Page 62 of 104 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Speaking of inequalities I love how this show wants to hammer in how “old fashioned” Bucky and how he was only comfortable in the 40s without acknowledging that he’d probably have some biases related to race, sexuality, and gender.
    While I understand this argument, portraying heroic characters with racist/sexist/homophobic tendencies and risking alienating your audience just for the sake of ''realism'' is a hill Marvel might not wanna die on, and I understand that. Specially when you have the antagonists of your story being a group that fights for marginalized groups. It's probably not a message they want to send with their protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They could've adapted his mental powers into something more tactical in the MCU
    I remember someone saying that if Falcon, Aquaman and Ant-Man teamed up, no criminal in the world could hide from them.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    The original story was that they wanted to release a virus that would kill half the planet.

They scrapped that storyline because of Covid.
    Do you happen to have a link to that information?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    While I understand this argument, portraying heroic characters with racist/sexist/homophobic tendencies and risking alienating your audience just for the sake of ''realism'' is a hill Marvel might not wanna die on, and I understand that. Specially when you have the antagonists of your story being a group that fights for marginalized groups. It's probably not a message they want to send with their protagonists.
    Plus, in general, I’d imagine it would be rather difficult to just adapt to waking up 80 years in the future. Can’t imagine spending most of those years as a brainwashed death machine with barely any time to relearn how to be a person again would make the process even harder.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    I've just got around to watching this episode (a day late) and I have to admit I am shocked to see Lemar/Battlestar killed. I know the MCU doesn't need to keep the same characters alive as are in the comics but I assumed he would live.

Walker is seriously disturbed and his murdering that Flag Smasher is playing right into Karli's hands too so that's a double strike!

I loved revisiting Wakanda and seeing more of Bucky's de-programming too.

The last 2 episodes are bound to be intense!

On the Sharon Carter front, she has a LOT of resources but it doesn't see to me like she is the Power Broker that seems like a decoy the show is setting u by going out of the way to make it appear likely she is. We will see rhough
    end of spoilers

I find it interesting that this is the first time we've seen blood on the shield given it realistically should have blood in it given the way it gets used on people.

spoilers:
    That first scene in Wakanda was so powerful. I love how she was saying the trigger words in wakandan language. And of course, Sebastian's acting was just phenomenal. I don't think I've ever felt this much for Bucky before. It was also a really nice contrast between how his relationship with Ayo was back then, and how stained it is now that he betrayed Wakanda's trust.
    end of spoilers
    The trigger words were spoken in Russian and I don't think they would work in another language.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Mighty Member

Do you think it was really necessary to make spoilers:
    Walker go that far?
    end of spoilers
    His best friend who saved his life got killed in the effort....in that moment it's fair to understand how he lost it.

Mighty Member

Best line in the ep was when the Dora's attacked

Sam: We should do something [telling Bucky]

Bucky responds: [Turns to Walker who is getting his ass handed to him....and Folds hands] "Looking strong John."

Hahaha...my ribs almost broke out of my chest laughing.������

Ultimate Member

Speaking of inequalities I love how this show wants to hammer in how “old fashioned” Bucky and how he was only comfortable in the 40s without acknowledging that he’d probably have some biases related to race, sexuality, and gender.
    Then why did they make the antagonists fight for marginalized groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I remember someone saying that if Falcon, Aquaman and Ant-Man teamed up, no criminal in the world could hide from them.
    Exactly. Instead MCU Falcon can...fly! Wow! It's not like Iron Man, War Machine, Thor, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Rocket, Captain Marvel and Spectrum can't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    His best friend who saved his life got killed in the effort....in that moment it's fair to understand how he lost it.
    That's true. I'm just wondering how they'll handle him doing this yet still continuing as a "hero". Of course, if they can handwave Hawkeye's nonsense, I guess US Agent can continue

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    spoilers:
    I've just got around to watching this episode (a day late) and I have to admit I am shocked to see Lemar/Battlestar killed. I know the MCU doesn't need to keep the same characters alive as are in the comics but I assumed he would live.

Walker is seriously disturbed and his murdering that Flag Smasher is playing right into Karli's hands too so that's a double strike!

I loved revisiting Wakanda and seeing more of Bucky's de-programming too.

The last 2 episodes are bound to be intense!

On the Sharon Carter front, she has a LOT of resources but it doesn't see to me like she is the Power Broker that seems like a decoy the show is setting u by going out of the way to make it appear likely she is. We will see rhough
    end of spoilers
    Agreed bro. spoilers:
    Even before taking the serum (Walker legit took the serum, right?) there already seemed to be issues with him. His rashness and his being prone to anger, that indicated to me that he had been altered in some way, before even becoming Captain America. I think that John is somehow contacted to the Power Broker as he was in the comic.
    end of spoilers

As for the other elements of the episode, there were definitely many layers. My analysis mode was on full blast as I was trying to unpack the motivations and points of view of each of the characters. Each had a shade of gray. Some characters hit very hard. Indeed when I heard spoilers:
    Sam's sister talk about how America wasn't her country, or something to that effect, I winced. There's validity in that.
    end of spoilers. Many layers aren't bad things per se, but I found myself a little tired after mentally putting all of these pieces together.

Still my favorite seen had to be seeing Bucky, Falcon, John Walker, Battlestar, and Baron Zemo all together in on an ordinary street. That was a geek out moment. In the comics, they'd be wearing their costumes, but in the show they weren't. Yet somehow they still exuded their comic book presences. Sometimes I forget that I'm watching a Marvel show and then a moment like that reminds me, in a good way.

OVerall, this episode was darker than last. It hit all of those political and social overtones. But that's a good thing. It made the show very relevant.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Possibly

But his main "war group" were a lot of minorites if I remember correctly. So, that could have changed any biases he had.

And... it was POC's that freed him from mind control as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I find it interesting that this is the first time we've seen blood on the shield given it realistically should have blood in it given the way it gets used on people.
    Yeah steve has killed a lot of dudes with that thing, but I guess he never jammed it into someones chest repeatedly lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Exactly. Instead MCU Falcon can...fly! Wow! It's not like Iron Man, War Machine, Thor, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Rocket, Captain Marvel and Spectrum can't fly.
    Limiting ourselves to Earth, we should probably discount Rocket and Star Lord. But we can add Adrien Toomes and White Vision and arguably Ant Man (lots of them critters for Scott to ride). That’s 11 people out of 6 billion or so. A very elite club and a very special ability, no matter how you cut it. Even if you allow for several Asgardians like Valkyrie and throw in a small multiplier for people we haven’t met yet, like Namor and Doom and the various Goblins, we are still have an extremely rare and powerful skill.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Limiting ourselves to Earth, we should probably discount Rocket and Star Lord. But we can add Adrien Toomes and White Vision and arguably Ant Man (lots of them critters for Scott to ride). That’s 11 people out of 6 billion or so. A very elite club and a very special ability, no matter how you cut it. Even if you allow for several Asgardians like Valkyrie and throw in a small multiplier for people we haven’t met yet, like Namor and Doom and the various Goblins, we are still have an extremely rare and powerful skill.
    you're right. I'm just saying he doesn't stand out and could use some extra powers, like he did in the comics, but maybe modified to fit the MCU

Hey, he is from my neighbour country!