Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know the only way out is being banned. Don't front.
    Or the forums getting rebooted again lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Or the forums getting rebooted again lol
    I'm hoping I'm younger in our next reboot.

Nice to see you posting back in the Superman forums again, but also sad because I thought you had finally escaped

Definitely should keep our eyes out for upcoming book announcements, they might provide clues as to which of the two major black Supermen WB chooses. Poor Sunshine Superman never stood a chance lol.
    Ha! No, no escape for me, I just fell way behind on reading and only recently got caught up, so I haven't had anything to say.

And while the two obvious choices are Ellis and Val, this could be black Clark Kent, or someone new, or who knows what? It might be long odds but don't give up on Sunshine Superman yet; he hasn't given up on you!

If it's Ellis, I will *have* to see the movie, no matter how much I know it's statistically likely to be a poor film. And I want, nay demand, Obama to cameo as Ellis' Kryptonian father.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm hoping I'm younger in our next reboot.
    If I get rebooted I hope they keep my history undefined and contradictory; I want my fans to argue about whether the Banning of Ascended story still happened in the new continuity.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ha! No, no escape for me, I just fell way behind on reading and only recently got caught up, so I haven't had anything to say.

And while the two obvious choices are Ellis and Val, this could be black Clark Kent, or someone new, or who knows what? It might be long odds but don't give up on Sunshine Superman yet; he hasn't given up on you!

If it's Ellis, I will *have* to see the movie, no matter how much I know it's statistically likely to be a poor film. And I want, nay demand, Obama to cameo as Ellis' Kryptonian father.

If I get rebooted I hope they keep my history undefined and contradictory; I want my fans to argue about whether the Banning of Ascended story still happened in the new continuity.
    Oh, you better believe I'll be spreading misinformation. Unless I get banned first. Between the two of us, I think I play the heel better.

Extraordinary Member

We never did see Calvin’s “Supergirl” did we?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We never did see Calvin’s “Supergirl” did we?
    I don't think he had a Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't recall one either.

Does anyone know if he had one?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    We never saw one but then we haven’t really explored Calvin’s world. We know he has a Steel though:

So it’s possible he has equivalents to other Superfamily members.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-01-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/...537400320?s=21

Coincidence that DC tweets out a link to the first appearance of Calvin after that announcement last week? I don’t think so

I love the idea of someone casual trying to dive into Final Crisis though. I remember my first time reading it, I was still mostly a casual too, picked it up because of that cool Ross cover and Morrison’s name. It was... not what I expected lol.

As expected there are some pretty strong hints about a Justice Incarnate book coming:

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/...537400320?s=21

Coincidence that DC tweets out a link to the first appearance of Calvin after that announcement last week? I don’t think so

I love the idea of someone casual trying to dive into Final Crisis though. I remember my first time reading it, I was still mostly a casual too, picked it up because of that cool Ross cover and Morrison’s name. It was... not what I expected lol.
    I just broke out my miracle machine to make this happen...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I just broke out my miracle machine to make this happen...
    And the people of earth thank you for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As expected there are some pretty strong hints about a Justice Incarnate book coming:
    Yes.
    Now, if Barry allen is so gentle to stay away for twenty years or die on earth omega and stay dead for thirty years...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes.
    Now, if Barry allen is so gentle to stay away for twenty years or die on earth omega and stay dead for thirty years...
    Let me guess - you're a Wally West fan over Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes.
    Lmao I’m expecting Barry to be our in on the Justice Incarnate book when/if it gets announced. He’s the obvious POV character for the audience.