Page 64 of 104 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think he needs to necessarily be more badass. I think he can handle himself pretty well already. For me, I like when every hero group has a distinct power set.

I wouldn't mind Hank helping him out either. Although I think Falcon's power worked more like Sub-Mariner. He got it from the Cube, right?
    I have no idea how Sam got his powers in the comics, he's not a character I ever really got into before.

And I do prefer characters to have unique abilities and skills, but I think MCU Sam has that. At least to a degree. Granted, his individual abilities aren't very unique but I think as a whole he has a relatively unique kit. At the very least he's no less redundant than guys like Bucky or Rhodes.

Like, you and I were discussing "alternate hero skins" for the Avengers game over in the Games forum a few weeks back right? Well, you couldn't really make Falcon a skin for any of the game roster, his abilities don't overlap enough with anyone else.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I have no idea how Sam got his powers in the comics, he's not a character I ever really got into before.

And I do prefer characters to have unique abilities and skills, but I think MCU Sam has that. At least to a degree. Granted, his individual abilities aren't very unique but I think as a whole he has a relatively unique kit. At the very least he's no less redundant than guys like Bucky or Rhodes.

Like, you and I were discussing "alternate hero skins" for the Avengers game over in the Games forum a few weeks back right? Well, you couldn't really make Falcon a skin for any of the game roster, his abilities don't overlap enough with anyone else.
    I don't necessarily mind characters with similar powers, like War Machine, US Agent and Scott Lang. I kinda like it, because they're based on the same template but have different personalities and origins. Whereas Falcon is a separate template, so I feel he should have a separate power set. And yeah, he wouldn't work as a reskin.

I think in the comics he got avian telepathy from the Cosmic Cube. They could've modified it to general telepathy in the MCU

Extraordinary Member

Kind of disappointed in....spoilers:
    John's and Lemar's fight with the Dora Milaje. These guys are supposed to be the best of the best of the best. Tier 1, Delta Force level butt kickers. But they go out like a couple of no load punks. I get that John needed to lose that fight to make him believe he needed the serum to be Cap....but at least they could have made the DM earn that win.

Also...now I want to see John have to go into Wakanda to get someone and run into Ayo and tell her "my jurisdiction is where ever I happen to be."
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-11-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day when Baron Zemo would get 3 million views and counting on YouTube . I like how MCU Zemo has some of the elements of the comic book costume but it's more sophicated looking. I picked up his Funko Pop at Gamestop the other day. I've had the Bowen bust for many years.
    Looks cool man!

I grew up with Shonen Anime so I liked everyone getting their own powers or gimmicks. It's not 100% a necessity but I preferred it. Hence why I like the X-men more than the other superhero families.

I think Sam's powers could be better but I prefer it to Rhodey. He's another dude in an Iron man suit but his suit just has a bigger gun which is pretty meh. Sam has a whole new skillset to master which I could respect. I dislike the MCU just making it tech but the movies and TV show do a better job making his sequences distinct.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I grew up with Shonen Anime so I liked everyone getting their own powers or gimmicks. It's not 100% a necessity but I preferred it. Hence why I like the X-men more than the other superhero families.

I think Sam's powers could be better but I prefer it to Rhodey. He's another dude in an Iron man suit but his suit just has a bigger gun which is pretty meh. Sam has a whole new skillset to master which I could respect. I dislike the MCU just making it tech but the movies and TV show do a better job making his sequences distinct.
    Interesting. I tend to prefer Avengers a bit more because X-Men generally only have 1 or 2 powers each

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Kind of disappointed in....
    ....I tried to write this response to avoid spoilers but that was annoying, so I'm just gonna write it, and if someone hasn't watched the latest episode (days after it came out) then why are they in this thread in the first place?

Spoilers to follow.

I get what you're saying but I think you're comparing two slightly different things. Yeah, Walker is special ops and a highly trained soldier, but even the highly trained spec ops soldiers don't spend a ton of time mastering melee combat. The dora, on the other hand, are primarily melee combatants and they're trained to keep up with their superhuman king.

