman had survived. Given this, it seems possible that other members could have survived. So it’s possible Embry could appear in the present day or during flashbacks since his pen and Yz will be given to Jakeem Thunder this season.

That page cuts off the article in the first paragraph... what the hell, why can't we link to Full Circle Cinema?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I LOVE this story. IMHO, one of the best Superman sagas ever.

Peace
    Why is Superman's cape missing?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This was the post crisis era where Byrne had established that Superman's invulnerability was the result of a near skin-tight aura, and Martha Kent had sewn his costume from normal human materials rather than Kryptonian fabrics or artifacts. So while his tights almost never got a scratch, his cape frequently took a real beating. Seems like he'd lost it one or two time jumps earlier.

Incredible Member

That page cuts off the article in the first paragraph... what the hell, why can't we link to Full Circle Cinema?

It doesn't cut off if you click the read more button...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This was the post crisis era where Byrne had established that Superman's invulnerability was the result of a near skin-tight aura, and Martha Kent had sewn his costume from normal human materials rather than Kryptonian fabrics or artifacts. So while his tights almost never got a scratch, his cape frequently took a real beating. Seems like he'd lost it one or two time jumps earlier.
    Yeah, you'll also notice the darker tone of Superman's costume, a result of being caught in various explosion's, which, if I'm not mistaken (must be at least 20-25 years since I last read the story), was how he "traveled" through time. I liked this phase (the early days of the Triangle era), because it set some established limts to Superman's abilities, unlike in the Silver age, where he could basicaly do anything, but he was far from a wimp, having adventures through space and time. I miss those days. They were fun.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    It doesn't cut off if you click the read more button...
    Hence the second part of my post. I was going to say Lucas should've linked to that link, which leads to a different site - but the ema part breaks the link if you try to post it here, as it's censored with .com after it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-06-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This is the final week of filming Black Adam movie.

Hope we get some more news of the JSA's role in the movie and some images of the characters soon ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    This is the final week of filming Black Adam movie.
    "Filming" doesn't really mean as much as "editing" does for stuff like that.

Mighty Member

Anyone else have check out the latest issue of "Infinite Frontier"?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Yeah, congrats to DC having confusing canon this early on.

"These guys are missing!"

"Err, Damage, Wildcat II and Beth should all be dead."

Granted, I like all the characters and none of them should have been killed to start with, but it's still an odd thing to gloss over when 'all canon is canon, even Robin being Red X from the Titans cartoon'.

Also, we have Mr. T and Vandal Savage, both brilliant characters but I bet the cliffhanger for next issue will be the team realizing that the missing, minus Damage, are all from Infinity Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Yes I did and I’m really glad that a JSA story about them missing is because they’ve likely been actively kidnapped and it’s up to other JSA members to find them. I like that and hopefully this finally sets up a JSA series, I mean come on the line-up is literally all right there.

By the way two things.

1. By Jack, did they mean Jack knight?

2. So is Damage revived? He was on the lineup in Doomsday clock but it looked they treated him as Dead in Death Metal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    . . . I like that and hopefully this finally sets up a JSA series, I mean come on the line-up is literally all right there. . .
    All depends on if / when DC is willing to commit to a series and who would write it.

If it's Geoff Johns, then a line-up is there, but if it's another writer who gets it, then that writer might prefer a different line-up. (And after all, the line-up Geoff Johns has shown has never appeared together before in stories as a team, so I don't know how cast in stone it would be if somebody else is handling a future JSA series.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    All depends on if / when DC is willing to commit to a series and who would write it.

If it's Geoff Johns, then a line-up is there, but if it's another writer who gets it, then that writer might prefer a different line-up. (And after all, the line-up Geoff Johns has shown has never appeared together before in stories as a team, so I don't know how cast in stone it would be if somebody else is handling a future JSA series.)
    Normally I’d agree with you about the lineup, but considering that we’ve seen this exact cast of characters making up the JSA multiple times recently (Infinite Frontier, Flash, Stargirl) I’m a little confident that who we are seeing is more then likely the JSA plus or minus a few extras here or there (I want Khalid Nassour on the JSA personally).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.