Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ...And Green Lantern's omission is just plain odd. Has the JSA ever not had Alan on the team?
    Lantern was the second JSAer kicked upstairs in 1941, after All-Star Comics #7 when he got his own title (Flash was the first after #6). In the same issue, Hourman was dropped (referred to as taking a leave of absence), and they were replaced by Starman and Dr. Midnite in #8. He and the Flash returned to replace Starman and The Spectre in 1944's issue 24, and stayed until the title switched to a Western. So GL was gone for over 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would have prefered Liberty Belle over Black Canary to be honest.
    She might have seemed redundant with Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She might have seemed redundant with Wonder Woman.
    Dunno, Libby has also sonic blasts of energy (practically all websites and databases say that it's part of her powerset) and with all the push she had been given as a member of the JSA (that final page of Death metal with the JSA and that variant cover of the JSA), could have been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would normally agree with you on the idea that TV shows / movies aren't part of the comic book stories, so they can be different, but unfortunately comic books / DC has evolved to the point that many of the changes made for the TV shows / movies seem to then take the place in the comic book stoies of how those comic book stories had previously been. (The Supergirl comic book under Rebirth felt that way to me, and the idea that DC now seems to be making Diana-as-Wonder Woman have an active past in "Man's World" dating back to (at least) WWII in the comic book stories also seems to be kowtowing to the movies instead of what had been the comic book stories.)
    It's really not disputable that comics, cartoons, and live action do not feature the same versions of characters. You may not like the fact that some aspects of other media work their way into comics, but this has been going on since almost the beginning. Jimmy Olsen and Superman flying are aspects that started in non-comics media.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's really not disputable that comics, cartoons, and live action do not feature the same versions of characters. You may not like the fact that some aspects of other media work their way into comics, but this has been going on since almost the beginning. Jimmy Olsen and Superman flying are aspects that started in non-comics media.
    It's one thing when they add things that originated in other media, but I get annoyed more by outright replacing what was in the comic book stories with what was in the other media.

Dunno, Libby has also sonic blasts of energy (practically all websites and databases say that it's part of her powerset) and with all the push she had been given as a member of the JSA (that final page of Death metal with the JSA and that variant cover of the JSA), could have been interesting.
    Why doesn't Jesse have that then? She's meant to have all of her parents' powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are there any examples of Libby using her 'sonic powers'?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Canary is probably there so they can have another woman on the team (and not Ma Hunkel) and there might be a reason they didn't use Hawkgirl.
    I would have prefered Liberty Belle over Black Canary to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    OH, God, yes, please, keep him the hell away from them.

If they wanted a second female, I'd have prefered Hawkgirl.

Peace
    Why not all three?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was talking things over with Bored and it dawned on me how much I love The Flash Vol. 2 #161, a flashback tale to Jay's honeymoon featuring the JSA. They really felt like a band of brothers in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I was talking things over with Bored and it dawned on me how much I love The Flash Vol. 2 #161, a flashback tale to Jay's honeymoon featuring the JSA. They really felt like a band of brothers in that book.
    Such a great issue!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Are there any examples of Libby using her 'sonic powers'?
    it's not sonic powers like canary. the bell just enhanced her speed and strength.

Last edited by marshal88; 02-08-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it's not sonic powers like canary. the bell just enhanced her speed and strength.

But according to many sites, she also has sonic powers, even in Dark Knights Metal, was confirmed as Batman was making a list of dead hearoes to resurrect, he mentioned Libby's sonic powers, so it seems to be canon.

But according to many sites, she also has sonic powers, even in Dark Knights Metal, was confirmed as Batman was making a list of dead hearoes to resurrect, he mentioned Libby's sonic powers, so it seems to be canon.
    Towards the middle of the All-Star Squadron run (Arvell Jones was already the regular artist, as I recall), Belle's powers suffer a mutation and like a gigantic Liberty Bell ringing, she becomes able to fire waves of sonic vibration. I didn't care much for the change, as I hadn't appreciated much her change of attire, made, IMHO, even worse when she ditched the cape. For me, her original costume had a certain charm. The new one, especially minus the cape, was just bland. The general justification was that, as the All-Stars leader, she had to stand out more visually, and the new costume and sonic powers, were supposed to be a push in that direction. In my book, it was not a sucessful attempt.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Towards the middle of the All-Star Squadron run (Arvell Jones was already the regular artist, as I recall), Belle's powers suffer a mutation and like a gigantic Liberty Bell ringing, she becomes able to fire waves of sonic vibration. I didn't care much for the change, as I hadn't appreciated much her change of attire, made, IMHO, even worse when she ditched the cape. For me, her original costume had a certain charm. The new one, especially minus the cape, was just bland. The general justification was that, as the All-Stars leader, she had to stand out more visually, and the new costume and sonic powers, were supposed to be a push in that direction. In my book, it was not a sucessful attempt.

Peace
    Thanks for the info regarding the change of Libby's powers

Never been fond of the cape myself, so as Edna Mode says: "No capes!"

Was that run set in World War II? If so I assume Libby's powers simply later reverted to default (because the change wasn't popular?)... which would answer my question earlier about why Jesse didn't inherit it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman