Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i can't believe i missed this.Gosh! i am busy these days.seems good.
    Seems a lot of people weren't aware of this title or knew exactly what it was about, after I sent my review in to the Superman Homepage, Steve Younis and Michael Bailey on their livestream show Your Live Superman Show - WGBS TV Live! that they weren't aware of the title. Others thought it was a Vixen title because the first story was a Vixen story.

Seems this is another example of DC not promoting certain titles.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

These are all posts from many pages ago at this point, but I just wanted to comment on them quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's how I see it in my head too; Clark's still the hard leftist he was originally, but with age has come wisdom and a smoother touch.
    Disregarding the "both sides-ism," (I'm not gonna go off but I could, haha) I absolutely agree with this. While I really like a younger, more firebrand Superman, I think a tempered, but every bit as progressive, older Superman, should be basically the approach to an older Superman that DC takes into the future, in general and for all time...

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yara Flor is basically golden age Superman in SM/WW whereas Jon is his father so the current trajectory seems to be Superman is the warm nostalgia blanket they want you to return to when you've been living on the edge for too long.

Time will tell, but all indicators aren't pointing to a promising future.
    Which is why this is so frustrating to me, because I see that "nostalgia blanket" thing too across the board, basically the opposite. I think Superman as a franchise is sort of torn between nostalgic and progressive impulses, and that tension exists without regard to the fact that his progressive streak was fierce and strong during the period when he accumulated the public goodwill that that nostalgia rests on.

... Anyway, I hope that "Truth and Justice" treats him better than that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

My review of Chapter 5 is up

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/mil...uth-justice-5/

Seeing Clark Kent struggling to process the ins and outs of racial bias is an interesting concept especially since intolerance and discrimination isn’t a threat that heroes like Superman can simply “punch away”.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    These are all posts from many pages ago at this point, but I just wanted to comment on them quick.

Disregarding the "both sides-ism," (I'm not gonna go off but I could, haha) I absolutely agree with this. While I really like a younger, more firebrand Superman, I think a tempered, but every bit as progressive, older Superman, should be basically the approach to an older Superman that DC takes into the future, in general and for all time...
    .....I don't even remember what both sides-ism you're talking about?

And yes, Clark should always be aimed at a brighter, better future. Even back in the 50's he was telling kids that America is a nation made of up many different nationalities, ethnicities, and religions. There's no doubt that cost DC readers. And there's no doubt that it was the right choice. If Superman isn't pissing off someone, you're doing him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    And those pages have pushed this story past the tipping point from "probably buy" to "certain buy" on the Ascended personal opinion metric.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Do we know how many issues Superman will have? I'm waiting for all to drop so I can read in one sitting.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    .....I don't even remember what both sides-ism you're talking about?

And yes, Clark should always be aimed at a brighter, better future. Even back in the 50's he was telling kids that America is a nation made of up many different nationalities, ethnicities, and religions. There's no doubt that cost DC readers. And there's no doubt that it was the right choice. If Superman isn't pissing off someone, you're doing him wrong.

And those pages have pushed this story past the tipping point from "probably buy" to "certain buy" on the Ascended personal opinion metric.
    It's nice seeing Clark be truer to his roots. I ordered this at my shop but I'm probably going to double dip into digital.

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/mil...uth-justice-5/

Seeing Clark Kent struggling to process the ins and outs of racial bias is an interesting concept especially since intolerance and discrimination isn’t a threat that heroes like Superman can simply “punch away”.

Wow I didn't even know about this! This is what I've wanted to see. Now I need to go back and look for the rest of this. How long does this go far?

I think it wraps next week? My understanding is that each character gets 3 issues before they switch focus.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it wraps next week? My understanding is that each character gets 3 issues before they switch focus.
    Yeah, each story is essentially one issue in print so it should be done next week.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I didn't see this on the list of DC's weekly pubs. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I didn't see this on the list of DC's weekly pubs. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    It's a digital comic so you can only find it on Comixology or other digital comic venues.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

It's a digital comic so you can only find it on Comixology or other digital comic venues.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I saw some scans for this on Reddit and it seemed brilliant. I'm gonna have to check this one out.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

So Truth & Justice #6, the final chapter in the Superman centric story is due to be out on the 12th of this month so this coming Friday.

Chapter 6 is out.