Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1552
    Mighty Member

But oooh boy that Isaiah Bradley scene with Sam was gut-wrenchingly sad. I truly feel sorry for the guy same with Bucky and John.

So many parallels with Isaiah and John's story with U.S issues/history.

But it raises many questions....

If that is Isaiah's grandson (Patriot)...where is his son?!?

What has Isaiah been doing since his release from prison?!?

Was he compensated for the wrongs that was done to him?!?.....if NOT, how does he make money to live and take care of his grandson?

What about Isaiah's shield.....what happened to it?

I don't know about the rest of you but I want to see Isaiah's origin story tied with present ongoings of himself, his son, grandson and family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    But oooh boy that Isaiah Bradley scene with Sam was gut-wrenchingly sad. I truly feel sorry for the guy same with Bucky and John.

Was he compensated for the wrongs that was done to him?!?.....if NOT, how does he make money to live and take care of his grandson?

I don't know about the rest of you but I want to see Isaiah's origin story tied with present ongoings of himself, his son, grandson and family.
    Josiah does not need to exist in the MCU for Eli to exist. Josiah is Eli's uncle not father. Sarah is Eli's mom.

Oh no...Sarah is Steve's mom's name.....will there be a "Martha!!!!" moment???

But back to serious...Yes I would like to see Josiah....but Isaiah and Eli do not confirm Josiah's presence in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Josiah does not need to exist in the MCU for Eli to exist. Josiah is Eli's uncle not father. Sarah is Eli's mom.

I think Sarah is Sam's sisters name, too! Goodness. It's like the generic name they assign to every female character, and they forgot to scrub it from the script!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

But back to serious...Yes I would like to see Josiah....but Isaiah and Eli do not confirm Josiah's presence in the MCU.
    Oh damn....I didn't know Josiah was Eli's uncle, then how did Josiah become a super soldier?!? Blood transfusion?!?

Lolool...ROFL on the potential MCU Martha moment. Hahaha!!

Then if not Josiah then we need to know about Bradley's son/Eli's father....it's a MASSIVE GAP to just skip it.

Btw if it would be interesting to know that Eli genetically inherited the super soldier effects.....would love to see how it's handled from a teen perspective.

This may be the reason he is with his grandpa Isaiah probably because the rest of the family can not handle a superpowered child (assuming his dad/Isaiah's son died or has been MIA for whatever reason).

That whole MGH stupidity from Young avengers was terrible.

Mighty Member

Hmmm..... For all we know MCU could say Eli is Isaiah's immediate son masquerading as his grandson because the inherited serum effects in Eli make's him grow very slowly.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think this episode was very similar to WandaVision's penultimate episode in terms of being more introspective right before the big final battle. Interesting parallel.

spoilers:
    Walker running away right after killing the guy was kinda funny. He KNEW he fucked up. I feel like it's almost impossible to defend the guy after this episode. Up until episode 4 you could make a case for him, but the fact that he was willing to kill Sam and Bucky over the shield... I don't think there is any going back from this. That wasn't out of a blind sense of justice, it was just him being possessive and bloodthirsty. Maybe you can argue that it is the serum messing with the head of someone who was already traumatized, but at this point, regardless of the reason, he's just too far gone to be any kind of heroic figure. But I guess that was the intention from the beginning. He was never going to be the guy we root for. Props to Wyatt Russell, though, who plays unhinged very well. I like his little ''ticks'' and head tilts while playing the character. It really conveys this uneasiness to me. His ''trial'' scene was very interesting, because I feel like it mirrored very well what happened to Isaiah, but showing just what white privilege is: both were judged for their actions and felt betrayed and used by the government for ''only doing the job they were asked to do'', except that only one of them actually committed an atrocity (and attempted to commit another), and guess which one got to walk away free? The only time I sort of felt bad for John in this episode was when he was with Hoskins's family, but even then he was acting questionable, lying to the man's family's face about who murdered him. Own up to your actions, John!

I knew the cameo wasn't going to be all the crazy theories people had. I think WandaVision made it clear these shows are keeping it simple and coherent to the story they want to tell. Contessa Valentina has close ties to S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury and even to Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter to some extent in the comics, so that's probably where they took the inspiration for her inclusion. The fact that she was ''scouting'' Walker and the recent revelation that she was supposed to make her debut in Black Widow really makes it seem like her role is definitely going to build up to the creation of some anti-hero team of sorts, and Valentina (perhaps besides Thaddeus Ross) is going to be the anti-Nick Fury of this franchise. I wasn't putting too much stock on Thunderbolts before that, but I am now.

