Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Siryn or Wind Dancer
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

All-New Member

Nah, the real powerhouse is Rachel. Even Leah said it
    They are a powerful team with Northstar, Aurora, Rachel and Daken to be honest.
    I don't want Lorna to go but I would love to see Tommy as a member of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    while lorna doesn't really offer a lot of investigation skill from her power, as the last issue showed she is their powerhouse. without her the team is gonna be a lot more vulnerable in situations where they will have to fight. if she gets a replacement I think it needs to be someone relatively powerful.
    They have Rachel they are fine in the power house category, Plus Aurora and Northstar are pretty powerful together.

Anyways I'm pretty sure Leah Williams on Twitter has said Lorna isn't going anywhere

Screenshot_20210131-053517_Twitter.jpg
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-31-2021 at 03:36 AM.

No-one. Polaris will still be in the book, just not on the team - so that's still 7 characters who will get the most focus(counting Aurora too), plus we always have many guest characters like Shatterstar, Siryn, Academy X kids, etc. It's a lot, there won't really be an empty place to fill
    Be kind, it's FREE

I just want to add a little bit of context to the Williams tweet screencap (mainly for lurkers) since I think that tweet can look bad without the context. She was getting bombarded with tweets from certain accounts at the time, so phrasing about Gifted is largely a reaction to those tweets she was getting.

Anyway, since I'm already posting in the thread. I have no strong opinion on who should take Lorna's place if she gets to do other things, or if a character should. I think it would be a prime opportunity for another character not currently in use, and whose fans really want their fave on X-Factor, to have them added. It could also be just as good for letting all the other characters already there have more panel time. But I also don't read X-Factor and I'm not going to, so I don't have a stake in what's done to the team beyond wanting Lorna to be treated well any time she's used anywhere.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    SWAY!

If the purpose of X-Factor is to investigate mutant deaths, how could you go wrong with a mutant who can literally replay the past? The forgotten X-Men team need purpose (seems like Vulcan has a developing storyline in X-Men, Darwin is coming back next some from the Vault, and at least Petra showed up in New Mutants recently). I would really love to see underused X-Men find homes rather than them creating new characters/mutants.
    I second this. SO MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They have Rachel they are fine in the power house category, Plus Aurora and Northstar are pretty powerful together.

Anyways I'm pretty sure Leah Williams on Twitter has said Lorna isn't going anywhere

I'm more confused than ever now, even after figuring out that by "gifted" she meant "The Gifted".

I wouldn't mind seeing Threnody. Her powers have something to do with her feeding off the energy of dead or near dead people, and she can reanimate dead corpses. I think Leah could do something interesting with her character. Plus that costume is bananas and is due for an update.
    203ecade8dfe99b391be1703bd07f25b.jpg

Nature Girl.

My vote is for Jesse Bedlam. His powers are exactly what they need.

Firestar or Phantazia.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Threnody. Her powers have something to do with her feeding off the energy of dead or near dead people, and she can reanimate dead corpses. I think Leah could do something interesting with her character. Plus that costume is bananas and is due for an update.
    203ecade8dfe99b391be1703bd07f25b.jpg
    Oh! Threnody would be a good choice!

Also Wicked would also fit well.

Quote Originally Posted by ameri View Post
    I don't want Lorna to go but I would love to see Tommy as a member of X-Force.
    I would love this too, Tommy is such a great character and his interaction with Northstar recently was great. But, is it still the case that Wanda & Pietro aren't mutants? I personally hate that retcon but does it still stand? To the best of my knowledge it does. If so, is Tommy a mutant?
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Leah Williams is not the editor nor the head. Hickman calls the shots whether Leah likes it or not.

Mighty Member

I think the first runner-up to the poll should be in X-Factor to replace her. Leah might choose another character if she doesn't like the first runner-up which should be Sean.