Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Wicked would be great, she can bring back the spirits of the dead, a great way to develop an investigation.
    Uhm if she can bring back the spirits there is no investigation to be had and to compound on that the spirits can tell you what happen. She would be a bad choice for a book where you need some mystery to happen and she would make it pointless.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-22-2021 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhm if she can bring back the spirits there is no investigation to be had and to compound on that the spirits can tell you what happen. She would be a bad choice for a book where you need some mystery to happen and she would make it pointless.
    Counterpoint, while it does cut off some options, it's still possible to have investigation and mysteries with such a character around. Wicked talks to a spirit, the spirit says there was an attack but all they saw was a symbol before the attackers flew off in a helicopter, still need an investigation who the group was, where they went, and their motives and affiliations.

That's not considering if Wicked's power would make other characters on the team unnecessary though.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Wicked would be great, she can bring back the spirits of the dead, a great way to develop an investigation.

YES!! This is so obvious!!! She should definitely be on the team!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Wicked should have been one of the Five. Having someone who can pull souls back into the regenerated bodies would eliminate the need for anyone but Elixir, IMO. He fixes the body, she calls up the spirit and shoves it in. Boom. No need for Proteus, Hope, Tempus *or* Xavier/Cerebro (although Proteus, Hope and Tempus could still be useful).

But yeah, she's also a cool potential investigator. And there's a ton of narrative limits that can be placed on her power to make it not overwhelming. Spirits can lie. Spirits can be *wrong.* They can remember things falsely (killed by a shapechanger, *thinks* she was killed by X, it was really Y). And spirits can be summoned or bound or even destroyed by other people, including some Krakoan folk like Selene, but also including various other mystical threats.

And they could even address the sketchy corner-case of someone who doesn't *want* to come back. Jay Guthrie, for instance. Kinda hated being a mutant. And now he's just sort of back, but how he *feels* about that hasn't been addressed. Did Xavier edit out his depression and self-loathing and more or less create a new person entirely to inhabit 'Jay Guthries' body? Or is he stewing in mutant-hate and wanting to burn it all down? Someone like Wicked, able to communicate with someone *before* they are resurrected could answer the question of whether they *want* to come back, or, if, like Season 7 Buffy, they are happier where they are in the afterlife.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was drawing blanks but I like the idea of Wicked, Threnody and Caliban. Sorry, every time someone mentions a new underused character and how he/she can have a specific use... I couldn't decide.

Layla Miller. Miss her and I don't think we have seen her on Krakoa yet?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I was drawing blanks but I like the idea of Wicked, Threnody and Caliban.
    I feel like I haven't seen Threnody in the comics in ages. When was her most recent appearance?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    YES!! This is so obvious!!! She should definitely be on the team!
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wicked should have been one of the Five. Having someone who can pull souls back into the regenerated bodies would eliminate the need for anyone but Elixir, IMO. He fixes the body, she calls up the spirit and shoves it in. Boom. No need for Proteus, Hope, Tempus *or* Xavier/Cerebro (although Proteus, Hope and Tempus could still be useful).

But yeah, she's also a cool potential investigator. And there's a ton of narrative limits that can be placed on her power to make it not overwhelming. Spirits can lie. Spirits can be *wrong.* They can remember things falsely (killed by a shapechanger, *thinks* she was killed by X, it was really Y). And spirits can be summoned or bound or even destroyed by other people, including some Krakoan folk like Selene, but also including various other mystical threats.

And they could even address the sketchy corner-case of someone who doesn't *want* to come back. Jay Guthrie, for instance. Kinda hated being a mutant. And now he's just sort of back, but how he *feels* about that hasn't been addressed. Did Xavier edit out his depression and self-loathing and more or less create a new person entirely to inhabit 'Jay Guthries' body? Or is he stewing in mutant-hate and wanting to burn it all down? Someone like Wicked, able to communicate with someone *before* they are resurrected could answer the question of whether they *want* to come back, or, if, like Season 7 Buffy, they are happier where they are in the afterlife.
    Yes she can bring a lot of different experiences about death and being a mutant. She herself was one of Genosha survivors whose power constantly made her remember the dead of her parents still she got better at using them until she lost them during decimation. If she somehow got them back and she´s living in Krakoa, she definitely is of a different mind than being an X-person or a villain mutant person, she´s her own person and of course she understands how difficult mutant powers can be while still being happy to have them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Wrong thread...meant got the unpopular opinion one...
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-24-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

Scanner or Unuscione maybe. Just want some more of the Acolytes out there but Scanner is a good choice and way underused.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Charles can be manipulative and he has been called off for that a lot of times but he´s not self serving, I would say he´s more the "For the greater good" kind of people, just like Reed Richards and Tony Stark are seen as futurists, this can sometimes send them to a bad place even when it´s not their intention. He also has his dark-side, which you could argue is a result of always trying to suppress the bad parts of himself. The X-men respect him not because he´s perfect but for what he did for them when they needed help and still not all mutants see him the same way the X-men do, I would say his character has a lot of nuance.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I feel like I haven't seen Threnody in the comics in ages. When was her most recent appearance?
    Not since M Day. Don't know her exact last appearance.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Of all the options given by others before, I think my favorite would be HUB as well, that would be fantastic.

Most likely it will be Teresa though and I bet they go with her to fill the gap.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Charles can be manipulative and he has been called off for that a lot of times but he´s not self serving, I would say he´s more the "For the greater good" kind of people, just like Reed Richards and Tony Stark are seen as futurists, this can sometimes send them to a bad place even when it´s not their intention. He also has his dark-side, which you could argue is a result of always trying to suppress the bad parts of himself. The X-men respect him not because he´s perfect but for what he did for them when they needed help and still not all mutants see him the same way the X-men do, I would say his character has a lot of nuance.
    Sorry..wrong thread...putting in unpopular opinion one..

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Not since M Day. Don't know her exact last appearance.

Threnody actually co-starred in that Deadpool: Assassin mini from a couple years back.