Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

This show is narratively all over the f'ing place but I still find it wildly entertaining.

But yeah... really should have been streamlined a bit considering it is only 6 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    John Walker: "They weren't even super soldiers"

I LOL'd for sure, broke the dude
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    John Walker: "They weren't even super soldiers"

OMG, LMAO so good!

You can taste Walker's tears.

I love Wyatt Russell's depiction, I wish the internet wasn't horrible and harass him in real life

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This show is narratively all over the f'ing place but I still find it wildly entertaining.

But yeah... really should have been streamlined a bit considering it is only 6 episodes.
    I think that is because the bad guys aren't bad guys and trying to keep in them grey area for so long has caused the tone issue. But yeah it is still pretty good.

spoilers:
    I feel like everyone's common sense fell out the window this episode. Sam and Bucky just asking around the camp without at least trying to be slick was ridiculous. John Walker escalated so much in this one episode, and I really can't understand why Bucky didn't stop him from interferring. Taking the time to defend John and Zemo from the Dora Milaje was literally idiotic. (Sidenote: I'm really starting to sour on Bucky as a character after he betrayed the Wakandans like this).

Narratively the show is not doing it for me. They keep trying to make this connection Sam and Carli, without putting in the work to make it make sense. Is it because Sam grew up poor? Was he displaced during Katrina? Did he have some particularly harsh experiences with racism in the army or just in life in general? These are all great avenues that the show can explore, but hasn't (at least yet).

Lastly, I'm SICK of the MCU and it's black best friend trope. Even when they try to subvert it (both here and in WandaVision) they still end up falling back on narratives where a black character's entire purpose within the story is to act as emotional support for their white counterpart and then elicit emotion from them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think that is because the bad guys aren't bad guys and trying to keep in them grey area for so long has caused the tone issue. But yeah it is still pretty good.
    Maybe

but also feels like it is trying to do too much

Sharon Carter isn't really needed. Im not sure if Zemo is really needed, even though he is entertaining.

Falcon is the main title character but outside his super cool first action sequence, he seems to be more of bucky's sidekick. This show seems way more about bucky right now that Sam.

This show should have been focused on the difference between Sam and Walker and why Sam deserves the shield and not a bully like Walker.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Part of the problem could be that the show had to have rewrites and reshoots since the original plot for the Flag Smashers was that they were going to unleash an airborne virus to kill half of the population to force the world to be like it was for the last five years. So not only are they having to rewrite/delete anything involving the virus, the change from bio-terrorism to anarchy can create a different tone when connected with what was left, and when they started production up again they had to deal with restrictions.
    And don't forget Season 8 of Game of Thrones was also only six episodes, that didn't stop it from being all over the place

Incredible Member

Great episode.

Extraordinary Member

That was an amazing episode....
    spoilers:
    Lemar...we hardly got to know you...RIP.
    That ending....DAMN SON!!!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-09-2021 at 06:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Did they really kill the Black best friend?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    spoilers:
    Did they really kill the Black best friend?
    end of spoilers
    See my above post, I'm annoyed but whatever.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    See my above post, I'm annoyed but whatever.
    Maybe it's not definite. This universe has all kind of magic stuff. Still, i didn't think this of all shows would go there

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Part of the problem could be that the show had to have rewrites and reshoots since the original plot for the Flag Smashers was that they were going to unleash an airborne virus to kill half of the population to force the world to be like it was for the last five years. So not only are they having to rewrite/delete anything involving the virus, the change from bio-terrorism to anarchy can create a different tone when connected with what was left, and when they started production up again they had to deal with restrictions.
    And don't forget Season 8 of Game of Thrones was also only six episodes, that didn't stop it from being all over the place
    I mean that makes sense, because the show feels like it really is just more about wanting to make the audience hate US Agent then the Flag Smashers and Baron Zemo.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I mean that makes sense, because the show feels like it really is just more about wanting to make the audience hate US Agent then the Flag Smashers and Baron Zemo.
    Literally turned a dude who bombed ****, framed someone, and killed people (good and bad) into a kinda ok good dude and instantly villainized a soldier who was just trying his best until he broke.

Lil weird

I swear, Sam is like the only pure "good" guy in this lol. Even Bucky is suspect for some of his dumbass decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it's not definite. This universe has all kind of magic stuff. Still, i didn't think this of all shows would go there
    spoilers:
    Yeah he honestly might get up next episode, so I'm choosing to not be up in arms now.

If he is dead I'm honestly not surprised, because this show seems like it wants to tackle race relations in the most vanilla scene way possible. One scene at a bank and one scene with the police isn't all it takes. I'm still disappointed that they introduced the Isaiah plotline and that they haven't gone anywhere with it.

When the show started to walk away from those aspects I was fine (because I was being entertained), but then this? Shows they didn't know what they were talking about to begin with.
    end of spoilers

Literally turned a dude who bombed ****, framed someone, and killed people (good and bad) into a kinda ok good dude and instantly villainized a soldier who was just trying his best until he broke.

Lil weird

I swear, Sam is like the only pure "good" guy in this lol. Even Bucky is suspect for some of his dumbass decisions
    The minute the episode started I was tired of Zemo. He was entertaining as a guest, but keeping him around so long as an ally was a misstep both for the show and the characters.

And yeah Bucky as suspect as hell. I thought old boy was all about making amends?
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-09-2021 at 07:19 AM.