Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah, makes sense since the DCAU “proper” isn’t part of the comic DC Multiverse. Earth-D Superman was I believe technically the “first” black Superman, created by Wolfman, so that designation works fine.
    The first black Superman was Sunshine Superman!! Why, why, why everrybody forgets him? ...sob, sob, sob...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Damn I can’t wait to get this
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Lighter on Calvin content in this issue, but we got some cool moments with Calvin here.

I loved Machinehead being his Metallo!

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Lighter on Calvin content in this issue, but we got some cool moments with Calvin here.

I loved Machinehead being his Metallo!
    Yeah that was great! I wonder how metanite is different from kryptonite?

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Yeah that was great! I wonder how metanite is different from kryptonite?
    Might get answers next issue or in Justice Incarnate. They’ve done a lot of fleshing out of Calvin’s world lately so I do think there’s a good chance we’ll get more worldbuilding with regards to Calvin. Hm you know I just remembered, in that Secret Files issue there’s a panel where Calvin and his Earth parents pray to Rao via communing with what looks like green Kryptonite. Wonder if that means more than it seemed at the time.

You know, it intrigues me. Why the kryptonite from different realtiies doesn't affect Superman from each reality. Under that same principle, the Superman from each earth could not still having powers in other unvierse.
    Just a random thought.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You know, it intrigues me. Why the kryptonite from different realtiies doesn't affect Superman from each reality. Under that same principle, the Superman from each earth could not still having powers in other unvierse.
    Just a random thought.
    I remember that Clark felt “weaker”/off while in the Marvel universe during that JLA/Avengers crossover by Busiek & Perez. The sun felt “oily” to him and he complained about it. It would be neat to see that brought back with regards to how the different Supermen react to different universes suns, some being stronger than normal under yellow depending on the universe, others being weaker.

One Million Superman was rapidly losing powers when in the present due to sun being different.

As for kryptonite, how old is this idea? I was always under assumption that Johns invented it for Infinite Crisis to justify why nobody can deal with Superboy.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

We really need an Earth 23 Superman ongoing. He's more than interesting enough to support his own title.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    One Million Superman was rapidly losing powers when in the present due to sun being different.

As for kryptonite, how old is this idea? I was always under assumption that Johns invented it for Infinite Crisis to justify why nobody can deal with Superboy.
    I think the concept did originate with Johns.
    Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    We really need an Earth 23 Superman ongoing. He's more than interesting enough to support his own title.
    That’s what I’ve been saying! Thomas did such a great job with the Secret Files issue I’d love to see him write a mini or a series. Maybe after Justice Incarnate.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It would be in DC's best interest to generate enough Calvin Ellie solo material to be able to release a TPB by the time the Coates written movie gets released.

I remember that Clark felt “weaker”/off while in the Marvel universe during that JLA/Avengers crossover by Busiek & Perez. The sun felt “oily” to him and he complained about it. It would be neat to see that brought back with regards to how the different Supermen react to different universes suns, some being stronger than normal under yellow depending on the universe, others being weaker.
    To be precise, Superman defined the sun as "greasy", but it was in the moment when both worlds were in a forced fusion. (Issue 3, yeah, spoilers, but for a book published 18 years ago, so get off) And in that moment everything was screwed, not only sun light. In his previous visit (visits?) to the Marvel Universe, Superman never felt any difference in the sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Again, to be precise, the powers of Kal Kent (Superman 1M) comes from Superman Prime himself (the golden version), who resides on the sun. Is the absecense of that Superman what made Superman 1M loses his powers at a higher rate.

Indeed it seems have originated with Johns.

Back on topic, that scene between Machinehead and Calvin could be interpreted as than Calvin is acting as the Hyperion to DC's Iron Man.

Did Hyperion and Iron Man interact that much? I don’t think they ever spoke during Hickman’s Avengers run. I was thinking moreso that perhaps Willamson was influenced by how Cap and Iron Man came to blows over Tony “betraying” the team, especially since Machinehead has built his own “team” to “save” the Multiverse.

I'm more intrigued about how earth 8 could had been darkened. I suppose than eventually Doctor Multiverse will give an answer.