Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    No worries. I just got too carried away.

I'm wondering whose the sniper who killed Shelby. It would be cool if it's Bullseye from Daredevil.
    Winter Soldier vs Bullseye fight!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    True. Honestly, though, I doubt many care now, except if they are writing “realistic” stories specific to the Cold War. They figure their primary audience won’t know the difference and the relative few who do mostly won’t mind, both of which assumptions are almost certainly correct.
    Not like they are making a black widow movie or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    Not like they are making a black widow movie or anything.
    Sure. And doubtless that will receive its fair share of complaints about the accents being wrong, the culture misunderstood, the politics mistaken, etc. I suspect the powers that be just accept all that as the cost of doing business. After all, Hollywood often messes up ordinary U.S. southern accents, and they have ready access to plenty of people who speak those naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Winter Soldier vs Bullseye fight!
    I'm game.

Ultimate Member

Sure. And doubtless that will receive its fair share of complaints about the accents being wrong, the culture misunderstood, the politics mistaken, etc. I suspect the powers that be just accept all that as the cost of doing business. After all, Hollywood often messes up ordinary U.S. southern accents, and they have ready access to plenty of people who speak those naturally.
    You'd think after the praise for Black Panther, and some of the backlash against Dr. Strange, on this issue, at least Disney would learn its lesson, if not Hollywood as a whole. Let's hope future MCU multicultural projects, like Shang-Chi, do it right

Ultimate Member

I'm game.
    In terms of low/no superpower hand-to-hand, it would be pretty awesome!

So wow, that episode was really boring. I mean it was drier than a sponge in the Sahara heat.

the best part of the episode for me was Sharon Carter. And i honestly don't get why Falcon just listen's to Bucky when dude obviously has problems. That said it looks nice.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

No worries. I just got too carried away.

I'm wondering whose the sniper who killed Shelby. It would be cool if it's Bullseye from Daredevil.
    Pretty sure it was Sharon. Selmy/selby/whatever her name is was shot only after ordering Sam and Co killed. It gave them enough distraction to escape. Sharon had seen Sam and Co enter the club, as we saw her leave upon their arrival.

And the next time we see Sharon she is... shooting people trying to kill Sam and Buck, with a sniper rifle.

Zemo even calls out that Sam and Buck seem to have a guardian angel, because somebody keeps saving their necks.

If Sharon wasn't the shooter, that's an awfully deliberate red herring. The visual language and the dialogue all point to her, and she makes sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Pretty sure it was Sharon. Selmy/selby/whatever her name is was shot only after ordering Sam and Co killed. It gave them enough distraction to escape. Sharon had seen Sam and Co enter the club, as we saw her leave upon their arrival.

And the next time we see Sharon she is... shooting people trying to kill Sam and Buck, with a sniper rifle.

Zemo even calls out that Sam and Buck seem to have a guardian angel, because somebody keeps saving their necks.

If Sharon wasn't the shooter, that's an awfully deliberate red herring. The visual language and the dialogue all point to her, and she makes sense.
    Some people think Sharon is the Power Broker

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You'd think after the praise for Black Panther, and some of the backlash against Dr. Strange, on this issue, at least Disney would learn its lesson, if not Hollywood as a whole. Let's hope future MCU multicultural projects, like Shang-Chi, do it right
    Honestly I dont think the idea that the royalty in communist countries didnt fair well is not obscure knowledge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    Honestly I dont think the idea that the royalty in communist countries didnt fair well is not obscure knowledge.
    True. Although I was also thinking about things like correct accents, cultural motifs and such

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That's a Keyser soze plot twist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Doesn't make sense. If Sharon was the PB, why not let Sam and Co die? And if she wanted to save them, why not intervene AS the PB (out of sight of them, say on the phone) and then make contact elsewhere? Killing your own Lieutenant, putting a massive bounty on them and then saving them from it? Not to mention putting your biggest asset it harm's way (Nagel) when you know how Zemo feels about supersoldiers?

I have no idea how you square that circle. If Sharon does end up being the PB, the writing is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Do you have a source on that? 'Cause even the most recent interview I remember they gave about the topic had them saying that Steve lived out his life in an alternate timeline before coming back to the main one. I find their explanation to be more internally consistent than the one that the writers gave. The Loki series will probably shed more light on time travel along with Kang showing up in Ant-Man 3. Until then, I think it's a 'choose your adventure' option, you can either choose to believe that Cap was Peggy's husband all along in the main timeline or that he lived out his life in an alternate timeline before coming back to the main one.
    Didn't save the link, if I'm not even just imagining the whole article, sorry. I could be totally wrong on that bit and the Russo's still side on the "alternate timeline" theory.

But I think it's out of character for Steve to do so, personally. His final mission is to shut down all these branching timelines because they could be dangerous and/or result in histories that're even worse than the main timeline.....so he creates a new one to retire in? How does that square? I mean, what are his options here? He either changes history, which he was warned against, or he keeps his head down and lets history unfold, knowing that it turns out right in the end.

So Steve, if he's in another timeline, either ignores all the things his super smart friends told him not to do, or he does the same thing he'd be doing in the main timeline. I prefer to think that he stayed in "his" timeline, with *his* Peggy. But yes, until something is said on screen this is a "pick your own path" kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Doesn't make sense. If Sharon was the PB, why not let Sam and Co die? And if she wanted to save them, why not intervene AS the PB (out of sight of them, say on the phone) and then make contact elsewhere? Killing your own Lieutenant, putting a massive bounty on them and then saving them from it? Not to mention putting your biggest asset it harm's way (Nagel) when you know how Zemo feels about supersoldiers?

I have no idea how you square that circle. If Sharon does end up being the PB, the writing is bad.
    If Sharon is the Power Broker.....yeah I dunno how they're gonna have that make any sense. But we don't really know what her motivations and goals are either, so I don't think I'd rule it out completely.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

I have a theory about John Walker. Before Zemo killed Nagel, the scientist said he had been working for the CIA before the snap, trying to use Isaiah’s blood samples to recreate the super soldier formula. We also know Walker has ties to the CIA, with his multiple mentions of Langley in Episode 3. Maybe the CIA didn’t abandon the program as completely as Nagel thought and Walker actually received a prototype of the serum. His growing instability might be due to imperfections in the CIA formula. It would tie together the John Walker and Isaiah Bradley strands. To further tie the story together, posit that the Power Broker has CIA ties and is using the CIA samples (Nagel could have not known or have lied about that) or is a CIA operation of some sort (Nagel would definitely have lied about that). This would explain Karli’s growing instability and Walker’s desperation to track down the Flag Smashers. Sharon could be also working for the Agency or, more likely, be part of another spy outfit (maybe even Fury) trying to figure out what the CIA is up to.
    After the fight with the super soldiers on the train, I did not think that Walker has the serum in him. I remember he threw that punch that was caught by one of them and was thrown off the train. I was thinking that Walker will eventually take the serum and it will enhance his anger and arrogance and he will then become very unstable. He will become the Walker that was very out of control and aggressive. Could Sharon be the Power Broker? That was the feeling I was getting at the end of the episode. Or she could be a bit of a double agent.