Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    "Infinite Frontier (2021) #1: Secret Files
    Director Bones opens up his classified records to give us all new stories about the players in INFINITE FRONTIER. First up, President Superman from Earth 23, asking the question: can the hero who has time for everyone ever find time for himself?"

Out Digitally April 18th, $1.99

Written by Brandon Thomas & Joshua Williamson

Art by Valentine De Landro

Cover by Bryan Hitch & Alex Sinclair

https://www.comixology.com/Infinite-...9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

my only question is, how does Bones have a file on someone from another earth?
    Sweet Brandon Thomas writing Calvin! He’s done a great job on all the DC stuff I’ve read from him so far.

Honestly once you become aware of the Multiverse it makes sense to start keeping an eye on the people of these other Earths, especially if you’re a paranoid hard ass like Bones. Potential threats come in all shapes and sizes after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"Infinite Frontier (2021) #1: Secret Files
    Director Bones opens up his classified records to give us all new stories about the players in INFINITE FRONTIER. First up, President Superman from Earth 23, asking the question: can the hero who has time for everyone ever find time for himself?"

Out Digitally April 18th, $1.99

Written by Brandon Thomas & Joshua Williamson

Art by Valentine De Landro

Cover by Bryan Hitch & Alex Sinclair

https://www.comixology.com/Infinite-...9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

my only question is, how does Bones have a file on someone from another earth?
    Looking good, this will be a definite buy for me. I love me some President Sups.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hey look who it is fighting a giant mecha version of Brianiac

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...39888233545730
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I’m very intrigued, I hope Williamson remembered that Brainiac served Calvin at one point:

This presents some interesting possibilities here. Did Calvin pull a Red Son and reprogram Brainiac to serve him? Or are they going with a spin on the DCAU take where Brainiac is a Kryptonian AI that rebels? One of the low-key themes Calvin embodies is that there’s uncertainty about whether he’s a Superman who has gone too far or not. Him reprogramming Brainiac would raise all sorts of ethical issues that I’d be interested to see explored, but I also like Calvin as a more proactive Superman who doesn’t fall into the typical evil cliches about said proactiveness, so so I’m unsure if that’s the right way to take him. Either way I love the art and I’m excited to see Earth 23 get explored more!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m not 100% sure how it works with other multiverse worlds, but isn’t the Calvin Ellis we have now different from the initial one we had in Final Crisis?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I’m not 100% sure how it works with other multiverse worlds, but isn’t the Calvin Ellis we have now different from the initial one we had in Final Crisis?
    Appearance wise yes, they redesigned him. But otherwise Brainiac was still a part of how he worked Post-Flashpoint:

He was an AI that served Calvin, so if Williamson isn’t changing that then perhaps we’re getting something similar to the DCAU where Brainiac rebelled against Jor-El.

I think people are going to like Calvin in Secret Files #1 today, also they do explain Brainiac and its actually a big part of the story in a way.
    Words to live by.

I think people are going to like Calvin in Secret Files #1 today, also they do explain Brainiac and its actually a big part of the story in a way.
    I can’t wait to read it. Unfortunately ComiXology has **** the bed and I can’t read it for some reason. Sent an email to the support side, hopefully it’s fixed by tomorrow since I’m guessing everybody’s off since it’s the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can’t wait to read it. Unfortunately ComiXology has **** the bed and I can’t read it for some reason. Sent an email to the support side, hopefully it’s fixed by tomorrow since I’m guessing everybody’s off since it’s the weekend.
    Yeah, me too. Hopefully, it'll be fixed soon.

Guess I got lucky that I read it this morning then, sorry to hear that and best of luck.
    Words to live by.

Guess I got lucky that I read it this morning then, sorry to hear that and best of luck.
    It is working for me at least now. I'm reading it as we speak.

Tried again. I get another error code at checkout. Sent another email to support, ugh. Never had this happen before.

Tried again. I get another error code at checkout. Sent another email to support, ugh. Never had this happen before.
    Sorry to hear that. It is one hell of an issue. A great read. I enjoyed it a lot.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Appearance wise yes, they redesigned him. But otherwise Brainiac was still a part of how he worked Post-Flashpoint:

He was an AI that served Calvin, so if Williamson isn’t changing that then perhaps we’re getting something similar to the DCAU where Brainiac rebelled against Jor-El.
    I love how the artists are just making him look like Muhammad Ali.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

“We don’t know what’s wrong, might be a problem with your account, have you tried logging in and out again?” wow thank you for that awesome advice ComiXology support. Ugh. If it was day and date on DC Universe I could just buy a month sub there and read the new Calvin issue, plenty of other DC stuff I’d like to read also up there to justify a month’s worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I love how the artists are just making him look like Muhammad Ali.
    Especially when you know Ali was on the shortlist for the Donner Superman film (did Ali ever act? I don’t know why he was considered beyond the sheer spectacle of it). I bet Calvin is one hell of a boxer