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed to see Zemo being taken away so easily and quickly. Was kinda hoping he would put up more of a fight to stay free, but the fact that he was sent to the Raft specifically and not to where he was before, or to Wakanda, is probably good news to the character. Being under USA supervision is probably his best chance to actually return. Won't be shocked at all if one of the post-credit scenes next week is him getting a visit from Valentina. It was good to be back at Sokovia, even if briefly. I'm really intrigued about what's happening in what's left of the country now; I hope we can get a story about that in the future. Anyone else got the impression that the monument there seemed like it could be a homage to the Maximoff family? I guess I might only have that feeling because the flashback of Wanda's family in Sokovia is still so fresh in my mind, and TFATWS was supposed to come out before WandaVision originally, so maybe that wasn't the intention. But yeah, that's my headcanon now. LOL

I appreciated how this episode sort of returned to the emotional/psychological state the characters were in the first two episodes, and kinda resolved that, with them finding some closure to their predicaments. It was basically the therapy episode for them, and I liked that. I was wondering what they were gonna do about the whole Yori situation, but it seems like Bucky will come clean to him after his conversation with Sam. I'm already feeling anxious about how that scene's gonna go. And Sam's conversation with Isaiah... wooh. Marvel really went THERE, specially with Isaiah's final lines of how America is never gonna let a black man be Captain America, and how no self-respecting black man would want to be either. That hit hard because, even if you disagree with the statement, you can't really blame him for thinking that. You understand exactly where he comes from. I really like that contrast between an old, disillusioned, hopeless black man and Sam, a black man trying to see the best in people and make people find that hope again for a better future. And in the end, I feel like Sam's advice to Bucky (that he can't live by what other people think) also applies to himself here: he respects Isaiah and his struggle, but he can't define himself by what happened to other people in the past. He has to make his own future. I think that realization is what will make him fully become Captain America in the final episode, and that's just really powerful.

As a side note, I really like the historical reference there when Isaiah said he was tricked into the experiments with the promise of a cure for a disease. Good parallel with the Tuskegee Experiment, which was the story that inspired Truth: Red, White And Black.

I'm really not sure what to think of Sharon Carter. Everyone seems to have a clear role in this except for her. She is working with Batroc?? What exactly is the endgame here? Let's hope the final episode has some good answers, including who the hell the Power Broker is.

That TEASE of Sam's new suit!!!! Can't wait to see it next week! And I really like that it was made by the Wakandans. Can you imagine Sam with a full vibranium suit with full wakandan tech? This man will come to SERVE. I wonder if they also made him a new Redwing... I really wanted him to get an actual bird, but I guess I can settle for a robotic, smart-tech bird too. Just please, no more military drone! And Sam leaving his old wings to Torres... Falcon 2.0 tease, I see.

John Walker's obsession with still being Captain America to the point that he is recreating the shield is kinda creepy, but I guess that's the point. The man is like an obsessive ex who just can't let go, and those can be the scariest ones, LOL. Not sure what his basic ass tin can shield will do (specially against Sam's blessed by Wakanda suit), but I guess he at least have his super serum to back him up. I figure he probably will get some better gear when he fully becomes USAgent as a part of whatever Valentina's plan is.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    With Contessa showing up I am willing to put money on the MCU introducing Nick Fury Sr.
    Isn't Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury already supposed to be Nick Fury Sr.? 'Cause that's what I always thought. If we get another Nick Fury in the MCU, I fully expect it to be the Jr. one (Marcus Johnson), so they can have a younger actor to fill Jackson's shoes when he leaves the MCU. Seems more convenient than another old Nick Fury.

I don't think the show will answer any of this, honestly. I think they are giving us just enough to keep us curious, but won't actually go into more detail until we have something else that can put the Bradleys in the spotlight (like Eli appearing in a Young Avengers production). Spellman did say he can think of at least three projects this show sets up, so maybe the Bradleys will get something in at least one of them.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Isn't Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury already supposed to be Nick Fury Sr.? 'Cause that's what I always thought. If we get another Nick Fury in the MCU, I fully expect it to be the Jr. one (Marcus Johnson), so they can have a younger actor to fill Jackson's shoes when he leaves the MCU. Seems more convenient than another old Nick Fury.

Nah, I imagine it being like Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade where his father calls him Junior and it will be a laugh riot!

Extraordinary Member

Oh damn....I didn't know Josiah was Eli's uncle, then how did Josiah become a super soldier?!? Blood transfusion?!?

Lolool...ROFL on the potential MCU Martha moment. Hahaha!!

Then if not Josiah then we need to know about Bradley's son/Eli's father....it's a MASSIVE GAP to just skip it.

Btw if it would be interesting to know that Eli genetically inherited the super soldier effects.....would love to see how it's handled from a teen perspective.

This may be the reason he is with his grandpa Isaiah probably because the rest of the family can not handle a superpowered child (assuming his dad/Isaiah's son died or has been MIA for whatever reason).

