Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao I’m expecting Barry to be our in on the Justice Incarnate book when/if it gets announced. He’s the obvious POV character for the audience.
    Wouldn’t be surprised by that at all, especially with him being a part of the upcoming Infinite Frontier mini focusing on the Justice Incarnate, JSA, the Totality, and Darkseid
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Let me guess - you're a Wally West fan over Barry?
    Gasp! How did you knew?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Gasp! How did you knew?
    Because Barry and Wally fans keep desiring the other Flash to die so their Flash may be the one true Flash. Which, as an outsider, looks like an annoying fight.

https://twitter.com/mitchgerads/stat...387234307?s=21

Gerads is doing something with Calvin in it. Strange Adventures or something else?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/mitchgerads/stat...387234307?s=21

Gerads is doing something with Calvin in it. Strange Adventures or something else?
    He's doing the covers for the Infinite Frontier event out in June, Calvin Ellis is in it with Barry Allen handling the whole Darkseid thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey look who is in front on the covers for June.

https://www.gamesradar.com/infinite-...debut-in-june/
    Words to live by.

God damn that sick! Give my guy a Justice Incarnate ongoing DC!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wish they'd still model his face off of Ali like in Final Crisis. Hell he doesn't even look much like Obama anymore here which Morrison and Gene Ha worked in somewhat in Action Vol 2. But the Muhammed Ali look was the best.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-18-2021 at 12:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wish they'd still model his face off of Ali like in Final Crisis. Hell he doesn't even look much like Obama anymore here which Morrison and Gene Ha worked in somewhat in Action Vol 2. But the Muhammed Ali look was the best.
    Damn I didn’t know they used Ali as the model for Calvin in Final Crisis. That’s a cool nod to when they considered Ali for the Superman movie (kind of an odd choice since I don’t think he had any acting experience). I remember his hair being “whitewashed” which I was not a fan of, and was glad they fixed that in the New 52. And not really a surprise that they’ve moved on from Obama

BANNED

That infinite frontier cover looks gorgeous

Damn I didn’t know they used Ali as the model for Calvin in Final Crisis. That’s a cool nod to when they considered Ali for the Superman movie (kind of an odd choice since I don’t think he had any acting experience). I remember his hair being “whitewashed” which I was not a fan of, and was glad they fixed that in the New 52. And not really a surprise that they’ve moved on from Obama
    Yup, Morrison confirmed he was based largely on him. You can definitely tell looking back. Although sometimes they tried to give him the spit curl and that really wasn't working, I think that might be what you mean by remembering "whitewashing" the hair? But yeah that as the inspiration there, then by the time Action vol 2 came around and Morrison wanted to use him again, I guess the synergy of Obama was too good to pass up on at the time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yup, Morrison confirmed he was based largely on him. You can definitely tell looking back. Although sometimes they tried to give him the spit curl and that really wasn't working, I think that might be what you mean by remembering "whitewashing" the hair? But yeah that as the inspiration there, then by the time Action vol 2 came around and Morrison wanted to use him again, I guess the synergy of Obama was too good to pass up on at the time.
    Yeah they tried to give him the spitcurl and it just didn’t look right.

I would also keep an eye out for the Infinite Frontier: Secret Files digital series/June One-shot. Sounds like Calvin is going to have a story in that. Also I like this description "President Superman, the Mutliverse’s ultimate beacon of hope"
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Good time to be a Calvin Ellis fan!

"Infinite Frontier (2021) #1: Secret Files
    Director Bones opens up his classified records to give us all new stories about the players in INFINITE FRONTIER. First up, President Superman from Earth 23, asking the question: can the hero who has time for everyone ever find time for himself?"

Out Digitally April 18th, $1.99

Written by Brandon Thomas & Joshua Williamson

Art by Valentine De Landro

Cover by Bryan Hitch & Alex Sinclair

https://www.comixology.com/Infinite-...9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

my only question is, how does Bones have a file on someone from another earth?
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-09-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    Words to live by.