Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1552

Flag Smashers were fine. This show wasn't focusing on the villains, it was focusing on Sam, Bucky, Walker and to a lesser extent even Zemo.

Flag Smashers were mooks to punch with a noble enough goal that you could see both sides of it so Sam could do the Captain America thing, Walker could get the serum, Bucky had people to fight, and Zemo had people to murder lol.

They could have been a bit better if Karli actress had more screen presence. When you get small amounts of screen time, you got to smash it and she simply didn't. They wanted to blurr the line between "psychopath terrorist" and "young teenage idealistic girl" and what they got was something bland in between. She never felt menancing when she needed too and I never really felt terribly sorry for her during the "sad" stuff.

If you throw out the Sharon plotline (just keep the Power Broker in the background) and that time and use that ot show us what things were like during the decimation and then blip... it would be easier to feel sorry for Karli and whoever she was fighting for.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Do you think Sharen Is a Skull,Im taking about the post credits in Episode 6

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Do you think Sharen Is a Skull,Im taking about the post credits in Episode 6
    No. Oh God is this the new Mephisto? Every character who does something out of the ordinary is a Skrull.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No. Oh God is this the new Mephisto? Every character who does something out of the ordinary is a Skrull.
    What if the Skrulls are...Mephisto!?

I thought Walker's "redemption" came out of fucking nowhere, and I felt it was done because Marvel Studios wants to use him in "an upcoming exciting MCU project!" And I thought Sam's speech meandered as well. Weird ending. The stuff with Isaiah Bradley was great. Lumbly awesomely narrated a PBS documentary on Miles Davis last year so I KNEW he would be great in this show.

Of course not, it's just Mephisto posing as a Skrull.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I thought Walker's "redemption" came out of fucking nowhere, and I felt it was done because Marvel Studios wants to use him in "an upcoming exciting MCU project!" And I thought Sam's speech meandered as well. Weird ending. The stuff with Isaiah Bradley was great. Lumbly awesomely narrated a PBS documentary on Miles Davis last year so I KNEW he would be great in this show.
    I would hardly call it redemption as he's unknowingly involved in Hydra shenanigans now & still disgraced amongst the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I thought Walker's "redemption" came out of fucking nowhere, and I felt it was done because Marvel Studios wants to use him in "an upcoming exciting MCU project!"
    Eh

people on the internet exaggerated how "bad" Walker was.

Dude was still a medal of honor winner and initially worthy of the shield.

He isn't a horrific person, he just isn't Captain America.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh

people on the internet exaggerated how "bad" Walker was.

Dude was still a medal of honor winner and initially worthy of the shield.

He isn't a horrific person, he just isn't Captain America.
    Overall I think John was presented very poorly in this series. I enjoyed Wyatt's portrayal but the writers could have done better. He was pretty much presented as 'heel' in the series.

As I stated previously his fight with the Dora could have been presented better with John and Lemar only losing because they were outnumbered. I get John needed to lose that fight to push him to feel he needs the serum...but a better showing from John and Lemar would have sold it better for me.

End of 4 beginning of 5 were great for John. The fight with the Flag Smashers, killing Nico, and then the fight with Bucky and Sam. He held his own in this one against a more experienced super soldier and tech enhanced Sam. It took both of them to take him down. This is more how I think He should have been portrayed in the Dora fight.

There should also have shown people's reactions to things with John...being presented as New-Cap, shwacking Nico, John getting fired. I am sure there were some pretty strong opinions to these from the public that are pro, con or indifferent on all of them...show that public reaction and show the characters reaction to that reaction.

spoiliering this as it is about the finale.

spoilers:
    John shows up and calls out Karli...then proceeds to get knocked to the ground an pummeled. I get the FS are all serumed up...but John is a trained soldier and fighter. This fight should have been shown with John standing up to them and winning against them...then being put in the position of choosing to save the hostages or go after Karli.

But his saving the hostages was only presented as him preventing the truck from falling long enough for Sam to show up and be the big hero.

This could have had the public "big damn hero" moment for each of the 3 leads. Bucky saving one truck...which he did, Sam saving the people on the chopper...which the did, and John saving the other truck form falling...which he only partly did as he got knocked down into the pit and Sam had to save it.
    end of spoilers

I would hardly call it redemption as he's unknowingly involved in Hydra shenanigans now & still disgraced amongst the government.
    Did I miss something...did they say specifically that Val is Hydra? Or are people assuming as in the comics she was Hydra? Look at what they did with Sharon.

And as far as Sharon/Skrull opinions....considering Secret Invasion is coming up...I would say it is a reasonable assumption.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-24-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Did I miss something...did they say specifically that Val is Hydra? Or are people assuming as in the comics she was Hydra? Look at what they did with Sharon.

And as far as Sharon/Skrull opinions....considering Secret Invasion is coming up...I would say it is a reasonable assumption.
    Idk if Val is evil or good. I don't think they've outright said

I mean she's named after Madame Hydra unless it's a red Herring it's pretty safe assumption guess will find out in Black Widow.

Ultimate Member

I mean she's named after Madame Hydra unless it's a red Herring it's pretty safe assumption guess will find out in Black Widow.
    I know. But there have been several Madames Hydra. Plus, considering how several female characters are becoming more villainous in the MCU, it's possible she'll become more heroic. Honestly Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know. But there have been several Madames Hydra. Plus, considering how several female characters are becoming more villainous in the MCU, it's possible she'll become more heroic. Honestly Idk
    Yeah ain't nothing about Val come off as the slightest bit heroic she screamed SUS!

Extraordinary Member

Like in the comics, Walker to the end is presented as the Anti-Cap to the point that I'm pretty sure that while he's never going to be straight up evil, he'll rarely question orders just so long as he's in the game.

As for Sharon, I mean, she was never going to be Steve's one true. Like someone else said, former government agents are a dime a dozen and it seems like a role like this give Van Camp far more to work with.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Like in the comics, Walker to the end is presented as the Anti-Cap to the point that I'm pretty sure that while he's never going to be straight up evil, he'll rarely question orders just so long as he's in the game.

As for Sharon, I mean, she was never going to be Steve's one true. Like someone else said, former government agents are a dime a dozen and it seems like a role like this give Van Camp far more to work with.
    So are evil masterminds. And they don't even have that many government agent heroes in the MCU anyway.

I'm neutral on Sharon right now but its odd to me that people think the only options for her are either Steve's girlfriend or spoilers:
    a villain
    end of spoilers.