Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Has it ever been revealed if the US of Earth-23 ever passed a constitutional amendment that allows Ellis to actually be the President legally?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Has it ever been revealed if the US of Earth-23 ever passed a constitutional amendment that allows Ellis to actually be the President legally?
    Not that I know of. But addressing such would make for a great political allegory storyline about the unfairness of such a system and how it is anti-merit-based (a brilliant person could immigrate here as a six-month-old and not qualify whereas their dumb-ass sibling born a year later would qualify).
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-19-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Not that I know of. But addressing such would make for a great political allegory storyline about the unfairness of such a system and how it is anti-merit-based (a brilliant person could immigrate here as a six-month-old and not qualify whereas their dumb-ass sibling born a year later would qualify).
    Sure, but it would make more sense for Ellis to have made sure the system was actually changed with an amendment before running for office. Otherwise, he'd be swearing an oath to uphold a Constitution he was actually violating.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “We don’t know what’s wrong, might be a problem with your account, have you tried logging in and out again?” wow thank you for that awesome advice ComiXology support. Ugh. If it was day and date on DC Universe I could just buy a month sub there and read the new Calvin issue, plenty of other DC stuff I’d like to read also up there to justify a month’s worth.

Especially when you know Ali was on the shortlist for the Donner Superman film (did Ali ever act? I don’t know why he was considered beyond the sheer spectacle of it). I bet Calvin is one hell of a boxer
    He did some guest starring roles but got to play the lead in two films.

A 1977 biopic on his career called: The Greatest.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

He then he co-starred a 1979 historical drama mini-series alongside country star and actor Kris Kristofferson called Freedom Road.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

He also voiced himself in his own cartoon show titled The Adventures of Muhammad Ali that aired for only 13 episodes in 1977.

I just read some New 52 issues with Calvin in them. I really enjoyed his character. It was the most fun of the New 52 Superman and Action comics issues I have read so far
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read some New 52 issues with Calvin in them. I really enjoyed his character. It was the most fun of the New 52 Superman and Action comics issues I have read so far
    That's a rather low bar.

All jokes aside, Calvin's New 52 issues rocked and were a highlight for me too.

Well, the majority of Grant Morrison's run on Action Comics was really good.

A2DE4A6F-DA23-4643-8C95-45A7097CDD0A.jpg
    This really sucks guess I just hope it’s fixed by tomorrow? Wish they had released the new issue on Tues, maybe that would’ve avoided the problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    He did some guest starring roles but got to play the lead in two films.

A 1977 biopic on his career called: The Greatest.
    He then he co-starred a 1979 historical drama mini-series alongside country star and actor Kris Kristofferson called Freedom Road.
    He also voiced himself in his own cartoon show titled The Adventures of Muhammad Ali that aired for only 13 episodes in 1977.

Had no idea, thanks for sharing!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Finally got access to the story and I loved it! They didn’t forget about Brainiac having once served Calvin, it went rogue because a future version of it sent a virus back in time ala Skynet lmao. This was such a cool little tease about what life is like on Earth 23, I hope it’s not the last time we explore it
    -Earth 23 has three moons
    -The Ellises are Raoists? I’m very curious to know more about that! Did they convert because of Calvin or was it something else?
    -Earth 23 has Black Martians either in addition to or replacing the Green, Red, and White variants we’re used to seeing
    -Looks like they chose to use the Busiek/Johns Kryptonite Man take, interesting, I wonder why that one over the Clay Ramses one?
    -Jimmy Olsen is Vice President
    -The “Margin”, the whole concept is interesting. A Superman that goes to heal in complete darkness is an interesting twist on what you expect
    Overall I thought it was great, I want to see more!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Glad you were able to finally read the issue, I agree this issue is really enjoyable and it also makes me think that Brandon Thomas could make for an excellent Superman writer.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Glad you were able to finally read the issue, I agree this issue is really enjoyable and it also makes me think that Brandon Thomas could make for an excellent Superman writer.
    If you haven’t already go read the Man of Tomorrow issue he wrote. Thomas definitely deserves a mini or extended run on Superman, any of his variants, rather than be wasted on Gotham. He’s very good, clearly understands the core of the character, while also knowing how to bring some big ideas to the table that show Superman doing cool stuff. Very curious to know who came up with what for this issue.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see more of Calvin's life before he became president and his Earth in general. Today's issue was an excellent glimpse into his current lifestyle, but it left me curious about the world he inhabits. How did Markovia of all places wind up as the USA's greatest ally.

I'm going to guess he doesn't have a Supergirl yet.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I would love to see more of Calvin's life before he became president and his Earth in general. Today's issue was an excellent glimpse into his current lifestyle, but it left me curious about the world he inhabits. How did Markovia of all places wind up as the USA's greatest ally.

I'm going to guess he doesn't have a Supergirl yet.
    Hopefully, we'll be getting this in the not-so-distant future. *crosses fingers*