Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Calvin Ellis aka President Superman Appreciation 2021

As someone who has been showing up a lot more since his first appearance in Final Crisis, and who apparently has a big role to play in Infinite Frontier in March, I think it is time that we give the president of united states of earth-23 his due. Meet Calvin Ellis, leader of the Justice Incarnate and Superman to the multiverse.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It was about time.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Would love to see John Ridley write him given his work on The Other History. Apparently Calvin’s appearance in Infinite Frontier will be tied into what’s going to happen with the Flash Family.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

One of DC's greatest alternate Supermen. Wish Justice Incarnate was getting a mini instead of Crime Syndicate, but alas. Perhaps one day.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I love that one of the character's inspirations is Muhammad Ali.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Looks like our guy may be getting a book. Spoilers for Infinite Frontier:
    spoilers:
    Barry is going to join Justice Incarnate, Calvin’s Multiversal team. I would not be surprised at all if that meant Williamson ended up writing a Justice Incarnate book.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    spoilers:
    Barry is going to join Justice Incarnate, Calvin’s Multiversal team. I would not be surprised at all if that meant Williamson ended up writing a Justice Incarnate book.
    end of spoilers
    I’d be down for this, sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Calvin deserved a book for years now, and it would keep up with the promise of calling the relaunch a 'infinite frontier'.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Calvin deserved a book for years now, and it would keep up with the promise of calling the relaunch a 'infinite frontier'.
    The dream for me would be to get John Ridley to write him, but I’d happily take a Justice Incarnate book with him as the leader if that’s in the pipeline.

I'd buy a book starring this guy any day. There are so many interesting stories you can tell with him, the possibilities are nearly endless. IMO, he is far superior as a character to Bland Teen Jon (a low bar, I know) who is two-dimensional at best whereas Ellis is deliciously multifaceted.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The dream for me would be to get John Ridley to write him, but I’d happily take a Justice Incarnate book with him as the leader if that’s in the pipeline.
    Please just give John Ridley a Superman project. I don't care which, but Calvin would definitely be a buy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Please just give John Ridley a Superman project. I don't care which, but Calvin would definitely be a buy from me.
    Same for me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same for me.
    Every time I read Other History of the DC Universe he starts by taking a big dump on Clark and every time he pulls it back with "ah-hah, you thought I hated Superman but check it out I get him like few do."

I'm convinced he likes him, even if Clark may not be his favorite, but I'm eager to see his take on a Man of Steel proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    One can only hope. He's ca must buy for me as well!

What do you prefer: A title of Justice Incarnate with Calvin Ellis as lead and exploring other earths or a book set on earth 23?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin