Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Or, and hear me out here, maybe none of that happened because Steve disclosed everything he knew about hydra, Bucky and every other preventable tragedy he knew of. Just like he would have told Peggy everything before they ever got involved.

Of the two scenarios, I’m willing to bet mine is just a tiny bit more likely.
    I would hope the timeline Steve lived happened like that

But what about the other Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

Overall, I'm still really enjoying the show and I think I'll still really enjoy it by the finale, however I wish they'd just take their time in telling the story - I can't help but feel an extra episode or two would really help its pacing. Let's see.
    I really really really hope it has a conclusion to the story.

Not a wandavision like ending, but a true ending.

Keep it like the movies...end the story and then just have easter egg type teases. But end the story. Please.

After episode 3, it seems things got messier and wider, not streamlining the plot. I am still not sure which plot is going to be the main plot here. There is a ton going on, especially with the surprise appearance in epIII
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Their service was retconned in Waid's History of the Marvel U. at Busiek's behest with the introduction of the Sian-Kong War, using a Silver Age Thor (IIRC) nation. It's being explored again in The Marvels coming up.
    Thanks. I never did buy that so may look that up to see if it's on Marvel Unlimited. But it still remains that Marvel will have to account for the FF and Doom not being present or mentioned in the MCU so far. It does sadden me that the title that introduced the Marvel Universe will be among the last to be introduced in the MCU. At least Wolverine at a cameo already. It would be nice it they at least namecheck them someday soon now that the FF film is in development.

I have a theory about John Walker. Before Zemo killed Nagel, the scientist said he had been working for the CIA before the snap, trying to use Isaiah’s blood samples to recreate the super soldier formula. We also know Walker has ties to the CIA, with his multiple mentions of Langley in Episode 3. Maybe the CIA didn’t abandon the program as completely as Nagel thought and Walker actually received a prototype of the serum. His growing instability might be due to imperfections in the CIA formula. It would tie together the John Walker and Isaiah Bradley strands. To further tie the story together, posit that the Power Broker has CIA ties and is using the CIA samples (Nagel could have not known or have lied about that) or is a CIA operation of some sort (Nagel would definitely have lied about that). This would explain Karli’s growing instability and Walker’s desperation to track down the Flag Smashers. Sharon could be also working for the Agency or, more likely, be part of another spy outfit (maybe even Fury) trying to figure out what the CIA is up to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks. I never did buy that so may look that up to see if it's on Marvel Unlimited. But it still remains that Marvel will have to account for the FF and Doom not being present or mentioned in the MCU so far. It does sadden me that the title that introduced the Marvel Universe will be among the last to be introduced in the MCU. At least Wolverine at a cameo already. It would be nice it they at least namecheck them someday soon now that the FF film is in development.
    If I'm being honest, I liked the MCU without the F4, but I agree it may be awkward to integrate them. I thought maybe Marvel could use the Ultimate version, where Reed is Maker, so the main MCU could encounter him in a similar way

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If I'm being honest, I liked the MCU without the F4, but I agree it may be awkward to integrate them. I thought maybe Marvel could use the Ultimate version, where Reed is Maker, so the main MCU could encounter him in a similar way
    I feel like they are easier to bring in than the X-men. Their origin is basic superhero stuff.

Granted a younger Hank pym would've been a believable stand in for Reed.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-03-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like they are easier to bring in than the X-men. Their origin is basic superhero stuff.

Granted a younger Hank pym would've been a believable stand in for Reed.
    That's true. I would've liked Hank to be around Tony's age in the MCU. Janet too.

As for Reed, he's one of my least favorite Marvel heroes. However, him being a villain from an alternate universe could be pretty entertaining. They could have it where, in F4's MCUniverse, they started around the same time as Tony did in the main universe, but he cracked, and became villainous, and the other 3 visit he main universe to ask the Avengers for help.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Keep it like the movies...end the story and then just have easter egg type teases. But end the story. Please.

