Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah steve has killed a lot of dudes with that thing, but I guess he never jammed it into someones chest repeatedly lol
    Comparing Steve to Walker and the Flag-Smashers, I think we're seeing just how much restraint he put in as Cap.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post

Hey, he is from my neighbour country!
    I never thought I'd see the day when Baron Zemo would get 3 million views and counting on YouTube . I like how MCU Zemo has some of the elements of the comic book costume but it's more sophicated looking. I picked up his Funko Pop at Gamestop the other day. I've had the Bowen bust for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day when Baron Zemo would get 3 million views and counting on YouTube . I like how MCU Zemo has some of the elements of the comic book costume but it's more sophicated looking. I picked up his Funko Pop at Gamestop the other day. I've had the Bowen bust for many years.

Exactly bro. It's cool to see Zemo become popular. I remember hearing that he'd be in Civil War and feeling pretty excited about it. I liked his appearances in the Avengers: Under Siege as well as Thunderbolts. But he was grossly overshadowed in that film and just cast to the wayside. The series is giving Zemo more depth, which is so cool.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Exactly bro. It's cool to see Zemo become popular. I remember hearing that he'd be in Civil War and feeling pretty excited about it. I liked his appearances in the Avengers: Under Siege as well as Thunderbolts. But he was grossly overshadowed in that film and just cast to the wayside. The series is giving Zemo more depth, which is so cool.
    Yes, to tell the truth I really didn't remember that Zemo was in Captain America: Civil War until someone mentioned it to me. I hope he doesn't get killed off in this series.

iMan 42s

I don't know if I can post spoilers in this thread so I'll refrain but damn this show is so good. Poor John Walker just can't catch a break. Honestly though I really hope he survives beyond this series cause I'd love to see more of this guy. Even if he of course wont be Cap for long I'd love to see more of Wyatt Russell's take on John Walker.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comparing Steve to Walker and the Flag-Smashers, I think we're seeing just how much restraint he put in as Cap.
    Maybe

The people on the SHIELD cruiser and the people in the beginnign of CW sure took the brunt of him though lol

I did like how, in ep 4, that once Walker powers up... the Flag Smashers got the **** beat out of them. Ditto with bucky just running through them. They were just normal people who get really strong vs two soldiers lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I don't know if I can post spoilers in this thread so I'll refrain but damn this show is so good. Poor John Walker just can't catch a break. Honestly though I really hope he survives beyond this series cause I'd love to see more of this guy. Even if he of course wont be Cap for long I'd love to see more of Wyatt Russell's take on John Walker.
    If he continues, I hope he realizes the error of his ways first

Extraordinary Member

Maybe

The people on the SHIELD cruiser and the people in the beginnign of CW sure took the brunt of him though lol

I did like how, in ep 4, that once Walker powers up... the Flag Smashers got the **** beat out of them. Ditto with bucky just running through them. They were just normal people who get really strong vs two soldiers lol.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If he continues, I hope he realizes the error of his ways first
    I think if you take the Cap suit and just let him be what he is....a stone cold spec ops butt kicker...then John is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I have a feeling they won’t kill him off. John would be perfect for an MCU version of Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Exactly.

I think if you take the Cap suit and just let him be what he is....a stone cold spec ops butt kicker...then John is perfectly fine.
    Yeah, but idk if that's good for him if he has emotional and psychological issues. I think it would be good character progression if Sam and Bucky convinced him to confront his own behavior.

Mighty Member

With the latest episode, one can see that Sam has the same morality and temperament as Steve Rogers. He is also a very competent strategist and you can see the difference between him, Bucky and definitely Walker. Sam is the planner of the group and the best strategist. My biggest issue is that Sam has not really won a significant fight against a name antagonist. He has taken out nameless henchman but has lost or stalemated with almost all of the top combatants he has faced. Even in this series Sam has lost most of the top fights. This may change at the end of the series but I find it interesting that the nearly unbeatable Steve Rogers most likely be replaced by a combatant that is not half the fighter he was. I just wish Sam was a bit better at hand to hand combat.

But his main "war group" were a lot of minorites if I remember correctly. So, that could have changed any biases he had.
    Not *everyone* from the 30's and 40's was racist either. It was the prevalent mindset and socially accepted (if not encouraged) but not every single person was so unenlightened. Steve, we know, is supposed to be the ultimate good guy; the soldier who doesn't hate Germans (just bullies), and we can assume his best friend held similar, open minded beliefs.

You got a great point about the Howling Commandos too; Steve and Buck worked with a very diverse group of people throughout the war. Nothing like years of constant life-or-death combat situations, fighting against history's greatest (worst?) bigot to cure you of your own biases right?

Yeah steve has killed a lot of dudes with that thing, but I guess he never jammed it into someones chest repeatedly lol
    Steve killed a lot of dudes with the shield, but never a defeated opponent who was barely conscious and unable to defend himself. That wasn't a "killed in action" kinda thing, that was murder. I mean, I get it; Battlestar just died, these Smashers are terrorists who're killing innocent people and just murdered Walker's BFF....anyone might lose control under such pressure. But that doesn't mean it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    you're right. I'm just saying he doesn't stand out and could use some extra powers, like he did in the comics, but maybe modified to fit the MCU
    I thought the same thing until that opening sequence in the first episode (and this episode had a few badass moments too). Now I'm starting to see his appeal and what he brings to the table, both as a combatant and as a voice in the group.

Wouldn't complain if Hank Pym showed up all "Here's a new headset that lets you talk to birds the same way Scott and Hope talk to ants!" but honestly I feel like it's not really necessary. Sam's got a large enough arsenal, and he feels a little bit like a mix of Cap and Tony; he doesn't have the full Iron Man suit but what he lacks in bulletproof armor he makes up for with a soldier's training and discipline. And what he lacks in super soldier biochemical enhancements, he makes up for with the jet pack and high-density weapons. He's still low-tier as far as power goes, not even in the mid-range like Steve, Tony, and Parker....but that's okay, he doesn't have to be capable of taking down Hulk in a fight to be a solid, enjoyable hero....and talking to birds isn't really gonna make him more badass anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I hope Zemo didn't put his mask on for only a minute so they could say "look, Zemo finally wore his comic mask! Now he'll never wear it again!"

Ultimate Member

I don't think he needs to necessarily be more badass. I think he can handle himself pretty well already. For me, I like when every hero group has a distinct power set.

I wouldn't mind Hank helping him out either. Although I think Falcon's power worked more like Sub-Mariner. He got it from the Cube, right?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Zemo didn't put his mask on for only a minute so they could say "look, Zemo finally wore his comic mask! Now he'll never wear it again!"
    Hey, this ain't the XCU!