Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was that run set in World War II? If so I assume Libby's powers simply later reverted to default (because the change wasn't popular?)... which would answer my question earlier about why Jesse didn't inherit it.
    Liberty Belle's power-up was set in WWII, and came relatively late in All-Star Squadron's run. I don't know that saw anybody take it up later (to include Robinson in Golden Age), so yeah, it may not have stuck beyond the original title's demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was that run set in World War II? If so I assume Libby's powers simply later reverted to default (because the change wasn't popular?)... which would answer my question earlier about why Jesse didn't inherit it.
    Yep. All-Star Squadron was set during WWII and on the original Earth 2 also. If I'm not mistaken, other then in that book, Belle also got to show her sonic powers in the COIE 12 issue maxi-series (mostly background shots, if at all. I might be misremembering the issues of All-Star Squadron the crossed-over with it). She also had the powers in the Young All-Stars series that replaced the All-Star Squadron book in the new continuity.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yep. All-Star Squadron was set during WWII and on the original Earth 2 also. If I'm not mistaken, other then in that book, Belle also got to show her sonic powers in the COIE 12 issue maxi-series (mostly background shots, if at all. I might be misremembering the issues of All-Star Squadron the crossed-over with it). She also had the powers in the Young All-Stars series that replaced the All-Star Squadron book in the new continuity.

Peace
    can't say i remember belle being that active in coie ,she was just married to johnny chambers during coie and was on earth-s n the ass tie-in.

Incredible Member

It looks like were getting some kind of momentum on the JSA from the Infinite Frontier event.

When our heroes saved the Multiverse from Perpetua in Dark Nights: Death Metal, everything was put back where it belonged...and we do mean everything. All the damage from all the Crises was undone, and heroes long thought gone returned from whatever exile they had been in. Most of them, at least. Alan Scott, the Green Lantern from the Justice Society of America, has noticed some of his allies are still missing in action, and he’s determined to find them.
    Take a look inside Director Bones personal database for stories featuring Jade and Obsidian, the children of the original Green Lantern; Psycho–Pirate, the scourge of many a Crisis on many an Earth
    I just have one question. Is Alan going to be searching for additional members of the JSA who weren't brought back with the Doomsday Clock team, or are they effectively calling redo on bringing back the JSA with IF and having him find people over again kind of like how Jesse Quick was with the team in DDC but Flash did it's own version of her return? If it's the former who could they be adding? And if it's later, why the extra trouble? I really liked the team from Doomsday Clock and felt it was already pretty complete. I'm also worried that if they're discarding it some of the members from there might be arbitrarily dropped. The team there was also already pretty big so if they're adding more members it might mean the eventual JSA book may be looking pretty crowded. What do you think might be going on?

I honestly don’t know who they could be looking for after all when they came back post Doomsday Clock members were still around like in the first few issues of Death Metal and are still around after in Jay Garrick, Stargirl, & Jakeem Thunder’s cases. The only thing I can truly think of are the following scenarios.

1. The JSA came back in doomsday clock but because of Death Metal they got severely misplaced because of crisis shenanigans putting the worlds back, ie some Earth 2 characters got put back on Earth-2 when the multiverse reformed.

2. Alan’s not looking for the current known JSA members, he’s looking for those lost to past crisis now that they remember. Meaning he’s looking to determine if any who died in zero hour are alive again or people like some members of Infinity Inc. or Black Canary’s mother who until now were lost and forgotten.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

There’s still one child of an original JSAer, that the previous runs never used.

Bring them freaking back and stop the constant teasing. This is just nonsense at this point.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There’s still one child of an original JSAer, that the previous runs never used.
    Willpower from Primal Force, correct? I've never understood the creative and/or editorial reluctance to acknowledge his existence, but then I don't recall ever seeing anybody being asked, in interviews or questions from fans, about why they would never acknowledge him. Did TPTB at DC secretly hate Primal Force? Was the response to Grant Morrison's pitch for creating J.J. Thunder, "Oh, that's so much better than that Willpower turd, let's forget all about him"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Bring them freaking back and stop the constant teasing. This is just nonsense at this point.
    Amen to that. It's stupidly annoying now. I'm sure that by the end this will lead to nothing and will be another middle finger from DC to JSA's fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Amen to that. It's stupidly annoying now. I'm sure that by the end this will lead to nothing and will be another middle finger from DC to JSA's fans.
    This make me wonder does DC ever know how to bring newer readers or going a nutshell to push them away.

