Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Just finished the third episode and it's the best to date. Enjoy!
    Yea this was an absolutely fantastic ep. This show is getting better and better each episode, I cannot WAIT to see how this plays out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Yea this was an absolutely fantastic ep. This show is getting better and better each episode, I cannot WAIT to see how this plays out.
    In full agreement! Excellent episode.

Episode 3 That ending, It is all connected. I feel sorry for Agents of Shield because this is what that show was supposed to do and how it was supposed to connect to MCU. This show makes listening to MCU formula criticism become so annoying now. They are making this mature social and political relevant show and people still online derp derping about how the MCU can't do this and that and it is here doing. Anyways probably the best episode to date, I am still surprised that the Captain America side of the franchise has produced the best MCU content.

spoilers:
    Madripoor showed up, I also have listen to comment again but Baron Zemo said something that makes me believe that part of Sokvia will become Lateveria
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Episode 3 That ending, It is all connected. I feel sorry for Agents of Shield because this is what that show was supposed to do and how it was supposed to connect to MCU. This show makes listening to MCU formula criticism become so annoying now. They are making this mature social and political relevant show and people still online derp derping about how the MCU can't do this and that and it is here doing. Anyways probably the best episode to date, I am still surprised that the Captain America side of the franchise has produced the best MCU content.

spoilers:
    Madripoor showed up, I also have listen to comment again but Baron Zemo said something that makes me believe that part of Sokvia will become Lateveria
    end of spoilers
    Lmao I still consider AOS canon until feige says it isnt specifically. Only way I'll concede

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Lmao I still consider AOS canon until feige says it isnt specifically. Only way I'll concede
    I expect them to say AoS and Netflix shows are branch timeline. That way they can keep the characters but ignore the stories except the stuff they want to keep.

spoilers:

hmm.. The scientist guy.. his last name suggests he may be a descendant of one of those fill-in Caps from the comics. The Spirit of 76, yes?

I'm wondering if the Grand Director is out there and active at all.

Madripoor is a lot more multicultural than I was expecting, but I suppose that is purposeful. Usually it is portrayed in the comics like Hong Kong. I recognized the name of the Princess Bar, but no Jessan Hoan/Tyger Tiger, O'Donnell, Archie, Chief Tan? Maybe another day.. Obviously, no Patch.. (right?)

... I had forgotten about the Sarah subplot. I suppose the phone call helped to remind some of us of that. I couldn't tell who started popping people at the nightclub as soon as Sam was outed? Was that Sharon only? Did she have help?

.... so most of the world's greatest art is at somebody's underground nightclubs?

... I wonder what the revelation about Zemo's escape and Bucky's connection is going to have an affect on his pardon status. We'll see.

... despite what happened at the shipping docks, I'm doubtful that the entirety of the updated serum is truly lost.

And I suspect that Zemo's betrayal will come before long. And I still think he will eventually become Citizen V somehow, even though fans will already know the gimmick..
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Just seen the latest episode, a few thoughts:

spoilers:
    The New Warriors and Folding Circle fan in me loved the mention of Smiling Tiger (and Sam faking his identity)

Madripoor was pretty much how I have always imagined it and I loved the appearance of the Princess Bar. my only regret? No sign of Tyger Tiger (unless that's who Sharon got in the car with when Sam Buck and Zemo left Madripoor, I guess?)

Karli has made it even harder to feel any sympathy for her and any that I DID have pretty much dried up now, she's just too radicalized.

Did I hear a mention of Madini? Linking the Punisher series and having it all connected? I couldn't quite make out the name Sam said on his call.

Ayo's appearance at then end was awesome and I look forward to her inevitable confrontation with Zemo (I suspect that will be the next episode or episode 5).

I did love seeing Sharon back but I hope we see her again just so we can get more on her reaction to Steve's loss and what Sam did with the shield. I know it was touched on but I would like to see more reaction.

Think that covers the main points I wanted to raise
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by James Hunter; 04-02-2021 at 05:18 AM. Reason: name correction

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Zemo is bae, especially on the dance floor

*Madripoor exists*

theorists: "Omg Logan confirmed :O"

I loved this episode!
    Bucky was a beast in Madripoor.
    Zemo showed some fighting skills as well. Let's not forget Sharon, she kicked ass.
    I'm glad we've got to learn what she's been through post Civ War. Man, she's had it rough.

Btw, does anyone know if Cap and Zemo had a team up in the comics, if so, which run/issues?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Zemo is bae, especially on the dance floor
    Lmfao Zemo dancing.

even if it was literally 2 seconds, it was still hilarious.

I NEED A GIF VERSION OF THAT ONE. anyone?

I haven't watched all of the episode yet, but I can honestly say that I was surprised by spoilers:
    woke Zemo
    end of spoilers It was odd.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:

hmm.. The scientist guy.. his last name suggests he may be a descendant of one of those fill-in Caps from the comics. The Spirit of 76, yes?

I'm wondering if the Grand Director is out there and active at all.

Madripoor is a lot more multicultural than I was expecting, but I suppose that is purposeful. Usually it is portrayed in the comics like Hong Kong. I recognized the name of the Princess Bar, but no Jessan Hoan/Tyger Tiger, O'Donnell, Archie, Chief Tan? Maybe another day.. Obviously, no Patch.. (right?)

... I had forgotten about the Sarah subplot. I suppose the phone call helped to remind some of us of that. I couldn't tell who started popping people at the nightclub as soon as Sam was outed? Was that Sharon only? Did she have help?

.... so most of the world's greatest art is at somebody's underground nightclubs?

... I wonder what the revelation about Zemo's escape and Bucky's connection is going to have an affect on his pardon status. We'll see.

... despite what happened at the shipping docks, I'm doubtful that the entirety of the updated serum is truly lost.

And I suspect that Zemo's betrayal will come before long. And I still think he will eventually become Citizen V somehow, even though fans will already know the gimmick..
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

from MCU Wiki
    Trivia

In the comics, Wilfred Nagel was the scientist that replaced Abraham Erskine as the head scientist of Project Rebirth following Erskine's death. Operating under the alias of Josef Reinstein, Nagel tested his version of the Super Soldier Serum on 300 African-American soldiers, with Isaiah Bradley being the only survivor.
    William Nasland was Spirit of 76.
    end of spoilers

Zemo: So tell me, James. Have the falcons stopped screaming yet?

Hey, someone had to make this joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post

Btw, does anyone know if Cap and Zemo had a team up in the comics, if so, which run/issues?
    Spencer made them love interests.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate