Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised that the character Isaiah Bradley showed up, as well as being mentally aware (as opposed to his comic book depiction). I do hope that Josiah and Patriot will show up in the future.
    Wasn't spoilers:
    Patriot
    end of spoilers there too?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Just watched episode 2 and wow oh wow is this living up to the hype!!
    Isaiah and Battlestar as well. So much great Cap lore being done here. We now have 4 folks who've been a Captain America of a type seen in the MCU. Granted Sam and Bucky have yet to be official Captains on screen but you get what I'm saying.

Seems Sharon isn't going to show up till half way through...or at least I'm hoping ep3 is where she turns up.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wasn't spoilers:
    Patriot
    end of spoilers there too?
    They do not specifically state spoilers:
    the name of the kid who answered the door....but it could be assumed.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm a woman who has dated a guy five years younger than me for almost six years. And I'm not rare at all in that. It depends on the maturity of the guy.
    Like I said, I've dated 21 years older than me-- They weren't looking for commitment. They didn't want their friends to know they were hooking up with me.

Since entering my late 20s, I've gotten significantly more attention from early 20-somethings, compared to when I was that age, and I haven't gotten better looking or more charismatic. I've always been seen as responsible-- I managed 80 student peers at age 20. I imagine my

How old are you? Did you want to date guys 5 or 6 years younger when you were 22 or 25?

BANNED

Plus it's possible older men may have more outdated views on gender, and society as a whole, which may turn off younger women
    I'm not looking for a stay-at-home partner, and I wouldn't say I have outdated views, considering I date older as well-- more than two decades once. I just tend to prefer mid-20-somethings and want to minimize my chances of outliving my long-term partner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's great that we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Most women in their 20s prefer to stay single, they're focusing on their career. As countries get more developed, women start getting married at later ages. Who is bashing Florence? I don't care about who Florence dates. I just found the generalization you made on women outdated.
    You can still date without committing, which is what we do. Glad you're leaving Florence alone.

Isn't this idea a bit outdated?
    Not from my experience. I choose the people who choose me and who I'm attracted to.

I remember being 27 and dating a 27 year old who was also dating a 37 year old, who she was more interested in getting a commitment from. We still had fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-26-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I'm not looking for a stay-at-home partner, and I wouldn't say I have outdated views, considering I date older as well-- more than two decades once. I just tend to prefer mid-20-somethings and want to minimize my chances of outliving my long-term partner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's great that we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

You can still date without committing, which is what we do. Glad you're leaving Florence alone.

Not from my experience. I choose the people who choose me and who I'm attracted to.
    I'm not necessarily directing this at you personally. But I'm aware of how the younger woman-older man dynamic has been misused to mistreat or restrict women

I don't get the whole "land of the free" statement though

BANNED

I'm not necessarily directing this at you personally. But I'm aware of how the younger woman-older man dynamic has been misused to mistreat or restrict women

I don't get the whole "land of the free" statement though
    It means, I'll do what I want. I trust adults with fully developed brains to be capable of making adult decisions, and I don't discriminate based on gender.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-26-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Like I said, I've dated 21 years older than me-- They weren't looking for commitment. They didn't want their friends to know they were hooking up with me.

Since entering my late 20s, I've gotten significantly more attention from early 20-somethings, compared to when I was that age, and I haven't gotten better looking or more charismatic. I've always been seen as responsible-- I managed 80 student peers at age 20. I imagine my

How old are you? Did you want to date guys 5 or 6 years younger when you were 22 or 25?
    40 and it depended on the guy. Women aren't a hive mind. We are all different and even if we have a type, that changes with the people we meet. So trying to peg down what most women go for is an exercise in futility.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    40 and it depended on the guy. Women aren't a hive mind. We are all different and even if we have a type, that changes with the people we meet. So trying to peg down what most women go for is an exercise in futility.
    I'm talking about women in their 20s, which should be clear. And I have no doubt your dating preferences changed in your 30s. You weren't dating guys 5-6 years younger at 22 or 25. In the former case, that would be illegal, miss. Do you have something you want to confess?

I'm talking about women in their 20s, which should be clear. And I have no doubt your dating preferences changed in your 30s. You weren't dating guys 5-6 years younger at 22. That would be illegal, miss.
    No but a couple years younger wasn't uncommon.

And I was replying to this:

Most women prefer men their age or older, leaning toward older.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

It means, I'll do what I want. I trust adults with fully developed brains to be capable of making adult decisions, and I don't discriminate based on gender.
    That's fine but your statements seem to be trapped in gender stereotypes. Doesn't sound free to me

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Dare I say... Sebastian and Anthony have more chemistry with each other than they ever had with Chris Evans. And it REALLY shows in this show. Marvel really knows how to pick a duo for those Disney+ shows. Makes me hopeful the upcoming shows will have just as good chemistry to deliver.

spoilers:
    John is definitely more likable than what I was expecting. He kinda came off as a dick in the end, but I don't think you can really write him off completely because of that line. It's not like the MCU never had arrogant heroes before. I mean, heck, Tony Stark was their first hero. I know there are still 4 episodes to go, so maybe there is a chance they will reveal a darker side of the character, but at this rate I'm kinda hoping they keep him as a nuanced and complex hero. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy, but he doesn't have to be the predictable villain that every stan wants him to be either. I like his dynamic with Battlestar too. Their little arm bump was cute. I think they can be a fun dynamic duo going forward in the MCU, if they don't end up screwed up or dead by the end of the show.

The Flag Smashers don't seem to be all that bad either... I mean, other than the terrorism part. It definitely felt like the episode was trying to show they had some points to make. I wonder where exactly they are taking this story, because between John being more likable, Karli being more humanized, and Zemo's role being of helping Bucky and Sam, it doesn't seem like the show has a very clear villain yet. It'll be interesting to see how they develop this. Like some have said, it's possible the Power Broker will end up being the big bad, after all. I think that could work.

Fake Redwing destroyed, yes! And now my agenda to bring the real Redwing into the MCU commences. I don't care how they do it. If we can have a hero who telepathically uses ants for combat, we absolutely can have a hero who telepathically uses birds. It's literally not unrealistic within MCU standards of technology. Just do it, Marvel. Give us the freaking bird!

Isaiah Bradley showing up is obviously a big deal. Him being the Super Soldier of the 50s and having fought the Winter Soldier was a good change of his comic book history. I think it worked well for the MCU, and they kept the important parts. I hope they say he was called Captain America too. For all my previous criticism of how they portrayed Joaquin, I'm really glad they didn't shy away from saying that the government and the military fucked Isaiah over. Now all I hope is they don't try to backtrack or gloss over this in any way. This should be a huge plot point, and it should affect the way the heroes see the people they have to work for.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-26-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

Doesn't Ant-Man speak to ants through translating their signals?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Dare I say... Sebastian and Anthony have more chemistry with each other than they ever had with Chris Evans. And it REALLY shows in this show. Marvel really knows how to pick a duo for those Disney+ shows. Makes me hopeful the upcoming shows will have just as good chemistry to deliver.

spoilers:
    John is definitely more likable than what I was expecting. He kinda came off as a dick in the end, but I don't think you can really write him off completely because of that line. It's not like the MCU never had arrogant heroes before. I mean, heck, Tony Stark was their first hero. I know there are still 4 episodes to go, so maybe there is a chance they will reveal a darker side of the character, but at this rate I'm kinda hoping they keep him as a nuanced and complex hero. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy, but he doesn't have to be the predictable villain that every stan wants him to be either. I like his dynamic with Battlestar too. Their little arm bump was cute. I think they can be a fun dynamic duo going forward in the MCU, if they don't end up screwed up or dead by the end of the show.

The Flag Smashers don't seem to be all that bad either... I mean, other than the terrorism part. It definitely felt like the episode was trying to show they had some points to make. I wonder where exactly they are taking this story, because between John being more likable, Karli being more humanized, and Zemo's role being of helping Bucky and Sam, it doesn't seem like the show has a very clear villain yet. It'll be interesting to see how they develop this. Like some have said, it's possible the Power Broker will end up being the big bad, after all. I think that could work.

Fake Redwing destroyed, yes! And now my agenda to bring the real Redwing into the MCU commences. I don't care how they do it. If we can have a hero who telepathically uses ants for combat, we absolutely can have a hero who telepathically uses birds. It's literally not unrealistic within MCU standards of technology. Just do it, Marvel. Give us the freaking bird!

Isaiah Bradley showing up is obviously a big deal. Him being the Super Soldier of the 50s and having fought the Winter Soldier was a good change of his comic book history. I think it worked well for the MCU, and they kept the important parts. I hope they say he was called Captain America too. For all my previous criticism of how they portrayed Joaquin, I'm really glad they didn't shy away from saying that the government and the military fucked Isaiah over. Now all I hope is they don't try to backtrack or gloss over this in any way. This should be a huge plot point, and it should affect the way the heroes see the people they have to work for.
    end of spoilers
    Agree completely on the Bucky/Sam relationship...loved it in Civil War too..."move the seat up." "No." and the "I hate you" at the airport.

spoilers:
    I like John's portrayal in this....and don't think he is being more of a dick than Sam and Bucky. At least John is offering to work with them. He sees them as they are. A couple of stone cold operators and that they could be an asset...but if they are not going to work with him they could hinder his mission.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    And, you know... A shield of his own.
    Could tweak it with him having an energy shield like Coulson's.