The whole situation was perfectly built to give the dora a huge advantage; Walker didn't know they were coming and basically got ambushed. He was forced into tight quarters where the extra reach of the dora's spears gave them a huge advantage and played into their training more than his own. And they're using vibranium weapons and gear, which negates the shield and surpasses everything else.

Not to mention we're talking about Wakandans. They all have access to technology and training that makes the best American options look laughable, and the dora are the best Wakanda has to offer. They're so good Okoye earned a spot as an Avenger during the five year time jump, yknow? And I'm pretty sure we saw Ayo protecting the royal family in Black Panther, which means she's one of their best, so it's not like Walker got punked by some random nobody who had just joined the milage.

In a different scenario I'm sure Walker would've had a better showing. Well, a different scenario *and* a narrative that didn't require he get beat to push him further towards the abyss anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ....I tried to write this response to avoid spoilers but that was annoying, so I'm just gonna write it, and if someone hasn't watched the latest episode (days after it came out) then why are they in this thread in the first place?

Spoilers to follow.

I get what you're saying but I think you're comparing two slightly different things. Yeah, Walker is special ops and a highly trained soldier, but even the highly trained spec ops soldiers don't spend a ton of time mastering melee combat. The dora, on the other hand, are primarily melee combatants and they're trained to keep up with their superhuman king.

The whole situation was perfectly built to give the dora a huge advantage; Walker didn't know they were coming and basically got ambushed. He was forced into tight quarters where the extra reach of the dora's spears gave them a huge advantage and played into their training more than his own. And they're using vibranium weapons and gear, which negates the shield and surpasses everything else.

Not to mention we're talking about Wakandans. They all have access to technology and training that makes the best American options look laughable, and the dora are the best Wakanda has to offer. They're so good Okoye earned a spot as an Avenger during the five year time jump, yknow? And I'm pretty sure we saw Ayo protecting the royal family in Black Panther, which means she's one of their best, so it's not like Walker got punked by some random nobody who had just joined the milage.

In a different scenario I'm sure Walker would've had a better showing. Well, a different scenario *and* a narrative that didn't require he get beat to push him further towards the abyss anyway.
    Like I said...I have no problem with him losing for the purpose of the story...just wanted a better showing.

Interesting. I tend to prefer Avengers a bit more because X-Men generally only have 1 or 2 powers each
    It's less the number of powers, but what they are, how they are used, who has them etc.

The X-men tends to lend itself to more variety than other superheroes. Same with the Inhumans.

Ultimate Member

It's less the number of powers, but what they are, how they are used, who has them etc.

The X-men tends to lend itself to more variety than other superheroes. Same with the Inhumans.
    Ok. I find the Avengers tend to have more variety. But maybe I'm seeing something different

Ok. I find the Avengers tend to have more variety. But maybe I'm seeing something different
    It's less the Avengers and more their families. Like we have a bunch of Hulks, Spiderpeople, Shrinking particle users, supersoldiers, hammer users etc. It's not that appealing to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-11-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's less the Avengers and more their families. Like we have a bunch of Hulks, Spiderpeople, Shrinking particle users, supersoldiers, hammer users etc. It's not that appealing to me.
    I see. To me it's more appealing than the one power guys like Cyclops or Angel. A bunch of shrinking guys seems more interesting than a bunch of super strength guys (with both teams have, I might add)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't have time to read through the mountain of pages since I last looked at this thread, so possible apologies.

I'm holding out that Battlestar isn't dead, dead. He was just mostly dead(Princess Bride), and that quick med work has him in a medically induced coma or some such. Walker visits his bedside and injects him with the last vial of Super Soldier serum.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

For those of you interested in the merchandise, the Marvel site released some previews of T-shirts, etc.

The likeness to the actor playing Baron Zemo is really well done

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Kind of a dumb technical question here but how do I read spoilers? So far I’ve just had to quote them, which seems inefficient.