After episode 3, it seems things got messier and wider, not streamlining the plot. I am still not sure which plot is going to be the main plot here. There is a ton going on, especially with the surprise appearance in epIII
    I think it'll have a relatively straightforward ending of Sam becoming Cap and the possibility of new adventures, at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I have a theory about John Walker. Before Zemo killed Nagel, the scientist said he had been working for the CIA before the snap, trying to use Isaiah’s blood samples to recreate the super soldier formula. We also know Walker has ties to the CIA, with his multiple mentions of Langley in Episode 3. Maybe the CIA didn’t abandon the program as completely as Nagel thought and Walker actually received a prototype of the serum. His growing instability might be due to imperfections in the CIA formula. It would tie together the John Walker and Isaiah Bradley strands. To further tie the story together, posit that the Power Broker has CIA ties and is using the CIA samples (Nagel could have not known or have lied about that) or is a CIA operation of some sort (Nagel would definitely have lied about that). This would explain Karli’s growing instability and Walker’s desperation to track down the Flag Smashers. Sharon could be also working for the Agency or, more likely, be part of another spy outfit (maybe even Fury) trying to figure out what the CIA is up to.
    I wonder how Walker would react to knowing he was injected with the formula without his knowledge (if he really was oblivious to it).

I haven't counted the Flag-Smashers but there seems to be less than the amount of formula Nagel said he came up with (20).

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's true. I would've liked Hank to be around Tony's age in the MCU. Janet too.

As for Reed, he's one of my least favorite Marvel heroes. However, him being a villain from an alternate universe could be pretty entertaining. They could have it where, in F4's MCUniverse, they started around the same time as Tony did in the main universe, but he cracked, and became villainous, and the other 3 visit he main universe to ask the Avengers for help.
    I don't think that would be a good path to take....why make Reed a villain when you have Doom in the wings? With Tony not active in the franchise, they could use another go to scientist figure.

I have faith that TPTB at Marvel Studios will do right by the FF. After all, if they can give Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange a successful transition to films they can do the same for the Fantastic Four.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-03-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I'm fine with the shows serving as connective tissue, but I *also* want them to contain complete stories. WandaVision left her in a worse place than it found her, and that may have been necessary for what they were doing with her character, and setting up Dr. Strange 2, but I don't want this to always be the case.

I'd also like to see my heroes get a win. Not, 'oh, now the world hates us even more than they already did, wait a year for the next movie to dump them out of this fire, and quite likely into yet another fire...'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think that would be a good path to take....why make Reed a villain when you have Doom in the wings? With Tony not active in the franchise, they go use a go to scientist figure.

I have faith that TPTB at Marvel Studios will do right by the FF. After all, if they can give Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange a successful transition to films they can do the same for the Fantastic Four.
    It's probably just my bias speaking. But I was trying to think of a way to differentiate the MCU F4 from previous movie versions. Maybe Reed fights an evil version of himself

Although Hope, Banner and Shuri are still around as scientists, plus Ironheart is coming and she's an engineer, so we'll still have plenty of scientists

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with the shows serving as connective tissue, but I *also* want them to contain complete stories. WandaVision left her in a worse place than it found her, and that may have been necessary for what they were doing with her character, and setting up Dr. Strange 2, but I don't want this to always be the case.

I'd also like to see my heroes get a win. Not, 'oh, now the world hates us even more than they already did, wait a year for the next movie to dump them out of this fire, and quite likely into yet another fire...'
    I feel if they had a win, some people might complain about the story being too "light"

Too off topic.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-03-2021 at 11:55 AM.

I'm not so worried about it having a conclusion, as I'm sure the last episode will end with Sam and Bucky defeating Walker and The Flagsmashers and Sam becoming the official Captain America - at its base level, this is such a simple story that I find it hard to believe they won't be able to conclude it.

Exactly this.The thing that worries me is that we won't get a satisfying conclusion to the other, less vital plot threads woven in - The Isaiah Bradley stuff, Bucky's PTSD, Zemo, Sharon. These aren't necessarily the most important parts of the story, but they are some of the most interesting parts, and I'm worried they don't have enough time to address everything properly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Too off topic.
    Sorry about that!

Sorry about that!
    No worries. I just got too carried away.

I'm wondering whose the sniper who killed Shelby. It would be cool if it's Bullseye from Daredevil.