That whole MGH stupidity from Young avengers was terrible.
    Josiah was created by the government using Isaiah's genetic material and using a surrogate.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Josia...iq_(Earth-616)

Eli's mother Sarah has some minor appearances but his father was never shown or named.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-17-2021 at 05:56 AM.

during the "bonding" sequence, they still missed out on an opportunity for Sam to take Bucky to a black barbershop. One more episode left but I doubt it's going to happen now. (oh well.. at least there's fan-fiction..)

During the "practicing" montage, I was expecting one of the "misses" resulting in Sam to getting cold-cocked by the ricocheting shield.. maybe that would have been too goofy.. but I would have laughed...

Ultimate Member

That could've happened when he still had his long hair

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thanks bro. For me, let me clarify, I felt that the fight scene was a little off due to the choreography. It seemed a little choppy, the techniques weren't clean. It tried to be an exciting scene and it was because of the drama. But the fight quality could have been better.
    I agree, I think they were trying to go with camera angles that were shaky and chaotic, trying to get the feeling of a fight to shine through, but it just made things harder to follow.

Interesting idea, and it's not the worst fight scene ever or anything, I thought it was still fairly good, but definitely not one of the MCU's best.

I very heavily suspect that La Fontaine aka Madam Hydra will appear in front on Zemo and say something like " I am putting together a team" with General Ross standing next to her at the end of next week's finale (possibly a mid-credit scene).
    Well sh*t, now I need this to happen and the whole show will be a disappointment if I don't get it. Same thing happened right before the end of Wandavision when I decided I needed Dick Van Dyke to cameo as Mephisto!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Walker always had the training and the pedigree. He was solid with the shield without the serum. But now he has it and is basically a more hardcore and dangerous version of Steve.

I don't think it's that crazy that they both struggled against him.

I don't know where they will go with the T-Bolts roster, but we've got the setup for Jeff Parker's T-Bolts and that also had Walker (and Ghost, I think?) involved.
    I'd be fine with Bucky having a tough fight with John one-on-one, and I'm fine with Sam getting his ass beat, especially in the enclosed space of a building where Sam can't fly and use his skillset to full advantage. But against the two of them at the same time, I just feel like John shouldn't have been big as big a challenge as he was. I mean, Bucky was able to hold his own against T'Challa, for god's sake!

I mean, Buck and Sam weren't trying to kill the guy either, Sam has a lot of weapons he never touched which probably could've made things go easier, but also would've left John a bleeding pile of meat on the floor (super soldiers aren't missile proof, after all) and that contributed to things too. I'm not really bitching, I thought it was a good scene and I've enjoyed this show a lot, I'm just saying that whole sequence wasn't my favorite and I feel like it could've played better. But still satisfied with how things went down.

As for the T-bolts potential roster, I don't think Marvel would copy any particular comics roster, but would likely use some pre-established villains and then bring in a couple new faces to round things out.

Who's currently alive in the MCU for bad guys? Zemo, Abomination, Ghost, theoretically the Leader (though we never see what became of him in Incredible Hulk), Vulture, Agatha is still in Westview, Mordo is still out there.....probably a few I'm forgetting. You take a few of those guys, add in Ross and Justin Hammer (for the tech support) and then Songbird, Moonstone, Beetle, or whoever, and that's a pretty solid roster. And word is Abomination will be showing up in She-Hulk, which might lead into Thunderbolts......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

It seems like Falcon is forced to fight a lot indoors or in close quarters, somewhat negating his advantages over others.

I think the upcoming shows/movies could introduce a few villains who can join the T-Bolts, like MACH in Armor wars, or maybe Songbird in BP2. I don't think any magic users will be on it though

Probably not, but those villains are still out there so I thought I'd include them as possibilities, even if they're damned unlikely ones.

Though I *could* see Agatha being included, simply because she was so popular in Wandavision. I wouldn't put money on it but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Mach/Beetle showing up in Armor Wars seems like a cool way to bring that guy in, as does Songbird in BP2. I could see something like that happening.

Man, I can't wait for Armor Wars. Is it weird that I'm more excited for the shows than I am most of the movies?
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-17-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Probably not, but those villains are still out there so I thought I'd include them as possibilities, even if they're damned unlikely ones.

Though I *could* see Agatha being included, simply because she was so popular in Wandavision. I wouldn't put money on it but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Mach/Beetle showing up in Armor Wars seems like a cool way to bring that guy in, as does Songbird in BP2. I could see something like that happening.

Man, I can't wait for Armor Wars. Is it weird that I'm more excited for the shows than I am most of the movies?
    And maybe Moonstone in CM2. Idk where Atlas would come in. They could've had him in Ant-Man, instead of Darren Cross.

It's not weird. I'm excited for Armor Wars too. I want to see War Machine's characterization expanded on

Wonder if Bucky's gonna come clean about what he did to Yori's son in next week's episode. I don't think it would be right if the show just "dropped" that storyline. Walker and Wilson got to have heart-to-heart talks with people that have been hurt by the "superhero business", I think Bucky needs to have one with the father of the son he killed.