Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Sharon being the Power Broker almost feels too obvious at this point. She's clearly working with someone, but it almost feels like she's being used as a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didn't save the link, if I'm not even just imagining the whole article, sorry. I could be totally wrong on that bit and the Russo's still side on the "alternate timeline" theory.

But I think it's out of character for Steve to do so, personally. His final mission is to shut down all these branching timelines because they could be dangerous and/or result in histories that're even worse than the main timeline.....so he creates a new one to retire in? How does that square?
    Well, tbh, we are dealing with a situation where any course of action seems to raise contradictions and ridiculous logic issues. The thing with the Ancient One about closing off timelines is related specifically to the infinity stones, so that a timeline isn’t created in which one of the stones, a fundamental aspect of existence, is missing. She is particularly interested in the time stone, which is her most powerful weapon against evil. Same could go for Thor’s hammer, I guess. Steve’s personal actions don’t really have the same cosmic significance for the safety of any new timeline.

Of course, if all that is true, where does that leave the main timeline now that the stones are destroyed? I don’t think the writers really thought about that, as they say on the ENDGAME commentary that they wanted to kill Thanos since he had become too powerful and in order to do that they needed to get rid of the stones. Which is perfectly understandable, but also leaves a perfect mess.

I guess that’s time travel for you!

I will also point out, because I just remembered it, that no matter how you cut it, and no matter what Steve does, the events of ENDGAME created at least two new timelines. In one, Loki escapes imprisonment in 2012 and disappears with the space stone. In another, Thanos and his entire army mysteriously vanish from the galaxy in 2014. In a possible third timeline (created by Steve no less), Captain America discovers that Bucky is alive in 2012 (I assume the elevator goons dismiss the Hail Hydra stunt as shenanigans by Loki).

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Doesn't make sense. If Sharon was the PB, why not let Sam and Co die? And if she wanted to save them, why not intervene AS the PB (out of sight of them, say on the phone) and then make contact elsewhere? Killing your own Lieutenant, putting a massive bounty on them and then saving them from it? Not to mention putting your biggest asset it harm's way (Nagel) when you know how Zemo feels about supersoldiers?

I have no idea how you square that circle. If Sharon does end up being the PB, the writing is bad.
    Yeah, the logic doesn't add up for that scenario. Like you said, why expose yourself, kill your own LTs ands save Sam and co when you could still just operate from the shadows and have them killed.

This Sharon is a tribute to Waid and Garney's Cap run where Steve found out that Sharon was alive.

Desmond Chiam on an on-set experience with Falcon and the Winter Soldier:

4/16 So, that aside: here I am attaining a bit of a childhood dream. Holding old mate Cap’s shield.

Captain America was my favourite character growing up, and given that I was a Chinese boy living in Australia - it was pretty much gg kid.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, tbh, we are dealing with a situation where any course of action seems to raise contradictions and ridiculous logic issues. The thing with the Ancient One about closing off timelines is related specifically to the infinity stones, so that a timeline isn’t created in which one of the stones, a fundamental aspect of existence, is missing. She is particularly interested in the time stone, which is her most powerful weapon against evil. Same could go for Thor’s hammer, I guess. Steve’s personal actions don’t really have the same cosmic significance for the safety of any new timeline.

Of course, if all that is true, where does that leave the main timeline now that the stones are destroyed? I don’t think the writers really thought about that, as they say on the ENDGAME commentary that they wanted to kill Thanos since he had become too powerful and in order to do that they needed to get rid of the stones. Which is perfectly understandable, but also leaves a perfect mess.

I guess that’s time travel for you!
    Yeah no matter how you slice it things are screwy. I hope we get some clarification on how time travel works in Loki's show, and they don't just let the flaws in Endgame's logic go unresolved. All the MCU films have a plot hole or three and Endgame is no different, but if time travel is gonna be a thing with the MCU going forward they really need to figure out how it works.

And while the Ancient One was most concerned about the Stones (especially Time), it's still established that any change you make in the past results in a new timeline, not a change in "your" timeline, so if Steve were to save JFK or MLK or anything else, it'd still create a branch. Hell, Clint created a branching timeline where his son couldn't find his baseball glove.

I figure with the Stones Thanos destroyed, they're still there, just as atoms, and that apparently is enough for them to keep the universe intact. Sort of like if you let a block of salt melt in the rain; the salt is still there but the block is gone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it's possible the stones still exist, just not in useable forms

I will also point out, because I just remembered it, that no matter how you cut it, and no matter what Steve does, the events of ENDGAME created at least two new timelines. In one, Loki escapes imprisonment in 2012 and disappears with the space stone. In another, Thanos and his entire army mysteriously vanish from the galaxy in 2014. In a possible third timeline (created by Steve no less), Captain America discovers that Bucky is alive in 2012 (I assume the elevator goons dismiss the Hail Hydra stunt as shenanigans by Loki).
    I think at least the Loki show will explain what's going on with Loki after what happened when he nabbed the Space Stone.

My assumption is that Loki's show will dig into the multiverse via time travel, and help set the stage for both Kang and Strange 2.

Endgame told us branching timelines were dangerous, and I think Loki will show us why.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

My assumption is that Loki's show will dig into the multiverse via time travel, and help set the stage for both Kang and Strange 2.

Endgame told us branching timelines were dangerous, and I think Loki will show us why.
    So will Loki be the only link between Kang and Strange? Because I don't recall them being especially connected

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She even ends up having to face down most of the goons on her own while the trio have a pleasant conversation. I hope this isn't the end for her role in the story, but what did she do to deserve this, other than not be Hayley Atwell?
    Not being Scarjo.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Sharon being the Power Broker almost feels too obvious at this point. She's clearly working with someone, but it almost feels like she's being used as a red herring.
    I agree. Like, what could she have gained by helping them if she was the shadow broker?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So will Loki be the only link between Kang and Strange? Because I don't recall them being especially connected
    Oh I have no idea. We know that Loki's show is about him jumping through time, getting involved in various points in history for some organization who's name escapes me at the moment. We know this is a Loki from a branching Endgame timeline where he stole the space stone.

So....alternate timeline, which is awfully close to multiverse stuff which Strange will be dealing with, and time travel, which is Kang's whole thing. I don't expect a lot of connective tissue between Loki, Strange 2, and whatever film/s Kang is in (Ant-Man 3 and whatever else), but I do expect Loki to help establish some of the rules and dangers of these concepts.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Oh I have no idea. We know that Loki's show is about him jumping through time, getting involved in various points in history for some organization who's name escapes me at the moment. We know this is a Loki from a branching Endgame timeline where he stole the space stone.

So....alternate timeline, which is awfully close to multiverse stuff which Strange will be dealing with, and time travel, which is Kang's whole thing. I don't expect a lot of connective tissue between Loki, Strange 2, and whatever film/s Kang is in (Ant-Man 3 and whatever else), but I do expect Loki to help establish some of the rules and dangers of these concepts.
    I'm guessing that too. Although DS will probably have both alternate universes and timelines.

Kang could show up in a Young Avengers project should it ever happen. That also has Kid Loki, Wiccan and Speed

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Technically the first and third would still be the same alternate timeline since it occurred in the same time trip.