Incredible Member

Ok, I decided to do a little research. For reference here's the team from Doomsay Clock.
    Atom Smasher
    Cyclone
    Damage
    Doctor Fate
    Doctor Midnight (Beth Chapel)
    The Flash (Jay Garrick)
    Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
    Hawkman
    Hourman (Rick Tyler)
    Jade
    Jakeem Thunder & Johnny Thunderbolt
    Liberty Belle/Jesse Quick
    Mr. Terrific
    Obsidian
    Power Girl
    Sand
    Stargirl
    S.T.R.I.P.E.
    Wildcat (Ted Grant)
    Wildcat (Yolanda Montez)

The last Hawkman series ended with Hawkwoman(Shiera Hall) being restored. So she would be an easy addition to the above. Dr. Fate is presumably out due JLD.

Members from the Pre-flashpoint team that would be MIA
    Dr. Midnight (Pieter Cross)
    Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson)
    Citizen Steel
    Judomaster
    Amazing Man
    Magog
    Mister America
    King Chimera
    Anna Fortune

Honestly, I'm not seeing any of these people returning as being a big draw. I'm just not seeing the point of delaying a JSA relaunch for them. The Doomsday Clock team covered all the essential basis pretty well and already has over a lot of members.

Other possibilities
    Fury (Lyta Trevor-Hall)
    Hector Hall
    Northwind
    We saw these three in a Infinity Inc photo in the JSA Headquarters in the Infinite Frontier special. Last we saw them pre-flashpoint, Hector and Lyta were rescued from hell by Daniel but they were stuck in the Dreaming. Northwind was in the Kingdom Come Hawkman design and I think he got killed when the Spectre attacked Kandaq in the lead up to Infinite Crisis. Obviously the shake ups in reality could have messed around with these things.

I want this too end well, but I can't help but to feel a little apprehensive about this. There really is no need for a plot about Alan trying to find lost members in a miniseries where it will be one of three or four plotlines when they could just launch a book with the team from Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Ok, I decided to do a little research. For reference here's the team from Doomsay Clock.
    Atom Smasher
    Cyclone
    Damage
    Doctor Fate
    Doctor Midnight (Beth Chapel)
    The Flash (Jay Garrick)
    Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
    Hawkman
    Hourman (Rick Tyler)
    Jade
    Jakeem Thunder & Johnny Thunderbolt
    Liberty Belle/Jesse Quick
    Mr. Terrific
    Obsidian
    Power Girl
    Sand
    Stargirl
    S.T.R.I.P.E.
    Wildcat (Ted Grant)
    Wildcat (Yolanda Montez)

The last Hawkman series ended with Hawkwoman(Shiera Hall) being restored. So she would be an easy addition to the above. Dr. Fate is presumably out due JLD.

Members from the Pre-flashpoint team that would be MIA
    Dr. Midnight (Pieter Cross)
    Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson)
    Citizen Steel
    Judomaster
    Amazing Man
    Magog
    Mister America
    King Chimera
    Anna Fortune

Honestly, I'm not seeing any of these people returning as being a big draw. I'm just not seeing the point of delaying a JSA relaunch for them. The Doomsday Clock team covered all the essential basis pretty well and already has over a lot of members.

Other possibilities
    Fury (Lyta Trevor-Hall)
    Hector Hall
    Northwind
    We saw these three in a Infinity Inc photo in the JSA Headquarters in the Infinite Frontier special. Last we saw them pre-flashpoint, Hector and Lyta were rescued from hell by Daniel but they were stuck in the Dreaming. Northwind was in the Kingdom Come Hawkman design and I think he got killed when the Spectre attacked Kandaq in the lead up to Infinite Crisis. Obviously the shake ups in reality could have messed around with these things.

I want this too end well, but I can't help but to feel a little apprehensive about this. There really is no need for a plot about Alan trying to find lost members in a miniseries where it will be one of three or four plotlines when they could just launch a book with the team from Doomsday Clock.
    Judomaster appeared in Doomsday Clock as a member of the Big Action team. And Magog appeared before as a villain in Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt they'll ever bring back the JSA. They've demonstrated their hatred for the concept time and again in that past decade and more. And they really aren't even teasing a comeback. I'm just about done with DC, and that took a lot of effort on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I doubt they'll ever bring back the JSA. They've demonstrated their hatred for the concept time and again in that past decade and more. And they really aren't even teasing a comeback. I'm just about done with DC, and that took a lot of effort on their part.
    Yep! My DC fandom died with, Flashpoint and the new 52. That is when all the characters I care for were either tossed into purgatory or completely shat upon. I don’t give a rip about the lame silver age characters that they continually shove down our throats.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member