Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

I wonder if Fate (Jared Stevens) will have a relevant role in this episode, considering his previous actions.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

So I figured I'd trade wait all the Justice Incarnate stuff and haven't read any of the mini's. But I wanted to ask, what' the deal with Doc Multiverse? Powers, origin, etc?

I found a basic rundown on Bleeding Cool that covers the basics (earth 8 astronaut, multi-vision, energy blasts, flight, defense system made by the multiverse itself, apparently) but is there anything else we've learned yet?

And is she supposed to be a riff on a Marvel character? I get a vague Starbrand vibe here....
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-18-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So I figured I'd trade wait all the Justice Incarnate stuff and haven't read any of the mini's. But I wanted to ask, what' the deal with Doc Multiverse? Powers, origin, etc?

I found a basic rundown on Bleeding Cool that covers the basics (earth 8 astronaut, multi-vision, energy blasts, flight, defense system made by the multiverse itself, apparently) but is there anything else we've learned yet?

And is she supposed to be a riff on a Marvel character? I get a vague Starbrand vibe here....

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Lol not quite. She’s an expy of Captain Universe from Hickman’s Avengers run.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ah, that tracks. The Captain Marvel expy is "Major Max", I believe, in reference to "Major Comics" being the stand-in for Marvel Comics. And Major Max's unseen nemesis is presumable Thanos expy "Janus the Everyway Man;" can't help but wish that we'd gotten to see him back in the Multiversity days... oh well!

Just popping into the President Superman thread to say how much I enjoy his lookalike the Superman of "Earth-D" in the "Justice League Infinity" series! What a fun character; he describes the outline of a whole 20th century history that I would love to see in more detail!

FGHqGu_XMAQ6fKy.jpg
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ah of course, Captain Universe!

I always forget that's a thing, until it pops up somewhere.

Man I miss Hickman's Avengers. Not a traditional Avengers run, but it was the best Justice League run I've read in years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ah of course, Captain Universe!

I always forget that's a thing, until it pops up somewhere.

Man I miss Hickman's Avengers. Not a traditional Avengers run, but it was the best Justice League run I've read in years.
    His Hyperion was a very interesting take on Superman to say the least
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Glad I wasn’t just seeing things, I hope the two of them do end up together, they’re cute. Calvin needs someone to help him loosen up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wonder if Fate (Jared Stevens) will have a relevant role in this episode, considering his previous actions.
    He does show up I can tell you that much!

That was fun. Crap I'm questioning my decision to trade wait this......

And I already like Doc Multiverse. Definitely seeing some Carol in there.

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Glad I wasn’t just seeing things, I hope the two of them do end up together, they’re cute. Calvin needs someone to help him loosen up!

He does show up I can tell you that much!
    I get they are trying to repair the damage but Flashpoint Thomas will always come off as a dick now. I miss Earth-2 Thomas, at least he was honest about being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I get they are trying to repair the damage but Flashpoint Thomas will always come off as a dick now. I miss Earth-2 Thomas, at least he was honest about being a dick.
    Flashpoint Thomas was always a dick and I don’t think they’ve shied away from that? In IF Thomas talks about how ashamed he was for fucking up Bruce’s life. Earth 2 Thomas’ backstory was simply too stupid for me to ever accept, I loathed the character for being a blatant attempt at copying the popularity of Flashpoint Batman. I do like how Calvin and Thomas play off each other, Calvin is at risk of sacrificing his personal life for “the mission” with Thomas nudging him towards seizing whatever personal bits of happiness Calvin can find.